Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2006, 16:22   #61
Team-BHP Support

I have a feeling, that, even if the injured party dosen't wan't to press charges, our most efficient police force sees to it that a case is lodged. I'm sure, lots of members will agree with me.
Old 11th April 2006, 16:29   #62
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
I agree with R.Tech about this part.
From the reports it appears that the cyclist was coming on wrong side of the road. And there were two people on the cycle which is against the law.
They are not injured, its john who got injured while trying to save them.

So now for saving them he has to be arrested?!
Only in India. On one hand this happens, on the other hand some Nanda kid ran down 3 or 4 pedestrians some years back in a BMW or something and was let off.

Let alone that that kid virtually got away with murder; did anyone question how Mr. Nanda happened to own such an expensive car? Soruce of Income/Funds?
Old 11th April 2006, 16:39   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya
I have a feeling, that, even if the injured party dosen't wan't to press charges, our most efficient police force sees to it that a case is lodged. I'm sure, lots of members will agree with me.
The law can cut both ways. Being rich and famous can either get you off (even if you kill someone) or get you into big trouble for a relatively minor offence.
Old 11th April 2006, 16:49   #64
BHPian

Now thing should answer the question of where he got the bike from
http://www.xbhp.com/articles/welcomejohn/page1.php
chao
Old 11th April 2006, 23:38   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya
One of the big reasons could be that the police are out to capitalise on the incident to proove to the public that they at least make an effort to ensure that the rich and famous are treated equally under the law.
Old 11th April 2006, 23:50   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
Only in India. On one hand this happens, on the other hand some Nanda kid ran down 3 or 4 pedestrians some years back in a BMW or something and was let off.

Let alone that that kid virtually got away with murder; did anyone question how Mr. Nanda happened to own such an expensive car? Soruce of Income/Funds?
Admiral SM Nanda's grandson. Must have been a rather crooked member of the Indian Navy. If I remember, his name was always bandied about during defence deals of dubious provenance.

Thing is, JA is not really influential. Just slightly famous, a lower-rung actor. He's no politician/IAS/IPS/forces bigshot. Soft target for the (bloody) cops.
Old 11th April 2006, 23:59   #67
Senior - BHPian

Just like to add:

It must suck to be JA. Do the right thing, ruin your bloody expensive bike to save a couple of idiots coming down the wrong way on a street that the city didn't care to light properly. Take them to hospital on your own, being injured all the while. Then get lambasted in our rent-a-paper media by a bunch of idiots who are out to make up stories, and to top it off, get arrested.

And now someone will say "so what, he can afford another bike." But from what I know, he seems to be a real biker, not Salman Khan. He saved up to buy an export spec Bullet when he wasn't very rich.

On the other hand, I'm very happy Salman Khan is going to jail. I hope he gets a 'hero's welcome' from the inmates. Stupid little chimpanzee.
Old 12th April 2006, 00:41   #68
Senior - BHPian

Sorry for cluttering this thread, but I just saw sinner's post...how do you claim any superbike to be the world's fastest? And why doesn't someone who takes the trouble to rubber-print a t-shirt get his or her grammar right?
Old 12th April 2006, 02:06   #69
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2L8uLoose
Unfortunately Yes it is, and the reason is SO STUPID it borders on insanity.
IF your vehicle, be it a car or a bike has DRL's, a MILLION people will yell at you on the street.. "boss light chalu hai" or things of that nature.
To avoid this the "importers" put a killswitch on the handlebar to turn the DRL's off..
Aaah.... I see, I now remember signalling others for running lights. But, that was a decade ago. I guess thats the same reasoning followed by american and japanese car makers in india.

On second thought, the hundreds of people walking on the side of the roads in busy areas, probably can live without powerful headlamps (Xenon types) glaring right into their eyes.
-Prasadee
Old 12th April 2006, 02:26   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
Thing is, JA is not really influential. Just slightly famous, a lower-rung actor. He's no politician/IAS/IPS/forces bigshot. Soft target for the (bloody) cops.
I totally agree with v1p3r... this is the BOTTOM LINE of this entire post.
Old 12th April 2006, 12:24   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
On the other hand, I'm very happy Salman Khan is going to jail. I hope he gets a 'hero's welcome' from the inmates. Stupid little chimpanzee.
Unlike JA, who came across as a mature guy for his age, SK was more like on a perpetual adrenalin high. Today's paper has it that he has a murder convict for company in his cell, got the regular jail breakfast (roasted gram & raw sugar) and odomos to keep the mosquitos away.
BTW, what happened to that DUI offense of his where his SUV killed people sleeping on the pavement - no news of that for a long time ?
Old 12th April 2006, 13:39   #72
Senior - BHPian

About navins post I totally agree with him. JA is a perfect gentleman and humble chap. he has no attitude at all. I remember the time he had come to shoot for a movie "Taxi 9211" in my building. He obliged each and everyone of the little kids, ladies and fans out there. Picked up babies played with residents dogs and even took everyone inside his make up van that includes my mom and cousin sister whos a die hard fan. It really pisses me off to see why hes being made a scapegoat.

P.S : Why is this topic shifting to Salman? Lets get back to the JA accident please
Dippy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2006, 14:07   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry for cluttering this thread, but I just saw sinner's post...how do you claim any superbike to be the world's fastest? And why doesn't someone who takes the trouble to rubber-print a t-shirt get his or her grammar right?
Err the last I knew R1 was the fastest litre bike(correct me if am wrong). Busa, 12R & MV Augusta do not come under superbike category. What grammer mistake ?

Sorry for goin OT mods :|
Old 12th April 2006, 14:31   #74
Senior - BHPian

If I am right, the grammar mistake is the missing "the" in the sentence,
"You are following ___ world's fastest superbike!"

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 12th April 2006 at 14:32.
Old 12th April 2006, 14:43   #75
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
...MV Augusta do not come under superbike category.
Excuse me? OT, but what logic are you using for that?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks