Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2015, 14:33   #271
BHPian

Re: Road rage confession

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accent Martin View Post
I got shouted at by a cab ... .... good gesture.

Been there, done that! I had this same experience at two places. One at the very same junction on the Inner Ring Road, and one more in my native place (was an auto in this case). I totally feel for you brother!
Old 14th September 2015, 22:18   #272
BHPian

This incident happened today, infact 2 hours ago. I was being continously irritated by some young chaps driving an Alto - honking, tailgating, flashing, howling. I gave them enough chances to pass but they would come beside my car and shout from the window. I remember cutting in their lane a few minutes back to save a stray dog that had jumped in my way. But after that, I was driving sedately and was more alert. Those idiots try to squeeze my car into the left most lane (and off the road) but I manage to clear twice. The third time, they show a middle finger while overtaking and I lost my temper. I remain normal and happy almost 99% of the time but if I go into the 1% angry mode, then I can't control myself. I overtake them abruptly and ask them to pull over (with signals from the hand). They stop their car and I too stop a few metres ahead to talk to them. One of the fellow (who was driving) comes and slaps twice on my face. He says "You don't know me. I will cut you into pieces and nobody will ever know". Not expecting that, as I gained control over my senses, I punch him hard in the face (forehead) and he falls straight to the ground. The other fellow starts hurling abuses and gets out of the car. I walk up to him and the verbal fight starts. He calls up his friend's parents (supposedly in Police, or some high post) and they reach the scene 10 minutes later in an Autorickshaw. By that time, a huge crowd had gathered (seeing the unconscious boy) and after some time, the boy had stood up again. His parents seemed to be lower/middle class decent people and asked about the matter politely. The boy was still not sorry and starts abusing me (in front of his parents) again. Their parents seemed to be troubled by their son, and had no control over him. He shifted the blame to me for cutting lanes unnecessarily and started pushing me, along with his friend. I told them that I had a DashCam and I am ready to show the footage to the Police. Hearing the name of Police, the boy suddenly got scared and decided to go away. He walked to his car and asked (rather ordered) his parents to do the same. They were sorry for his behaviour and I too felt bad myself. I apologized to them for losing my temper but told them about their son's mistake. They said that they are having a poor financial condition and the boy didn't have a license (he and his friend looked younger than me). While going away, the boy didn't show any shame and was staring at my car's number. I let it go as complaining to the Police would result in more burden to the already disturbed parents.

What made matters worse in this case was the crowd. No one saw him slapping me and the moment I punched him, every one gathered on the spot to take his side. One of them even said to the young boy "If you have some contacts, call them"!

PS. I didn't have a dashcam installed but the way I said it, with full confidence, made them believe so.
vin11 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 15th September 2015, 07:50   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vin11 View Post
I didn't have a dashcam installed but the way I said it, with full confidence, made them believe so.

Kudos to you on pulling off a good bluff!
Tanmay K is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2015, 11:09   #274
Senior - BHPian

Some days back before while driving through Saki Naka, a Tata Ace randomly comes out of a lane at super speeds and I just pass by from his right, while passing it pisses him off that I did not stop to let him through, he touches the rear side of my car. I AM FURIOUS. Who plays dashing cars in today's times. I stop right there and get out to check the damage.

His exact words 'Rok diya hota toh yeh nahi hota tera gaadi ke saath'.

I am so angry I retort back 'Tum rocket ke jaisa aaya, rokneka time kidhar diya and fir upar se thok ke shaanpatti karta hai'

Without even warning the driver gets out and punches me SO HARD in the stomach, I am dazed with everything around just going round. I cannot feel my feet or head and vision becomes blurry. While I got out I saw an Audi, a Swift and a Mercedes stand right behind my car with people inside and everyone is just looking even while I got hit so hard. No one moves a muscle. People are just looking too like it was some circus. I remember just limping to my car, going ahead and parking it while the ACE guys just pass by like nothing happened. If something like this happened in front of me, I would help them like no one's business, but everyone just kept a mum like spectators.

I remembered a quote I had read online "Sometimes you find yourself in between no where, sometimes in between no where you find yourself'

I found myself that day FINALLY, I have decided to leave India for good in some months. This and a lot of other incidents over 2 years have made me detest this place to no end, Lawlessness is epic here.This incident was a final nail in the coffin.

Last edited by humyum : 15th September 2015 at 11:11.
humyum is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 15th September 2015, 11:27   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
Without even warning the driver gets out and punches me SO HARD in the stomach, I am dazed with everything around just going round. I cannot feel my feet or head and vision becomes blurry. While I got out I saw an Audi, a Swift and a Mercedes stand right behind my car with people inside and everyone is just looking even while I got hit so hard. No one moves a muscle. People are just looking too like it was some circus. I remember just limping to my car, going ahead and parking it while the ACE guys just pass by like nothing happened. If something like this happened in front of me, I would help them like no one's business, but everyone just kept a mum like spectators.
What!? This is something I didn't see anywhere in India. In India, you hurl an abuse to any commuter, and if he does the same - at least 20 people gather! In Delhi the scene is quite opposite, hired drivers (Ace or Cabbies) drive in their own way (lane cutting, honking, no indicators, park anywhere) but are the first one to be thrashed (and sadly, beaten up) in case of an accident. Bikers are fast but apologetic and calm in case of a crash. Car drivers drive sensibly but are the first to argue unnecessarily even for a small impact. Auto drivers will keep driving (they hardly brake) no matter what - even in tight jams, they will let the Auto roll inch by inch and not brake or wait. Bus drivers - well, I don't want to start a debate but in one sentence - They are not at all sensible enough to drive such large vehicles. They will honk like crazy and cut lanes, bully smaller vehicles on the road almost all the time.

These Ace drivers are often village people (+ not the owners of their vehicles) and drive as if they own the road. What I would have done was somehow noted their registration number and thrashed the owner for compensation and medical expenses (if any) later. People (and I confess that me too sometimes) ignore such happenings on the road and move on! Why - because there is no need to unnecessarily indulge in a fight if you can safely move on. Taking your side, if no one else is supporting, would mean taking that same punch in the stomach - this is what I think.
Old 15th September 2015, 11:29   #276
BHPian

Quote:
Some days back before while driving through Saki Naka, a Tata Ace randomly comes out of a lane at super speeds and I just pass by from his right, while passing it pisses him off ...... incident was a final nail in the coffin.
It's extremely sad what happened to you. These days people driving vehicles seem to be waiting for an opportunity to vent out their anger and satisfy their ego. I see this every single day while driving here in my city.

In India the guy with the higher/ stronger contacts is safer and you cannot do anything about it. That is the bitter truth.
Shanksta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2015, 12:17   #277
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Without even warning the driver gets out and punches me SO HARD in the stomach
I am at loss of words for what happened to you mate. This is assault and you should have approached the cops with the Ace details. Sad to know that the bystanders remain the bystanders and they will continue to do so unless they become a victim.

Its always the first mover who gets away with the crime, unfortunately no one sympathizes with the victim.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2015, 12:37   #278
BHPian

Guys,

Anyone who is reading this, please join and learn basic self defence skills, just attend a few weeks training in either of MMA, Boxing or Karate, etc and you will be good to go.

Let me tell you, it just takes one magical shot to knock anyone down and that anyone can even be a 20 year professionally trained boxer.

Please join and learn basic self defence skills, in no time you will realize the world of change in your confidence levels, and this will help you irrespective of whether you are in India or abroad.

I'm sorry to hear that Humyum, join a self defence training program to regain your confidence back.
CliffHanger is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th September 2015, 13:41   #279
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Some days back before while driving through Saki Naka, a Tata Ace randomly comes out of a lane at super speeds and I just pass by from his right, while passing it pisses him off that I did not stop to let him through, he touches the rear side of my car. I AM FURIOUS. Who plays dashing cars in today's times. I stop right there and get out to check the damage.

His exact words 'Rok diya hota toh yeh nahi hota tera gaadi ke saath'.

I am so angry I retort back 'Tum rocket ke jaisa aaya, rokneka time kidhar diya and fir upar se thok ke shaanpatti karta hai'

Without even warning the driver gets out and punches me SO HARD in the stomach, I am dazed with everything around just going round. I cannot feel my feet or head and vision becomes blurry.

I found myself that day FINALLY, I have decided to leave India for good in some months. This and a lot of other incidents over 2 years have made me detest this place to no end, Lawlessness is epic here.This incident was a final nail in the coffin.
Feel very sorry about this incident. Mumbai traffic is usually patient and tolerant unlike Pune traffic.

Good for you that you decide to run out of YOUR country under some pretext. How about US citizens picking up guns and killing kids in schools and universities. How about maniacs killing people in Malls in these countries. How about the racist police assaulting Indians like us. How about Australians treating you like unwanted immigrants and stabbing you, kicking you and punching you.
How about a German acting way badly than the ACE seeing an indian driving a car.

"GRASS is always GREENER on the OTHER side" Sir !!!
amit_mechengg is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th September 2015, 14:02   #280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post
Guys,

Anyone who is reading this, please join and learn basic self defence skills, just attend a few weeks training in either of MMA, Boxing or Karate, etc and you will be good to go.

Let me tell you, it just takes one magical shot to knock anyone down and that anyone can even be a 20 year professionally trained boxer.

Please join and learn basic self defence skills, in no time you will realize the world of change in your confidence levels, and this will help you irrespective of whether you are in India or abroad.

I'm sorry to hear that Humyum, join a self defence training program to regain your confidence back.
Exactly. Learning basic defence techniques to dodge and attack can save you in such situations. Even if you don't have time for MMA or boxing, being regular at the gym also brings the much needed confidence and strength.

One lesson to be learnt is to judge the behaviour (and state) of the opponent before jumping straight in from of him. If he looks like an angry (or dangerous) person, better stay protected inside your car.

On a light note, growing long beard and wearing typical 'goon' type glasses (black aviators with gold rim) also helps to scare these people!
Old 15th September 2015, 15:11   #281
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry to hear about your trouble. On many occasions I have simply shut myself in my car facing aggressive auto/cab driver, in fact I completely let go and ignored a cabbie who touched his front bumper in my almost new XUV more than three years ago, causing dent in rear left side.
Metal and plastic part can be repaired and replaced shortly but it taken quite long to nurse a bruised ego/self respect.

Good luck with moving abroad, not sure if that's a sure shot way out of similar trouble. One of my colleague faced drunk hooligans on his second day in Coventry, UK and was beaten black n blue for no fault.
Similar unprovoked incidents in other parts of world are not very uncommon, so just don't think that it happens only in India.
Acharya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th September 2015, 21:03   #282
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What!? This is something I didn't see anywhere in India. In India, you hurl an abuse to any commuter, and if he does the same - at least 20 people gather! In Delhi the scene is quite opposite, hired drivers (Ace or Cabbies) drive in their own way (lane cutting, honking, no indicators, park anywhere) but are the first one to be thrashed (and sadly, beaten up) in case of an accident. Bikers are fast but apologetic and calm in case of a crash. Car drivers drive sensibly but are the first to argue unnecessarily even for a small impact. Auto drivers will keep driving (they hardly brake) no matter what - even in tight jams, they will let the Auto roll inch by inch and not brake or wait. Bus drivers - well, I don't want to start a debate but in one sentence - They are not at all sensible enough to drive such large vehicles. They will honk like crazy and cut lanes, bully smaller vehicles on the road almost all the time.

These Ace drivers are often village people (+ not the owners of their vehicles) and drive as if they own the road. What I would have done was somehow noted their registration number and thrashed the owner for compensation and medical expenses (if any) later. People (and I confess that me too sometimes) ignore such happenings on the road and move on! Why - because there is no need to unnecessarily indulge in a fight if you can safely move on. Taking your side, if no one else is supporting, would mean taking that same punch in the stomach - this is what I think.
Most People in Mumbai gather to watch, most don't interfere. A girl died some months back new Jogeshwari link road because it was a hit and run and no one bothered to even take her to the hospital nor note down the car number. I did not note down the number because my head was spinning otherwise I am not really the kind to let anything ever pass. I remember the lane he came out from and I remember their faces, one of these weekends I shall pay a visit with my friends if my resolve remains.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksta View Post
It's extremely sad what happened to you. These days people driving vehicles seem to be waiting for an opportunity to vent out their anger and satisfy their ego. I see this every single day while driving here in my city.

In India the guy with the higher/ stronger contacts is safer and you cannot do anything about it. That is the bitter truth.
Very true. From getting a job to crook getting away, everyone runs on contacts here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
I am at loss of words for what happened to you mate. This is assault and you should have approached the cops with the Ace details. Sad to know that the bystanders remain the bystanders and they will continue to do so unless they become a victim.

Its always the first mover who gets away with the crime, unfortunately no one sympathizes with the victim.
I would have, but I had my head spin around, teeth feeling cold and everything just numb after the hit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post
Guys,

This is on my to do list asap. I found some in Ghatkopar and I am going to join them soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
Feel very sorry about this incident. Mumbai traffic is usually patient and tolerant unlike Pune traffic.

Good for you that you decide to run out of YOUR country under some pretext. How about US citizens picking up guns and killing kids in schools and universities. How about maniacs killing people in Malls in these countries. How about the racist police assaulting Indians like us. How about Australians treating you like unwanted immigrants and stabbing you, kicking you and punching you.
How about a German acting way badly than the ACE seeing an indian driving a car.

"GRASS is always GREENER on the OTHER side" Sir !!!
Its not only about this, there are a lot of other things too which have added up to my decision. Someday I hope to write down the entire story here and tell the entire tale. Its not running, its just going some where I feel I can have a better life and environment to my liking, what's wrong in that ? I was born in India by just a co incidence as all of us were born into our families, place, religion etc etc, when we have an option to change something which is not to our liking, why not ?

Quote:

On a light note, growing long beard and wearing typical 'goon' type glasses (black aviators with gold rim) also helps to scare these people!
Now this sounds like a good idea too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acharya View Post
Sorry to hear about your trouble. On many occasions I have simply shut myself in my car facing aggressive auto/cab driver, in fact I completely let go and ignored a cabbie who touched his front bumper in my almost new XUV more than three years ago, causing dent in rear left side.
Metal and plastic part can be repaired and replaced shortly but it taken quite long to nurse a bruised ego/self respect.

Good luck with moving abroad, not sure if that's a sure shot way out of similar trouble. One of my colleague faced drunk hooligans on his second day in Coventry, UK and was beaten black n blue for no fault.
Similar unprovoked incidents in other parts of world are not very uncommon, so just don't think that it happens only in India.
I have lived in Coventry for 3 years, studied at Coventry university for my BE and MBA, yes, such incidents have happened in Coventry with some of my friends but the authorities have been brilliant in seeing justice is served, that's what I liked.

Last edited by humyum : 15th September 2015 at 21:05.
humyum is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th September 2015, 21:07   #283
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Good call, mate.
I moved out 3 years ago. I was done with the daily trials and tribulations of being a common man just trying to get through the day, earning an honest income and not getting yelled at, abused or ridiculed for being an outsider in my "own" country.
I doubt going to the police would have given you any relief. It would have probably left you feeling even more helpless because the cops would also have most likely asked you to let it go and just get on with your life.
amitoj is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th September 2015, 11:34   #284
BHPian

This happened on last Saturday evening. Since my XCD 125 is dead, I've to go to office along with my father on his Passion Plus. On Saturday, we had heavy rains for about 40 minutes. On one busy road, as always, a lot of large puddles of water had formed, since that road has lot of uneven surfaces. I was driving the bike, and to my left was one such puddle. To my right was an elderly couple on their Pleasure. Now suddenly these 3 guys come on their Hero Honda CD Deluxe (the 100cc mafia bike) in speed and pass through the puddle leaving a big splash of water on the faces of me, my father and the couple. After some distance they slowed down as a signal was approaching and as cops were present on all sides. I knew this and accelerated hard to reach the guys. I took my bike exactly next to theirs and punched the rider hard on his temple. All of them were taken aback by this. I got down from my bike, caught the rider by his collar and handed over to the cops and narrated them the incident. I also told the cops that I have noted the number of their bike and will be filing a case against the guys. Meanwhile, the couple had also started cursing the guys. Seeing that the situation was not favoring them, the 3 guys started pleading guilty. I told the cops that they can file whatever case they want to, however if I encounter any such incident in the future, I will first do the needful and then approach the law.
Old 16th September 2015, 11:41   #285
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swapnil4585 View Post
, however if I encounter any such incident in the future, I will first do the needful and then approach the law.
You sound youngish. This is not advisable. Please don't do this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks