Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2006, 15:50   #16
BHPian

I agree with you RT very well said bro
Old 11th April 2006, 16:49   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeps
So you just sped off after giving up on educating the cops?
I could either sit there arguing for hours with those morons, and run the risk of them finding some nigling fault with my bike and maybe even siezing it, or end it there and move off.

I chose the latter option. But I made sure to keep my light on. Lets see if the same guys are at the same place today.
Old 11th April 2006, 16:52   #18
Senior - BHPian

when on a 2 lane road with on coming traffic i always keep my parking lites and my fog lamps on ....
Old 11th April 2006, 17:06   #19
BHPian

How come they did not pester you about your bike papers and other stuff like that ?
U're lucky to have got away after arguing with that cop.
These pandus are real jerks.
Someone needs to teach them a lesson.
Why don't they have cameras in each jeep like they have abroad to record the entire episode ?!
That way 75% of the corruption will have to stop.

BTW, the front indicators of my bike come on the moment I switch the ignition on. And there is no way to turn it off.
This is a standard regulation for bikes in most Western countries.
Old 11th April 2006, 17:12   #20
Senior - BHPian

There is a legislation which requires the headlight of these superbikes to be on always so that they can be spotted from a distance and "they cannot be turned off"..... and the headlight is the high beam one, so there is no way that headlights on johns bike be off at the time he was riding.
Little said about our traffic police the better.
Old 11th April 2006, 17:32   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikefreak
How come they did not pester you about your bike papers and other stuff like that ?
My papers are perfect. But I was a bit a worried that they may make some fuss about something or another, thats why I didn't argue too much and left.

Quote:
BTW, the front indicators of my bike come on the moment I switch the ignition on. And there is no way to turn it off.
This is a standard regulation for bikes in most Western countries.
Yes, its the same for my bike as well. Front indicators are always on.
Old 11th April 2006, 17:42   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
Yes, its the same for my bike as well. Front indicators are always on.
can sum one throw more light on this ...i did not understand
Old 11th April 2006, 18:04   #23
Team-BHP Support

I've said it before and I'll say it again. All our government run organisations should be scrapped and reinvented.
Ever seen how these morons stop cars for overspeeding?
The speedgun records the speed of the car. A message is relayed to bunch of cops standing about 60m ahead. Then, one of the guys stands right in the middle of the road blowing his whistle while signalking to the driver to stop. The driver of the car, which is doing over 60km/h, sees this bozo in his way and brakes hard. The cars behind him have no time to react to this "sudden brake" situation and many times a pile up results.
Old 11th April 2006, 18:58   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Someone needs to teach them a lesson.
Why don't they have cameras in each jeep like they have abroad to record the entire episode ?!
That way 75% of the corruption will have to stop.
then positions for monitoring would go for a higher value than a posting in bandra, as they would make moneyout of their colleagues

instead pay them well so that they don't need to seek any sort of bribe.

manson.
Old 11th April 2006, 20:40   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya
I've said it before and I'll say it again. All our government run organisations should be scrapped and reinvented.
Ever seen how these morons stop cars for overspeeding?
The speedgun records the speed of the car. A message is relayed to bunch of cops standing about 60m ahead. Then, one of the guys stands right in the middle of the road blowing his whistle while signalking to the driver to stop. The driver of the car, which is doing over 60km/h, sees this bozo in his way and brakes hard. The cars behind him have no time to react to this "sudden brake" situation and many times a pile up results.
In Pune last week they were using speed guns near Symbiosis collage.
This is one of very few roads which is smooth, wider & is downhill
Guess what?
Everyone going above 30 was fined.
Nothing can be expected from these ________(be creative)
Old 11th April 2006, 20:42   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson
instead pay them well so that they don't need to seek any sort of bribe.

manson.
Dude do you seriously think that is possible?
We are talking about greedy people here who have no self respect, moral values & are pretty much useless.
Old 11th April 2006, 20:49   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adya33
We are talking about greedy people here who have no self respect, moral values & are pretty much useless.
Aditya, I really think you (and many others on the forum) are stretching it way too far. Don't generalize it for entire police force just for few rotten apples in the basket. We all wouldn't be sleeping peacefully at our homes, if they were so useless. Go to Bihar and see the kind of jungle raj they have there in absence of police. I personally have had couple of bad incidents with police, but I also have come across few helpful ones. You probably will realize why they behave in certain fashion, if you step in their shoes for a day and meet all sorts of morons in our society.

And before preaching police, let's also remember that we are the ones who OFFER 50-100 bucks for jumping signals, not having PUCs or driving licenses. We are the ones, who speed up to 150+ in our fancy cars when the speed limit clearly says 80.
Old 11th April 2006, 20:57   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135
Aditya, I really think you (and many others on the forum) are stretching it way too far. Don't generalize it for entire police force just for few rotten apples in the basket. We all wouldn't be sleeping peacefully at our homes, if they were so useless. Go to Bihar and see the kind of jungle raj they have there in absence of police. I personally have had couple of bad incidents with police, but I also have come across few helpful ones. You probably will realize why they behave in certain fashion, if you step in their shoes for a day and meet all sorts of morons in our society.

And before preaching police, let's also remember that we are the ones who OFFER 50-100 bucks for jumping signals, not having PUCs or driving licenses. We are the ones, who speed up to 150+ in our fancy cars when the speed limit clearly says 80.
There are always couple of good ones in rotten place.
As for behaving, that is why they are being paid. Its their duty.
As for sleeping peacefully, you gotta be kidding. With the amount of robberies happening in pune do you seriously think we are leaving peacefully?

And for bribing, can be argued till no end. I don't want to open can of worm.
Old 11th April 2006, 21:13   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adya33
There are always couple of good ones in rotten place.
As for behaving, that is why they are being paid. Its their duty.
As for sleeping peacefully, you gotta be kidding. With the amount of robberies happening in pune do you seriously think we are leaving peacefully?
To each his own. People realize how difficult it is only when they step in someone else's shoes.

Talking of duty, when the whole society is corrupt, why talk only of police? These guys get paid some 3K-4K per month, do continuous duties of 12-18hours or even couple of days at stretch (Ganesh festival, elections). They dont get holidays for months or years. They get trashed by politicians, public and even their families. However inefficient it is, their whole system works and produces some results. I wouldn't discard them like you do, since I know their value. But again as I said, to each his own.
Old 11th April 2006, 22:58   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135
To each his own. People realize how difficult it is only when they step in someone else's shoes.

Talking of duty, when the whole society is corrupt, why talk only of police? These guys get paid some 3K-4K per month, do continuous duties of 12-18hours or even couple of days at stretch (Ganesh festival, elections). They dont get holidays for months or years. They get trashed by politicians, public and even their families. However inefficient it is, their whole system works and produces some results. I wouldn't discard them like you do, since I know their value. But again as I said, to each his own.
Like I said I don't want to open can of worms.
We have gone enough off-topic. Lets get back to topic.

Today evening at around 7PM I was outside doing some work & from the looks of it it is perfectly fine to use lights at that time.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks