Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2006, 08:51   #1
BHPian

A Joy Ride To Lonavala and back.

Hey guys,
I just want to tell you about a bikers trip that my colleagues from CONVERGYS (Thane) and I made to Lonavala and back yesterday.
There were 32 people and 18 bikes. They included 2 KARIZMAS, 1 new Pulsar 180 DTS-i (which I was riding), 2 Hero Honda Passions, 1 TVS Victor, 1 TVS Star City and all the others were PUlsar 150s. Babe_on_wheels (Bhargavi) from TEAM-BHP was riding pillion with me. Though the trip was just 250 kms. we still had a lot of fun.
15 bikes started off at 7 o'clock from Vashi, and took the Palm Beach road, where we really let our bikes loose. I managed to clock 110 kmph and stormed through the pack, as I started last. We stopped at the McDonalds in Kalamboli where the rest of the 3 joined us. Then we again stopped at Datta snacks in Panvel, filled a little bit of our stomachs and started riding. Until the winding and twisty roads, at least 7 bikes would always stay together. Of course, since my friends and I owned the most powerful bikes in the group, if we were overtaken by mnay bikes, we would just nod at each other and just storm through all of them again.
Then we reached the twisting ghats section. Well, that's where the 180 really showed it's capability. Even with a pillion, I had no problems in climbing by holding the tighest line in a curve and then going wide on the road (since it is a one way road). I could beat most solo riders on those roads, and it was great fun. Then we stopped connected to the Expressway bit, and that's where we opened the throttle again. We stopped for 5 minutes, where my friend and I swapped bikes, and I hopped onto the Karizma. Bhargavi still sat behind me and we clocked 120 kmph. We had an absolute blast, reached Lonavala, and then stopped at a dhaba to have some food...played guitar, frreaked out...blah blah. We then went to Karla caves, and half the guys huffed and puffed and lost their steam by the time they reached the top.
Then it was time to go home....as it was 5 o'clock. The Karizma fellows and I waited back and had some refreshments while al the others moved on. Then we caught up with them.
Two of our guys on a Pulsar 150 had an accident and went of the road. They received bad bruises and burns. Apaarently the rider had not seen a big stone on the road and lost control. The front ferring, mudguard, headlight, forks, all were damaged. We fixed him up, removed the mudguard, and I tested the bike to see whether it was still in riding condition, and responded affirmative. So 1 fellow rode that bike back home, while those 2 guys sat in the lone car with us. Then we all rode back, generally together.
There was this part of the empty road, where some "COOL" guy was riding with his chick, and seeing us all together started getting between us and then ahead of us. Again. the 3 of us just looked at each other and started off. The 2 Karizmas zoomed right through from either side of him, while I stayed barely 1 mt. from his rear wheel and would do whatever he did (shows I am a big ROSSI fan). He gave up and motioned me to pass, which is when I opened the throttle. The 180 cc engine screamed in 3rd gear,and told him whose boss.
Then we all reached Vashi, with the guy who was riding the damaged back by about 8:15 pm. Followinh which we moved off home, after saying bye.
Though this was not my first long distance trip on a bike, it was the 1st time I rode with so many bike, and trust me, I could see they were all good riders (the way they took turns, and used their rear view mirrors). Truly guys, bikes get me pumping. Looking forward to doing it or maybe even furthur again...Thank you.
Old 26th March 2006, 08:58   #2
BHPian

Yeah...this was my first long distance ( I mean outside Mumbai) bike trip. And I really liked the responsive of the 180 DTS-i when the throttle was opened. Contrary to the belief that Pulsars do not handle well, and think the 180 behaved like a toy in the hands of a child.
This was the fastest speed ever on a bike I touched as pillion also (120kmph.). Hope you TEAM BHP guys can break that record soon.
However, the Karizma had me absolutely floored. What a bike, what an engine, what comfort for the pillion, what looks, and what speed. I had a grand time, and have decided that the ZMA is the bike to buy. So dad .

But Vishal, I still prefer your Fiero F2 to the 180 as far as illion comfort and feel is concerned. I know the latter is more powerful, but somehow I like the former.
Anyway...I had lots of fun and was b****y exhausted. I will post photographs of the trip soon. Cheers.
Old 27th March 2006, 11:25   #3
BANNED

All Talk and no pix... tsk tsk tsk
Old 27th March 2006, 12:02   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2L8uLoose
All Talk and no pix... tsk tsk tsk
You are right on the issue mate. Where are the pictures biking duo?
Old 28th March 2006, 10:39   #5
BANNED

102 view's and only 4 posts.. not including the thread starter... come on people post some pix or this thread DIES!
Old 28th March 2006, 14:53   #6
BHPian

Is it really about 'mine is faster than yours'? ha?
I clocked this and flew past that??? That aint what biking in a pack is about!!!! It really aint..........

Quote:
where some "COOL" guy was riding with his chick, and seeing us all together started getting between us and then ahead of us. Again. the 3 of us just looked at each other and started off. The 2 Karizmas zoomed right through from either side of him, while I stayed barely 1 mt. from his rear wheel and would do whatever he did
It would've been easier to have ignored him!!!
Old 28th March 2006, 16:38   #7
BHPian

Patience...my fellow BHPians...the dude who is supposed to give me pics is constantly postponing it...Just gimme a coupla days to the max...
Old 28th March 2006, 16:43   #8
Senior - BHPian

Woow, that looked like a wonderful trip for you guys. So you took the old Mumbai Pune highway to Lonavala as bikes arenot permitted on the expressway. Anywayz post some pics ASAP. Its already two days late you see. And some vids if possible.

CHeers
Old 28th March 2006, 17:22   #9
BHPian

Well i'm sure u must have a had a great trip to lonavala. i had a gala time when i went to lonavala to celebrate the new year. drove from mumbai dead in dark @ 4:30 AM and reached lonavala hills near amby Vally before the sun rise and enjoyed it.

But what u had must have been a great exp with 30 people thats a huge group. Me too planning a trip on this weekend but its gonna be a overnight stay with a gang of some 15 people.
Old 28th March 2006, 19:00   #10
BHPian

Alright guys...here are the photographs...

Edmund....it aint possible for 15 bikes to ride together all the time...
Besides...most of these guys had never ridden in a group before, and also, this was one of those times when we decided that some would cruise and others would zoom and we all would meet up at a certain point....Anyway...I ain't arguing...maybe we were wrong...u just look at the photos and tell me if you liked them...

That's me with my back to the cam, and the gal is Bhargavi...

The latter half of us...

All of us just outside the Dhaba...there was no place to get the bikes and the car...the guy kneeling in the unbottened red shirt is me, and the tall gal is babe_on_wheels.

Chilling out with the guitar and some beer...

At Karla Caves...the climb had every one panting, and...

Getting ready to leave...some bikes(including mine) could not be captured in the photograph...

I thought we had clicked snaps of only the bikes and ghats as well...Wel that didn't happen...
This was our 1st bit of photography...will try doing a genuine automobili photoshoot the next time round...

Cheers,
Old 29th March 2006, 13:41   #11
Senior - BHPian

It seems like Vishal has finally given in and posted pictures . Great report of the outing as well. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun

Last edited by Dippy : 29th March 2006 at 13:46.
Old 29th March 2006, 13:45   #12
BANNED

cool pics dude....!!
Old 31st March 2006, 20:02   #13
BHPian

More photos here...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks