Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2006, 13:52   #1
BANNED

John Abraham Crashes (2006)

Heard on the news this morning that John Abraham had a minor accident on his bike riding in Bombay last night... now the scroll bar on the news channel says he's OUT OF DANGER and was discharged from Lilavati Hospital... if it was a MINOR accident like they say.. what danger was he in and why was he taken to Hospital?
anyone got any news on this?
Old 9th April 2006, 13:59   #2
BHPian

whren u can afford to take those machines to the race tracks , then why the hell u make the streets your road track . John can easily go to a race track to speed up his bike or even make his personal race track for his purpose
Old 9th April 2006, 14:06   #3
BANNED

Garvit.. without meaning to sound rude.. I started this thread to find out what HAPPENED. to John. not for people's opinions on where and how you should ride the machine that you have.. so lets just stick to the subject matter shall we?
After making a few calls have heard that apparently he went to overtake a cyclist and went into him.. and thats as far as I have heard..
Old 9th April 2006, 14:17   #4
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Well i do agree with 2l8 .. At times its just human nature to think a person who has a mean machine would be ripping it apart on normal roads too ( i have experience this myself ) .. This might not be true in all cases ... Accidents do happen even if ur at standstill or driving at speeds of even 40 km/hr .. So terming this as an accident due to John's adrenaline is not fair ..

I hope he is fine and recovers real soon ..
Old 9th April 2006, 14:26   #5
Senior - BHPian

Was just watching the news

Apparently his bike hit three boys and knocked them down. Joh is still in hospital and its said that he has a fracture in the leg. Its also said that he will be arrested after being discharged from hospital. It seems Johns friends threatened the injured boys not to report the correct situation to the cops
Old 9th April 2006, 14:26   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2L8uLoose
After making a few calls have heard that apparently he went to overtake a cyclist and went into him.. and thats as far as I have heard..
He ran into a cyclist!! Hows the cyclist!!? Gettin hit by a Busa' is no joke
Old 9th April 2006, 14:32   #7
Senior - BHPian

karthik

The bike involved was not the Busa but a grey Yamaha R1 which I think is given to him by Yamaha Motorcycle Co.
Old 9th April 2006, 15:19   #8
Senior - BHPian

hmm, this is news!!! Well, at least he didnt kill the poor chaps he hit.....
Old 9th April 2006, 15:22   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by islero
hmm, this is news!!! Well, at least he didnt kill the poor chaps he hit.....
The cyclist would have been like..'WOW John ran into me!!'

Good that atleast he was driving slow, people with SBK's are tempted to go atleast a bit fast and if John had gonefast, the cyclist would have been history. 90%chances are that the people would take him to the hospital asap than the cyclist
Old 9th April 2006, 15:29   #10
BHPian

How is it so easy to pass jusgement without having an inkling of the facts or story.
He could have been hit by someone for all you know

I had frined who had a crash Just outside his house gate when on a superbikr, they guy had barely left the house. It wasnt his fault at all, he turned out of the gate and someone ran him into the divider.

And Tracks arent like exactly mushrooming all over the place
Give me track in Bombay and i'll promise to take out all my pent up speed frustration out there, but there aint no track, so...............................

Quote:
Originally Posted by garvit2002
whren u can afford to take those machines to the race tracks , then why the hell u make the streets your road track . John can easily go to a race track to speed up his bike or even make his personal race track for his purpose
Old 9th April 2006, 15:59   #11
BANNED

I agree.. being a slight speed freak and biker too I understand that urge to open up the throttle given the opportunity.
Revv.. agreed there are no tracks in Bombay for us to vent our frustration of not being able to use the power we have in our machines..
Heard on the news that he was riding in Khar, somwhere near 17th road, thats what the the news channels said.. I have no clue.. could members in khar confirm.. without his lights and apparently didn't see these 2 guys on a cycle..and kablamo... the rest as they say is history.
Let me just say here that I DO NOT BELIEVE EVERYTHING THAT I HEAR ON THE NEWS.. knowing their penchant for stretching the fact's to such an extent that everything borders on the virge of being SENSATIONAL!
Old 9th April 2006, 16:33   #12
Ram
Senior - BHPian

Rediff says, he went to Lilavati hospital, Bandra for an X-ray and was admitted there.
Old 9th April 2006, 18:27   #13
Senior - BHPian

This is what rediff reports:

Quote:
the motorbike skidded while avoiding a pedestrian crossing the road in suburban Khar, police sources said.
Quote:
Meanwhile, police has registered a case of negligent driving against the actor.
Now I am sure that this pedestrian was like 99.99% of Indian pedestrains i.e. a Jaywalker who decided to cross the road at a point he fancied instead of walking to the next traffic lights and using the zebra crossing, if it was still visible on the road! I don't get this. In trying to avoid hitting someone, John skidded off his bike, hurt himself and to top it has a case of negligent driving registered against him! The pedestrain in question was not hurt at all. So how about registereing a case of jaywalking against the pedestrain?

What kind of twisted law is this?

Last edited by amit : 9th April 2006 at 18:28.
Old 9th April 2006, 18:46   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The bike involved was not the Busa but a grey Yamaha R1
He has a Yamaha R6 I guess, which was given to him by Yamaha.

Quote:
The cyclist would have been like..'WOW John ran into me!!'
"WOW John ran into me........hmmmmm how do I extort money out of him now?!"
Old 9th April 2006, 19:02   #15
BHPian

ok 2l8uloose following your advise and being on topic now

i saw the news on television it showed that the bike was in the name of a yamaha dealer in faridabad (haryana) and it was given to john by the dealer as john is the brand ambassador ........
the police says that they will arrest john but still if no major injuries were done to the cyclists then why they are going to arrrest him??
secondly, if john's friends try to force the cyclists to change their statement then police cud have stopped them to do so but still their statement is at their own will and there is no case on john

Most Viewed