Team-BHP - NH-17 Company Owned Company Operated Petrol Pumps (COCO PPs)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Street Experiences (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/)
-   -   NH-17 Company Owned Company Operated Petrol Pumps (COCO PPs) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/12206-nh-17-company-owned-company-operated-petrol-pumps-coco-pps.html)

Hello,

I am planning to drive down from Mumbai to Kerala and back, through the NH17 for this summer vacation.

Knowing that the quality of fuel can be questionable, I am interested in getting a list of Company Owned Company Operated ( COCO) pumps along this route. I am also advised that Reliance Dhabas are very good stopping points enroute.

I have written to Essar and HP through their email ids available on the web sites, but am yet to receive any answers. The Reliance site has no email ids to write to.

Any ideas where I can lay my hands on this lists.

Venkat

Quote:

Originally Posted by Venkat
Hello,

I am planning to drive down from Mumbai to Kerala and back, through the NH17 for this summer vacation.

Knowing that the quality of fuel can be questionable, I am interested in getting a list of Company Owned Company Operated ( COCO) pumps along this route. I am also advised that Reliance Dhabas are very good stopping points enroute.

I have written to Essar and HP through their email ids available on the web sites, but am yet to receive any answers. The Reliance site has no email ids to write to.

Any ideas where I can lay my hands on this lists.

Venkat

1. Fuel is expensive in Karnataka. This will be your single biggest stretch in terms of length.

2. There is a COCO fuel station (Poor For Sure) in Panaji bang on the highway (before the bridge). Filling up there should normally be able to take you all the way to Kasaragode in Kerala, where you have one more Poor For Sure pump just before the town (and a Reliance bunk too).

3. Alternatively, find a COCO in Madgaon or in any case just before the border to Karnataka.

4. Good fuel pumps are rare in the Konkan areas of Maharashtra and you have to keep your eyes peeled out for the big ones and then figure out if they are coco.

5. If you go to the BP Petro Bonus website they might have a listing of their Poor for Sure pumps.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeroid
1. Fuel is expensive in Karnataka. This will be your single biggest stretch in terms of length.

2. There is a COCO fuel station (Poor For Sure) in Panaji bang on the highway (before the bridge). Filling up there should normally be able to take you all the way to Kasaragode in Kerala, where you have one more Poor For Sure pump just before the town (and a Reliance bunk too).

3. Alternatively, find a COCO in Madgaon or in any case just before the border to Karnataka.

4. Good fuel pumps are rare in the Konkan areas of Maharashtra and you have to keep your eyes peeled out for the big ones and then figure out if they are coco.

5. If you go to the BP Petro Bonus website they might have a listing of their Poor for Sure pumps.

OT ... 'Poor' for sure ... was that intentional?
rl:

Quote:

Originally Posted by agag
OT ... 'Poor' for sure ... was that intentional?
rl:

Yeah...pun intended.

what route are you taking ....you will find a lot of reliance petrol pumps between mumbai and mangalore ..
if you are taking the mumbai-dharwad-ankola-mangalore-kerala route ,the only stretch where you wont find decent petrol pumps is onteh Nh63 from dharwad to ankola...
there are a lot of reliance petrol pumps on the nh4 till dharwad ...once you fill at dharwad u need not worry till you reach the nh17 ....after which you will find a lot of petrol pumps ...

and stay away from all those Power /Speed petrol pumps ....and i havent seen any HP or BPCL petrol pumps accpeting the petrocards/smartcards ...

u will find reliance petrol pumps every 50 kms ...so no worries

drive safe

Thanks everyone.

I know that the Karnataka prices of petrol are really more expensive. From the last time, I also know that folks in border areas drive to Goa and fill up petrol and come back.

So I will not fuelling in Karnataka. After Goa it will be a straight drive to Kerala for the fuel stop.

I was wondering how the Reliance scene is in Kerala. Do they have as many PPs there as in Karnataka.

Venkat

I have seen a few Reliance pumps in village areas in Ernakulam District. Maybe they are there in other districts as well..

There is a Reliance pump on the left side on NH17 as you pass by Udupi, just in case you need it. The petrol there is supposed to be very good.

Quote:

I was wondering how the Reliance scene is in Kerala. Do they have as many PPs there as in Karnataka.

Plenty, but they are usually on the highway in some vague location - probably to save costs on leasing land. I havent seen a single Reliance pump in a town/city in Kerala.

The BP pump (on your left as you approach from Mangalore) about 4 kms before Kasargod is pretty good - I've filled up there on quite a few occassions. You cant miss it because its reasonably big.

Thanks everyone for the PP tips. I am noting them down in my route map at the appropriate locations.

Which brings me to another topic.

How many of you use WIAA route maps for cross country travel?
I have been doing this from a long time and find them very useful. But I got the latest set for my entire trip to Kerala and back and found out that they were not....well....the latest.

Roads have changed and they are still belting out the old ones.

Venkat

Quote:

Thanks everyone.

So I will not fuelling in Karnataka. After Goa it will be a straight drive to Kerala for the fuel stop.

Venkat

after goa the kerala border will be about 350 -400 kms i.e at talapady and i am not sure of the fuel quality there as that place is notorious for adultratde fuel ...
so i advise you to fill in between ...mabbe near udipi...when entering mangalore the IOC petrol pump at Pumpwell circle on teh Nh17 opposite Pentagon Hotel is reliable

Is it safe to assume that no one used WIAA route maps?

Has anyone here heard of route maps?
Has anyone here heard of WIAA? :-)

Venkat

Hi - I am planning to drive from Pune to Maheshvar (MP) from Pune-Ahmednagar-Shirdi-Malegaon route. Any COCO petrol pumps along this route?

Quote:

Originally Posted by kotirajendra (Post 3935941)
Any COCO petrol pumps along this route?

There is one BP COCOO on the LHS of NH 3 on Dhule bypass, while driving from Pune towards Indore.

NH-17 Company Owned Company Operated Petrol Pumps (COCO PPs)-bpcocoodhule.jpg

Rajendra, if you need diesel, just look out for bunks where there are lot of trucks.