Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2006, 18:45   #1
Senior - BHPian

Want to learn

In chennai traffic, i get into a situation where i could not stall the car in perfect row during traffic jam as the vehicles parked already were in zig zag situation. After few seconds lots of other vehicles gets behind me.If the traffic doesn't move, situation gets worse when most of them try to get into the gaps as much as possible (i.e two wheelers, autos, load vans etc).

The traffic starts to move slowly & i get pissed off when i see my rear view mirror as other vehicles were very very close to my car.

I get tensed & my mind says press the windows down to pull back the side mirrors inside. It got hit twice in traffic by the vehicle trying to move forward through the LHS. And all the times the back portion of the other vehicle damaged my mirror, where I dont have any room to adjust my position.

Hence my concentration goes a lot on the rear view mirror & I really dont get the balancing act when to stop the car or move the car without the other vehicle rubs the sides of my car.

I will try to putin your thoughts and advice when I face a similar situation next time
Old 30th March 2006, 21:32   #2
BHPian

I always choose a root which has minimum traffic even it is more longer than the short root with traffic.
Old 30th March 2006, 21:58   #3
BHPian

well... the best way to avoid something like this is to stick to either side of the white line in your lane. And dont try getting next to the car in front of you by cutting, especially in slow moving traffic. That kind of fighting to get closer to the traffic light or filling in the gaps of traffic always inevitably leads to the situation you've mentioned. And if you have gotten yourself into such a spot, the 1st thing you should do is try straightening your car out once the person in front of you gives you a little space.

Godspeed.

Alok.

Most Viewed