Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2012, 23:20   #1
BHPian

My poor hellhound (Honda Civic) is hurt :(

I was just a victim of a hit and run with an indica with no headlights in the dark.
I was turning right and he came from the opposite direction on the wrong side of the road.
I didn't even see it coming as the that side of the road was on the shade side of a tree, thus streetlights were useless.
The car was gone by the time I realized what happened and looked around.

The poor thing is not even 6 months old and already injured :(

Can someone please guide me further on this?
I have Honda assure zero dep insurance.
Attached Thumbnails
My poor hellhound (Honda Civic) is hurt :(-image2256877101.jpg  

My poor hellhound (Honda Civic) is hurt :(-image2722781383.jpg  

My poor hellhound (Honda Civic) is hurt :(-image1127557758.jpg  

My poor hellhound (Honda Civic) is hurt :(-image1496255395.jpg  

My poor hellhound (Honda Civic) is hurt :(-image669170989.jpg  

My poor hellhound (Honda Civic) is hurt :(-image1635489061.jpg  

My poor hellhound (Honda Civic) is hurt :(-image1337759144.jpg  

My poor hellhound (Honda Civic) is hurt :(-image1805488096.jpg  

My poor hellhound (Honda Civic) is hurt :(-image1806240175.jpg  

Last edited by mjumrani : 8th March 2012 at 23:23.
Old 8th March 2012, 23:31   #2
BHPian

re: My poor hellhound (Honda Civic) is hurt :(

I think its a simple rubbing job, nothing too big, rest i cant make out from the close up pictures.
Old 8th March 2012, 23:42   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Dont worry, nothing major! Do check up with your A$$ whether you will need a re-painting! As said, it could be a rubbing job.

Mods, thread belongs to "accidents in India" or "street experiences" ?
Old 8th March 2012, 23:51   #4
BHPian

I see the main dent pic is missing. My bad.

I doubt rubbing will make the scratches go away fully. It covers the whole length of the body.
Attached Thumbnails
My poor hellhound (Honda Civic) is hurt :(-image3969341126.jpg  

My poor hellhound (Honda Civic) is hurt :(-image1611140266.jpg  

Old 8th March 2012, 23:56   #5
Senior - BHPian

I had a similar experience - someone scratched and dented my car when it was parked, and ran away.

The insurance process is very easy in such cases, and A$$ will be able to restore your hellhound to its past glorious self. I had absolutely no problems whatsoever with insurance, job was done to my satisfaction, and the car door looked as good as new.

While I know you will be feeling quite heartbroken at having your car violated in this manner, it can be easily fixed. Looks like a minor paint job to me.

Last edited by KiloAlpha : 8th March 2012 at 23:59.
Old 8th March 2012, 23:56   #6
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to know about the accident. What you could do is, use a rubbing compound like Meguiars ScratchX 2.0 cost Rs. 799 with a Meguiars foam applicator pad for Rs. 199 and work on those scratches. If the primer is not exposed than those scratches and abrasives can be easily be taken care of, otherwise you would need to get that part repainted.
Old 8th March 2012, 23:56   #7
Senior - BHPian

@mjumrani - My sympathies with what happened to your pride and joy.

It looks like you might be lucky and be able to get away with a rubbing job, but otherwise you might need to do a minor tinkering and painting job.

Obviously a white indica by the looks of the photos.
Old 9th March 2012, 00:47   #8
Senior - BHPian

please post the whole car in a daylight picture and we may be able to tell you better.

you see the thing is, if the scratches are caused by the paint of the indica sticking on your car and hasnt smothered your car's paint, then take it to any local paint shop they will rub it right out, but if you paint is scratched and if there are dents then definitely you need a good paint job mate.

i have been doing this every now and then on my cars for quite some time now so i know, it all depends on the nature of the damage mate. Good Luck.
Old 9th March 2012, 03:18   #9
BHPian

Re: My poor hellhound (Honda Civic) is hurt :(

Man idiots like these on the road get me so irritated, I truly feel for you mate. Agree with the above, although the latest pic you posted makes it look like you will need a re-paint job as rubbing may just not quite be enough. Also from the 2nd pic it looks like the side wall of your tyre may be damaged, difficult to see with the lighting. Please get it checked, as the last thing you want is another incident because of your tyre bursting. Fortunate the rims didnt get too badly scuffed as I dont think your insurance would cover them.
Old 9th March 2012, 04:42   #10
Senior - BHPian

I still do not see any major dent, only scratches and slight dent, and plastic parts having scratched. Do the scratches run from front to back (i.e. full side)?

Sure this looks a huge eyesore and hurts bad but trust me it wont take too much to get this fixed.

We get such folks all over and in every city, sometimes i try to preempt them. Even after all the care my Civic got scratched and when i took it to Whitefield Honda they gave an estimate of 3k which i will get done soon.
Old 9th March 2012, 08:22   #11
dot
Senior - BHPian

Deepest sympathies.

It looks like all these panels will need a rubbing + paint job. Since you have zero dep insurance, go for it and repair your beauty. You cant go around with these scars. It should take a week for the garage/A.S.S. to give the car back to you in pristine condition.
Old 9th March 2012, 08:42   #12
Senior - BHPian

That's real sad to see your beauty being hurt like this.

As a first hand measure try to clean the scratched out panels with a clean soft cloth soaked in diesel. This will remove all the that indica's white paint that is sticking on to your car. Please don't rub it hard.

After that please post a long shot of the affected side in day light so that the real damage can be assessed.

IMO... if the damage is too little... claiming insurance would not make economic sense. Moreover i think your zero dep. insurance will have a cap on the no. of times you can avail of the benefit.

Hope to see your beauty back in shape soon!
Old 9th March 2012, 09:46   #13
BANNED

Honda charges about Rs.4000 per panel, so you are looking at Rs.8000 (less if it is non-insurance). So whether losing / loading your NCB is worth it is a matter worth considering. I also keep a Rs.5000 exclusion which reduces my Premium by Rs.1500, so I would not claim.
Old 9th March 2012, 09:56   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Most of those swipe marks can be removed by a good rubbing job. Check with a good car body shop - rather than the A.S.S for this work. Only deep marks - such as in the first and last photographs, need body work to remove.

More than these, it appears that your tyre has had a sidewall damage- from the pic. Please verify and dispose this tyre if needed.
Old 9th March 2012, 10:04   #15
Senior - BHPian

I would suggest to go to local denting and painting shop who does its job with quality. This is not much and they will remove all these marks within 5K.

If you go to A S S of Honda they will charge you more irrespective of damage severity. But there is no harm to get the quote from them and try to negotiate without insurance claim and full settlement by cash.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks