Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2012, 12:34   #1
BHPian

My Ford Figo rammed from behind by a police jeep!

Hi, I purchased my Figo more than a year ago. It has run 10,000 Kms without being getting damaged or scratched what so ever. But today it happened. I was going towards Nishatganj driving at a normal speed as the road was very busy. Suddenly I felt a strong jerk and screeching sound of tyres. My car came to a hault perpendicular to the road. After getting out I realised that a Police Mahindra Jeep banged my car from behind. It was a horrible sight. The rear glass was shattered to pieces. Bumper was severely damaged and the tail light was also shattered. Now day after tomorrow I will know the exact repair cost. Here are the pictures that I clicked. Please excuse quality as they were clicked from my mobile.

My Ford Figo rammed from behind by a police jeep!-img148.jpg

My Ford Figo rammed from behind by a police jeep!-img149.jpg

My Ford Figo rammed from behind by a police jeep!-img150.jpg

My Ford Figo rammed from behind by a police jeep!-img151.jpg

My Ford Figo rammed from behind by a police jeep!-img152.jpg

My Ford Figo rammed from behind by a police jeep!-img153.jpg

My Ford Figo rammed from behind by a police jeep!-img154.jpg

My Ford Figo rammed from behind by a police jeep!-img155.jpg

My Ford Figo rammed from behind by a police jeep!-img156.jpg

My Ford Figo rammed from behind by a police jeep!-img157.jpg

My Ford Figo rammed from behind by a police jeep!-img158.jpg

Last edited by Technocrat : 5th March 2012 at 21:14.
HappyRoadie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2012, 13:59   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: My new Ford Figo ZXI diesel

HappyRoadie I think the roads of Lucknow have been anything but Happy towards you :(

First a Bus and now a Cop ?? What are these Jeeps built from..Cavelar?? Look at that Jeep without as much as a scratch and your Figo is all Beaten up.

Hope you and your family(if were travelling along) are safe and nothing really happened to any of you.

Please drive Safe though I presume neither incidents were your faults.
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2012, 15:05   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
HappyRoadie I think the roads of Lucknow have been anything but Happy towards you :(

First a Bus and now a Cop ?? What are these Jeeps built from..Cavelar?? Look at that Jeep without as much as a scratch and your Figo is all Beaten up.

Hope you and your family(if were travelling along) are safe and nothing really happened to any of you.

Please drive Safe though I presume neither incidents were your faults.

It was not my fault. Was going and suddenly bang and all I could hear was tyres screeching and then my car came to a hault perpendicular to the road. The driver said that his jeeps brake had failed. Dont know what is the total cost.
Old 5th March 2012, 19:26   #4
Senior - BHPian

re: My Ford Figo rammed from behind by a police jeep!

gosh, thats bad.

Considering it was the cops, how did you get out of the situation ? The cops wont be paying for the damage.

I guess, your pocket expenses would be 10-15 k, rest would be covered by Insurance.
Old 5th March 2012, 19:37   #5
Senior - BHPian

Are you claiming insurance?

Since car is just one year old, depreciation should not be too bad on plastic parts like rear Break-Light cluster and body panels. Real glass should be covered 100%.
Old 5th March 2012, 19:43   #6
mgh
BHPian

Pl also check whether there is any cut on the concerned tyre.
mgh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2012, 20:10   #7
BHPian

That's Terrible. The rear windscreen is no more, the tail lamp cluster broken, rear bumper ripped off, rear fender smashed. All of these would require a change and paint. The fuel filling cap is missing too. May be the pipe would also have been damaged.

Get all the repairs done @ ford service center and use the insurance. Damage is more due to sharp and hard front surface of the Jeep.
Old 5th March 2012, 20:11   #8
Senior - BHPian

The cops never pay up, forget paying up they dont even register a complaint or a FIR against their own vehicle. All they would possibly do is give some certificate of sorts to get insurance cover (i vaguely remember that), as long time ago my sisters scooter was banged from behind by a police jeep. They took care of her injuries but never registered the complaint against their own vehicle. They just did enough to enable her to claim insurance.

Do keep up posted on how the things progress in your case.
Old 5th March 2012, 20:16   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

what caused the jerk and you stopping?

anyway,you may be covered for glass, and maybe metal to some degree.
whats gonna pinch is the bumper(if replaced).
tail light cluster.
AND the fuel pipe too, i am quit sure.
And i know the interior plumbing on fords is exorbitant!
sorry about this man....
Old 5th March 2012, 20:25   #10
Senior - BHPian

Oh man! I can feel your pain.

What happened after the crash? What did you do/say, what did the cops do/say? Are you going the insurance route? Did you have one of those 0% depreciation policies? Any idea what speed the cop was doing when he rear-ended you?

Going by the damage, looks like you will be "car-less" for a while. The D-pillar has deformed a bit, although I can't say whether it is only the skin or whether there is damage deeper down in the chassis. I would recommend that, once the car is in the garage, get a Ford engineer to assess the damage.
Old 5th March 2012, 21:35   #11
Senior - BHPian

Damn it.. Thats a horrible crash, wonder if anything happened to the jeep at all. I am eager to know what was the action rather reaction of the police after this. Did they apologise and got the complaint lodged or just drove off in that brake less Jeep.
BTW this seems to have happened just in front of the Hindustan Times building, from which i suspect a case of Sultangunj chowki.
Old 5th March 2012, 21:36   #12
BHPian

The driver of the Jeep said that the brakes of his jeep had failed. But I took two police officials with me to the workshop. Whole hatch door has to be changed, Tail lights, Maybe the rear door, bumper, the place in the boot where spare tyre is kept has also suffered little damage. Complete cost will be told to me in few days. But it was really scary. And that jeep suffered only bent bumper. Luckily no one was injured. It will take almost a month to repair the car.
Old 5th March 2012, 21:42   #13
BHPian

That is so very sad to see. I can feel how one feels when such a thing happens. However, for formality sake did you go and lodge an FIR? For sure the insurance guys will ask for one while you put up the claim.

Also let us know about the cost of repairs with the breakup of the bigger ones. Hope to see you back soon.
Old 5th March 2012, 21:44   #14
Senior - BHPian

Very sorry to know @ the accident HappyRoadie. Indeed it feels very bad when you have to bear the brunt for no fault of yours & that too for a car, which is hardly a year old. Thank your stars that there is no damage to the occupants. Hope you will get your car back very soon in the same condition after all the repairs. Please keep us posted on this thread.
Old 6th March 2012, 01:44   #15
Senior - BHPian

Oh man, sad to see your steed in that condition. Anyway, I guess the one good thing of the police being involved in the accident is that they should give you all the relevant documents (FIR etc) to get insurance to cover the repairs. Hopefully they can convince insurance to cover it 100%.

The hardest part will be a month without a vehicle.

Do keep us updated. Glad that nobody was injured though.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks