Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2006, 01:31   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzin_hornets
hey guys..sorry for the misleading title..but it did grab ur attention, didnt it??? .. as busa said i saw it at four seasons..didnt get ne info abt it.. i will get some info once i go there again on tuesday..

~cheers + drive safely guys..this was jus another reminder!
-Ash
waiting for the info here.. i really wanna know how this happened..
Old 1st May 2006, 16:34   #17
BHPian

hey sorry guys, i havent got the info yet cuz i havent gone back to 4 seasons..
Old 6th May 2006, 15:25   #18
BHPian

i kno the guy hu's car it is...a frnds frnd....not sure wat happened.... i'll ask
Old 6th May 2006, 15:39   #19
BHPian

Oh, thats really bad.... I dont know if anyone has noticed, but its the Ikon which is involved in majorityof such accidents. Cant really figure out why. Is it that its got too much power or lack of braking ability (which I doubt very much) or just something unexplained !!!
Or sheerly co-incidence???
Old 7th May 2006, 10:15   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by autozealot
Is it that its got too much power or lack of braking ability (which I doubt very much)
Hey autozealot,

So you i can figure that you have never driven an ikon!

The ikon has the WORST brakes. Really terrible.

cya
R
Old 7th May 2006, 10:22   #21
BHPian

Don't scare me,I have recently bought an Ikon Flair..
anyway,I don't drive at such high speeds..so,I hope it won't be a problem for me...
Can you elaborate what you mean by bad brakes ? what exactly is wrong ??
One thing I must mention is that FORD Ikon sells like crazy...In Pune , I can see many many FORD IKON's on the road....
Old 7th May 2006, 10:27   #22
BHPian

Its a hype...

Quote:
Originally Posted by autozealot
Oh, thats really bad.... I dont know if anyone has noticed, but its the Ikon which is involved in majorityof such accidents. Cant really figure out why. Is it that its got too much power or lack of braking ability (which I doubt very much) or just something unexplained !!!
Or sheerly co-incidence???
I think there are many such vehicles which are involved in such accidents ! The FORD got hyped due to one such previous accident...
I have to defend as I recently purchased a FORD Ikon
Old 7th May 2006, 10:41   #23
BHPian

I have an Ikon 1.6 and my thoughts are that its braking distance may not be all that great but the main thing is that the driver needs to know the limits of the car and their own driving abilities. Never push those limits under the influence of drugs/alcohol or on roads that have a whole bunch of traffic or construction going on. Its not just an Ikon that will crash but any car even the most "safe" cars in the world can have a fatal crash if there is a moron behind the wheel who doesnt know what the limits of the car are, or who is DUI.

I have been able to get out of several situations where I had to panic stop (vehicles jumping out of side roads/stopping suddenly without brake lites and lots more) ...maintaining a manageable speed and being alert was all that was required ... the brakes are more than adequate then. One cannot expect to be doing triple digit speeds and be able to stop within a couple of feet ....one has to account for 150-200 feet of distance in front of the car to be able to stop safely. Dont over speed when there are other vehicles on the road ...staying within the speed limits for cities and highways ! And of course enjoy the power of the Ikon responsibly :-).
Old 7th May 2006, 11:05   #24
BHPian

sjcherian , Very well Said.......
I would rather say that relying blindly on the brakes and doing very high speeds without anticipation is dangerous....and could lead to such fatal accidents...Better Late than Never !
Old 7th May 2006, 12:48   #25
Team-BHP Support

Nitinhedge,

Firstly, i should have clarified that i was only mentioning about the ikons brakes, and not agreeing with the theory of "more ikons crash than anything else".

Secondly, the ikons i speak of were the first "generation", before the nxt and the flair etc.
The brakes were bad in the sense that it felt just like brake fade even when the car hadnt been pushed much.
I have been trying to find out if this problem was fixed, or if there were any changes to the braking system in the flair etc but have not come across any concrete information.

Drive safe and drive smart, and its shouldnt be a problem.
cya
R
Old 7th May 2006, 12:56   #26
BHPian

Braking is only a part of the discussion. All said and done, its the driver who should know the capabilities of a machine. Never stretch your luck too far.
Old 8th May 2006, 16:08   #27
BHPian

In most of the situations, presence of mind and skill should be able enough to get one out of a tough ask...! All I am trying to say is that the Ikon has a decent set up of brakes. I really havent come across any situation with 25000 Kms of city / highway driving. If possible, try to use engine braking whenever in a tight spot.. it surely does help !
Old 8th May 2006, 16:26   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan
Nitinhedge,

The brakes were bad in the sense that it felt just like brake fade even when the car hadnt been pushed much.
I
Thanks Rehaan for clarifying...but I am not really getting you...Can you elaborate - what you mean by the Brakes fade even when the car hadnt been pushed much?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks