Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2006, 01:40   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
Trust me, after all the crap I’ve been through after my accident, I’m getting to a point that I may even resort to a rang-de-basanti on these guys!
Count me in, I'm getting sick and tired of these retards. They seem to have a collective IQ of a peanut. No amount of logical reasoning seems to get into their head. They just keep going on and on about something that has no relevence to a situation. Now, how is my long hair supposed to say anything about my riding?

And these morons who cause the damn accident, the way they react when a cop talks in their favor, they act as if he is backed by the Heavenly Father Himself.

I have met a few sensible cops who do have a head over their shoulders but again a cop mentality is never far away. Money or nothing gets done.
Old 12th April 2006, 01:54   #32
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather
not necessarily... you can turn them off..
None of the bikes (Suzuki GS500, Honda CBR600, Honda VFR 800) I have had in the US have the option of turning the headlights off. Its either low beam or highbeam. You turn on the ignition, the light comes on, and stays on.
Old 12th April 2006, 03:08   #33
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135
Don't generalize it for entire police force just for few rotten apples in the basket. We all wouldn't be sleeping peacefully at our homes, if they were so useless. Go to Bihar and see the kind of jungle raj they have there in absence of police. I personally have had couple of bad incidents with police, but I also have come across few helpful ones. You probably will realize why they behave in certain fashion, if you step in their shoes for a day and meet all sorts of morons in our society.

And before preaching police, let's also remember that we are the ones who OFFER 50-100 bucks for jumping signals, not having PUCs or driving licenses. We are the ones, who speed up to 150+ in our fancy cars when the speed limit clearly says 80.
RX135,

I totally agree with you.
It takes two hands to clap. If people didnt pay the bribes, they wouldnt be the norm and that would end some of the corruption. However, its also difficult for a single Mr. X to go against the tide and refuse to grease palms to get something done, but that is due to the standard procedure of bribing. The question is should Mr. X blame the corrupt officials, or should he blame every other person who agrees to bribe the officials?

All things have their way of working, but what i do not like is when people have the holier than thou attitude and blame others for problems that they themselves have helped in creating. However, if they have never fueled the corruption themselves, then they are perfectly entitled to criticize it, staying away from huge generalizations though.

cya
R
Old 12th April 2006, 07:15   #34
Senior - BHPian

Rtech, you were stopped because you were riding a fancy bike. If you were riding a Hero Honda Splendour, you could have gone and stood in front of those cops without a helmet and with hawai chappels instead of shoes and they wouldn't have bothered you! This just shows where the priority of our officers in authority lie. Every alternate biker rides without helmets and with hawai chappels and it doesn't bother the cops. These cops should be asked what constitutes unsafe driving/riding. The answers, I am sure, will be pretty hilarious.

I am not surpirsed that the cops behaved the way they did. I have seen Honda City's, Accents and other premium cars being driven with no headlights or parking lights at 9.30PM at NIGHT!

During monsoons I switch on the headlights of my car if it's cloudy or even if it's drizzling. I had countless number of 'good' samaritans frantically gesticulating to me that my headlights are on that after some time it wasn't even funny. Reading your expereince, I would say I was really lucky that I was never stopped by cops for driving with lights on in daytime!

Last edited by amit : 12th April 2006 at 07:16.
Old 13th April 2006, 01:18   #35
Team-BHP Support

Infact recently i have noticed quite a few cops riding without helmets themselves. btw, could clicking a few snaps and forwarding to a reputed newspaper start a cop bashing for a while?

manson.
Old 13th April 2006, 04:00   #36
Team-BHP Support

[quote=RX135]We all wouldn't be sleeping peacefully at our homes, /QUOTE]

As much as i agree with mostof the other stuff you've said i have got to mention that cops are as good as crooks in a uniform, and have more than one caused damage rather than protecting anybody.

And about the cops being nice, i did come across a nice example last weekend while i was on my way to the warehouse. I had jumped a signal unintentionally (trust me) (discovered only after the cop told me), surprisingly he let me go without paying a penny, and too without wasting any time.

I think my honest apology did the job here, but that cop surely earned some respect from me.

manson.
Old 13th April 2006, 15:52   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson
And about the cops being nice, i did come across a nice example last weekend while i was on my way to the warehouse. I had jumped a signal unintentionally (trust me) (discovered only after the cop told me), surprisingly he let me go without paying a penny, and too without wasting any time.

I think my honest apology did the job here, but that cop surely earned some respect from me.

manson.
Manson,

I think the cop earned your respect because he let you go , If he would fined you / asked for a bribe , would you have felt the same for him ?

intentionally or unintentionally you broke the light and if the cop (supposedly) asks for a fine doing his duty, he loses respect . Come on mate !
Old 13th April 2006, 16:04   #38
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy
Manson,

I think the cop earned your respect because he let you go , If he would fined you / asked for a bribe , would you have felt the same for him ?

intentionally or unintentionally you broke the light and if the cop (supposedly) asks for a fine doing his duty, he loses respect . Come on mate !
He'd never be in my bad books for sure if he fined me, i'd be alright with that. But if i would have to tip him i'd surely not think much of him.

And apart from fining people all through it wouldn't be against their duty if they let go someone who accepted his fault without even being sure if he had jumped a light. Point of fining someone is to make them realise their mistake which he pretty much did. You don't always have to fine people to make them realise their mistake.

manson.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks