Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2006, 13:34   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotusking
But what do you do to all those two wheelers who overtake and then cut across right in the front so closely that we inevitably have to brake.
get yourself a really powerfull set of Horns (may be twin Nautilus horns mounted below the bumper or somewhere the sound is not muffled) and then blow it just when the two wheeler cuts across...... you have one problem though.... you might run over the 2 Wheeler if he jumps in shock !!!
Old 23rd March 2006, 16:19   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilver
get yourself a really powerfull set of Horns (may be twin Nautilus horns mounted below the bumper or somewhere the sound is not muffled) and then blow it just when the two wheeler cuts across...... you have one problem though.... you might run over the 2 Wheeler if he jumps in shock !!!
Oh I am willing to take that chance... buggers... I would love to see these buggers jump. I hate it when they all of a sudden cut across from the wrong side thus taking you in by surprise and then all of a sudden brake to make matters even more complicated.

So twin Nautilus it is, is it? How much do they cost?
Old 23rd March 2006, 16:31   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aZa
The cost of the Dent + Paint + teflon or worse Part replacement or physical injury! is never worth that short 30Sec adrenaline rush. I learnt this when i purchased my car with my own money.
You bet buddy...I used to drive my dad's Alto like crazy in Delhi...to get the " rush" - 3-4 yrs back.....

But since I bought my own car with my own money - i have become a much more relaxed & sedate driver...

The thought & cost of Dent+ painting - blown from my hard earned money is a big enough deterrent
Old 23rd March 2006, 16:35   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo
Oh I am willing to take that chance... buggers... I would love to see these buggers jump. I hate it when they all of a sudden cut across from the wrong side thus taking you in by surprise and then all of a sudden brake to make matters even more complicated.

So twin Nautilus it is, is it? How much do they cost?
Not sure about the exact rates, but last time I checked, they were around 400 each. You actually need just one as having two might drain your batteries sooner.... get in touch with KB100 as he got them fitted in his car last week.... Sorry I am
Old 23rd March 2006, 17:11   #20
BHPian

Quote:
You bet buddy...I used to drive my dad's Alto like crazy in Delhi...to get the " rush" - 3-4 yrs back.....

But since I bought my own car with my own money - i have become a much more relaxed & sedate driver...
I keep my road rage under control (most of the time) for this very reason......That day I wonder wht came over me....
You really never know when the red tailed devil can and will take control of your senses :(
Old 23rd March 2006, 19:43   #21
BHPian

hi abhi

road rage is a problem which affects me too!!very often!!like you most of the times even i am a relaxed driver(in fact even if i get a decent stretch,i love more to cruise rather than speed)but there are certain times when my temper flood-gates just open up!!usually its when some car fellow comes behind me and unnecessarily honks,irritating me in the process!neither can he overtake nor will he allow me to drive in peace.another category is the private buses we have in kerala and the tipper-lorry fellows-they never give space for overtaking.i rarely get annoyed by bikers-like steeroid said they have smaller machines and can weave through traffic much better than us.also they can accelerate quickly to close small gaps.
i once had a similar experience that quicksilver had to say-i was on duty and when i had come out for lunch i got a call from a casualty.the hotel was slightly far off and while coming to hospital another idiot thought it was best time for a race!!i almost killed him that day(at least i wanted to!!)anyway after that even i usually let people go if they want to-you never know if they may be going fast for an emergency
Old 23rd March 2006, 21:53   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi182
I keep my road rage under control (most of the time) for this very reason......That day I wonder wht came over me....
You really never know when the red tailed devil can and will take control of your senses :(
Don't feel too bad dude.. it was probably a bad day for both the biker and you.. Hopefully, he is doing alright now..
Old 23rd March 2006, 23:27   #23
Senior - BHPian

One case where I got REALLY angry (actually two instants):

I was approaching a flyover when this bloody unmentionable was trying to take a U turn AT THE BASE OF THE FLYOVER AND THIS IS AFTER SUDDENLY BRAKING FROM 40.
Because of my sunny's small wheels and primitive brakes, i skidded to a halt in a pendulum fashion, and threw some nice curses at that blighter.

In an another case in the same place, I was approaching the flyover, when a bike coming down the flyover suddenly crossed over to the worng lane, and exited the flyover on the worng lane and then took a U turn and wrnt straight on!!! Another emergency stop, more anger.
Old 4th August 2008, 13:32   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi182 View Post
Barely 2 seconds later , he went crashing into a road divider which suddenly emerged frm nowhere...
Oh Sweet God!! That divider seems to the one where I crashed my Indica!!! (Foto: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introd...i-chennai.html)

The Median was not there the previous day, and I heard that it was removed the next day - after a few accidents (including mine!) happened. And it was no median - it was a bunch of huge unmarked concrete blocks thrown in the middle of the road!!!

There seemed to be another guy lying in the bed in ICU in Malar Hospital who crashed a bike in the same median. This was in July 2005...
Old 4th August 2008, 21:40   #25
Senior - BHPian

I think its a common issue these days, increase in traffic and insane drivers/riders have added to it!

i makes sure that i start my day properly a good jog, meditate for sometime this helps me to be calm....so atleast i reach my destination i can control
Old 16th August 2008, 04:23   #26
BHPian

Road rage hits me quite often. Mostly its because of other motorists trying to cut into my lane without indication.

Another thing that irritates me is when you're at the front waiting for the lights to change to green, and some biker squeezes between your car and the next, takes a slight turn and parks himself right in front of you. And when the lights turn green he accelerates away so slowly that you feel he's on a sunday morning drive from the old age home to the funeral home!

But nothing is as bad as some genius (2,3 or 4-wheeler) in the extreme right lane ambling along at 40kph. In my book, unless you're going faster than everyone else, or you're behind another car, you dont deserve to be in the fast lane (especially on a highway with 3 or more lanes)
Old 17th August 2008, 10:14   #27
Senior - BHPian

I experience this everyday on my way back home on the NH8 expressway at Delhi/Gurgaon. Several morons drive at a sedate 40 kmph in their 800s, Altos, Esteems etc., on the extreme right side of the road. This results in zig-zagging by the high speed vehicles often resulting in near misses. Sometimes I wish I had a Gun turret of a tank on my bonnet so that I can simply lift these jerks and plop on the left side of the road...

Quote:
Originally Posted by theEnd View Post
Road rage hits me quite often. But nothing is as bad as some genius (2,3 or 4-wheeler) in the extreme right lane ambling along at 40kph. In my book, unless you're going faster than everyone else, or you're behind another car, you dont deserve to be in the fast lane (especially on a highway with 3 or more lanes)
Old 17th August 2008, 12:31   #28
Team-BHP Support

I hate lane cutters.
Be it in traffic or in a parking area or at a ticket counter.
I hate it.

Last week I was getting the air in my bike checked up.
This guy in his verna cuts thru and bring his car beside my bike.
There are atleast 3 cars waiting behind me.

But this guy decided to honk at me to get me to move.

Unfortunately his puny horn is no match for my Roots Vibrosonics.
He had his window down.
Well lets just say that I gave him a little bit of tranquility. So that he could think about why what he did wrong. He could not have heard anything for the next few minutes.
Old 17th August 2008, 13:19   #29
BHPian

guys i would like to ask a question what if a two wheeler won't leave a way for a four wheeler desperately what would you do?

Bad words
ram the guy
fist fight
or
cool your nerves and drive slow.
Old 20th August 2008, 14:46   #30
BHPian

I used to be a short tempered driver who could be easily irritated. My friends used to call me "Short Fuse" then. After some yoga practices I have learnt to control my temper and accept these irritants to a great extent.

I have at least two nasty ones to confess about from my "Short Fuse" days.
1. There were two kids on a bike who drew up next to me at a traffic signal but couldn't go ahead as my RVM was in their way. One of them knocked on my window and when I opened, ordered me to fold it in (Yov! Mirrora madakku - naanga poga venam? translates to fold ypur mirror, don't you see we have to go). I kept quiet and started rolling up my window. This guy then proceeds to fold it himself and shouts some obscenities. I got fired up and just then the lights changed. I gave them a chase up to the next signal but they managed to squeeze ahead only to be halted by the red light again. when the lights changed again, I honked my way through and caught up with them with my horns blaring. The kids were sort of scared now and tried to shake me off by taking a sudden turn. I still didn't give up but took the turn in the last minute scaring others and gave them a chase till they vanished into a lane which my car couldn't enter. The whole chase happened at around 6.00 PM but left me fuming and fretting for the next 1/2 hour.
2. The second was when a girl cut into my lane and scratched the bumper of my swift and did not bother to even stop. I had no intention of picking up a quarrel but when I saw her at the next signal next to me I thought I will just tell her that what she did was not right. To that she said it was I who hit her and started calling me names. I ended up chasing her for the next 1km and cornered her near a police station. Just as I was complaining to the cop who came up to enquire why I was chasing her, she scooted off. I cooled down only when the cop patiently pointed out that I could have caused an accident and if that had happened I would have been in trouble.

Looking back at these incidents now, I realize how stupid I was with my road rage. Thank god nothing untoward happened. I do shout at an occasional moron but quickly calm down and move on these days.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks