Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2012, 21:58   #16
BHPian

Re: Beware of Petrol Thefts from Your Bikes Parked at Delhi Metro Stations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
I am thinking of all those poor fellows who save money by traveling in crazy Delhi metro and park their bikes in parking lots and these people stole many liters of petrol everyday! No value of someone's hard earned money, Really shameful!

Guys be careful while parking your bike at any metro station/parking lots etc. Is there any way by which I can prevent such theft in future?
The parking contractor at the Rithala metro station is Rajkumar Khanna & sons with mobile number 9810109914. Call him and narrate the incident. Also tell him that you are going to file a 'written complaint' with Delhi metro. And see his reaction. You have to be calm while calling and filing the compalint.

I would also suggest you to please drop a written complaint in control room of Rithala metro station and get an acknowledgement of the same. Such incidents shall not go un-noticed. I know that this was just 1-2 litres of petrol and this action is not going to give your petrol back but still you shall raise your voice and trust me you will get a call from a senior person, on your contact number (provided in the written complaint) and he will tell you about the action taken on your report.

Also as suggested by others, please get a lock installed for future safety.

Cheers!
Irish
Irish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2012, 07:08   #17
Senior - BHPian

hold on, if you dont get a petrol lock that fits karizma you can do this, i dint get one that suit my apache so i did this he he....

yeaph its effective alright, and it totally discouraged my apartment watchman from stealing the petrol from my bike, i dont know how useful it will be in your case.

i purchased a meter of cooking gas pipe and two Stainless steel tighteners and fixed it up real tight and since then no issuses...

here are the pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Beware of Petrol Thefts from Your Bikes Parked at Delhi Metro Stations!-641.jpg  

Beware of Petrol Thefts from Your Bikes Parked at Delhi Metro Stations!-643.jpg  

rider60 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2012, 07:56   #18
BHPian

It doesn't take long for a determined fellow to get a spanner ( To remove the petrol tap), screw driver ( to remove the brackets) and a cutter ( to cut the hose)

In my opinion, this kind of theft can never be avoided et all ! It is just plain luck not to get stolen for petrol.
nandans2005 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2012, 13:54   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
I stand corrected. I didn't read your post properly.

My cousin has experienced this petrol theft in bangalore railway station 3 times.Infact once,they had not plugged the fuel line back properly because of which the tank was almost empty with fuel dripping in the parking lot!

I can vouch for satellite station.Its pretty safe for parking!
Hi ,

It is the first time I will be using the Mysore Satellite bus stand.I was planning to park my bike on Friday evening and pick it up on Monday morning when I return from Kerala.Wanted to find out

a) Is there overnight parking facility for bikes
b) You have mentioned it is safe is it covered or open parking
Old 3rd July 2013, 17:31   #20
BHPian

Posting in an old thread because this happened to me today. Around two litres of fuel were stolen from my Pulsar 150 while I had it parked in the Big Bazar parking lot here in Dhanbad. These parking guys are always ready with their portable printers asking for 10 rupees as parking charges, while they have a beautiful board painted, 'PARK AT YOUR OWN RISK'.
Old 3rd July 2013, 18:09   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyan_k10 View Post
Posting in an old thread because this happened to me today. Around two litres of fuel were stolen from my Pulsar 150 while I had it parked in the Big Bazar parking lot here in Dhanbad. These parking guys are always ready with their portable printers asking for 10 rupees as parking charges, while they have a beautiful board painted, 'PARK AT YOUR OWN RISK'.
That is right Shreyan. I fail to understand that when we pay for the parking, why should they be exempt from all responsibilities. I am sure that coupons printed with 'park on your own risk' & similar jargons don't mean anything in themselves, but would like to know that what is the LEGAL implication say, when a vehicle is stolen from such parking lots? Aren't the people managing those lots responsible?

BTW, good to see a newbie from Dhanbad as there is not too much of representation on Teambhp from this area. Welcome!

Regards,
Saket
Old 3rd July 2013, 18:55   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
That is right Shreyan. I fail to understand that when we pay for the parking, why should they be exempt from all responsibilities.
===========
BTW, good to see a newbie from Dhanbad as there is not too much of representation on Teambhp from this area. Welcome!

Regards,
Saket
I agree, that's a great concern. And yes it was very pleasant to know there's someone from Ranchi. Hope we get to see more number of bhpians from this area. Can't PM you right now as I still have not completed 25 posts.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks