Team-BHP - Greater Noida Expressway - Death trap !!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Street Experiences (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/)
-   -   Greater Noida Expressway - Death trap !! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/12090-greater-noida-expressway-death-trap-2.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ram
You're right, moralfibre!
Particularly as the Mumbai-Pune expressway is so short.

I agree Ram. I feel street lights are a safety package if offered but it will sure get tad expensive to light up the entire 96 kms of expressway. One small cause of night time accidents is getting blinded by the oncoming 100/90W high beam lights of cars with senseless drivers. The Mum-PNQ expressway does have some trees dividing the two directions of the road but it still gets blinding sometimes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by moralfibre
Have they lit up the expressway with street lights all through? If they have then thats one good safety feature they have which Mumbai-Pune expressway lacks.

I think they have street lights. I guess.

The greater noida expressway is fully lighted but considering the vague electricity supply as Noida and Greater Noida come in U.P. At times parts of the expressway are covered in darkness.

Yes, the expressway is extremely well lit and well designed. They have six taveras also which do patrolling to check crime and stop truckers coming the wrong way(its can be an extra 40kms since there is no U turn and trucks are known to wrong side even for saving 10 meters).
But what the expressway lacks is stupidity detectors. Until those come in nothings gonna improve

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979
But what the expressway lacks is stupidity detectors. Until those come in nothings gonna improve

Amen to that! I get to enjoy the expressway regularly and get to see some amazingly stupid stuff. Most common ones:
Car doing 40 kmph in the fast (right-most) lane with the right indicator still blinking
Driving without lights
Vehicles driving in opposite direction or reversing
Tractor with trailor doing a 3 point turn across all 3 lanes
Stopping car in the middle lane for whatever reason
Villager moving his herd of buffalos across 6 lanes

Gears,
Red-One.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979
Yes, the expressway is extremely well lit and well designed. They have six taveras also which do patrolling to check crime and stop truckers coming the wrong way(its can be an extra 40kms since there is no U turn and trucks are known to wrong side even for saving 10 meters).

How about just putting in speed guns/ cameras & putting a speed limit of 60kmph.. & fining the people accordingly..

the life of 1 person is more valuable than the adrenalin rush of 1 lakh foolish drivers !

people need to be heavily fined for things apart from speeding
1. no use of side mirrors(if any)
2.wildly cuttin through traffic
3.stopping wherever and whenever you please
4.non-functional/broken tail lights etc etc

importance of things like this is assumed to be non-existant by alot of drivers on the road,and ignorance towards the same has been esp. 'popularised' by indica/qualis cabbies and immature kids,driving around with their supposedly 'hip' music, with no respect for others on the road,and having the audacity to argue with you when they know they are at fault.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fiero
people need to be heavily fined for things apart from speeding
1. no use of side mirrors(if any)

Hey you can't fine me for that!
I have no tint on my glasses... and I see everything around very clearly.

If one has both side mirrors unfolded ... that doesn't mean he knows how to use them. trust me most people don't even know how to cover the blind spot..... and still using them.. i don't know for what..

Quote:

Originally Posted by paharino1
How about just putting in speed guns/ cameras & putting a speed limit of 60kmph.. & fining the people accordingly..

the life of 1 person is more valuable than the adrenalin rush of 1 lakh foolish drivers !

Buddy... its not the 1 lakh who are foolish.... its the 1 person who died was foolish (provided it happened coz of his speeding)

Indians administrators need to learn how to improve things....
by teaching drivers how to drive... and not by making them crawl on an expressway at 60km/h!

Never make rules that can never be obeyed ... the DND flyway in past had a limit of 60km/h.... and you couldn't find one car below that speed! on an 8 lane PERFECT road.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLK
Hey you can't fine me for that!
I have no tint on my glasses... and I see everything around very clearly.

If one has both side mirrors unfolded ... that doesn't mean he knows how to use them. trust me most people don't even know how to cover the blind spot..... and still using them.. i don't know for what..

you might be very careful,but most people aren't . if people don't know how to cover blind spots,not using side mirrirs only makes things worse.
i'm sure you've seen many people with their side mirrors folded just sticking their arm out and blindly cutting into the next lane even though the car to its right(or left) might be halfway up the length of the blind fool's car.

i don't think speed kills,without stupidity ... but with the lack of road sense in people here,speed does increase the risk of an accident.