Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2012, 17:11   #31
BHPian

Re: Glasgow (UK) -> Goa by road

anjan_c2007, phamilyman and ramkya1 Thank you for for some more leads and encouragment. Ramkya i will take the route mentioned by you as that is what i take everytime i drive to Goa. I think the route on google map may have come by default. I did not pay much attention as once in India, i already know it would be a home run.

I am happy to know that your Dad has survived it. Yes we can plan something for Delhi as i will do anything for the cause. It will be a pleasure to meet you father.

Irish: I planning to go through Chandigarh as i have my house there. I wanted a one night stop over there before i head off for Goa.

Devenashani: I will update my website for my arrivals to Wagha and Mumbai for sure.
Old 4th September 2012, 00:51   #32
VM1
BHPian

Wow! Amazing.
Wish you all the very best for the challenging journey - I would surely be one of the many following your journey.
Old 5th September 2012, 12:15   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigill View Post
I am happy to know that your Dad has survived it. Yes we can plan something for Delhi as i will do anything for the cause. It will be a pleasure to meet you father.
Thanks Inderji for your acceptance. I will make the plan according to your availability at Delhi. I'm closely monitoring your updates. Lioness Club is working for poor people in all over India. It will be our pleasure if we can arrange a short meet with you for this cause. Also it will motivate my dad for his prolonged disease.
Old 5th September 2012, 12:27   #34
BHPian

Firstly hats off.....this is going to be very exciting..please keep us posted ..good luck and god bless..
Old 5th September 2012, 14:01   #35
BHPian

Thankd VM1 and Viper21 for the encouragment.

Shome : I am off to Canada this weekend but should be back on Tuesday. Send me your number and we will have a quick word as how we can take this forward. It be my pleasure if i can do something to motivate your father. I think meeting him will be a motivation for me.
Old 5th September 2012, 14:28   #36
Senior - BHPian

I have been following your thread since you have started it and let me tell you....Firstly it is commendable to even think/plan a trip covering so many countries! I truly appreciate your determination and effort just for this leg!

The next leg of actually implementing the plan is at a completely different level and i wish you luck for the same! I am sure you will succeed and have a lot of fun!

Will track you regularly and will surly look forward to meet you when you are passing Mumbai or may be drive along till Goa!

Congrats & All the best!
Old 5th September 2012, 14:50   #37
BHPian

Re: The BAAP of all trips a drive from UK to India by road

Good luck Inder! Please check if you can get in touch with Gordon May at http://www.overlandtoindia.co.uk/index.html
Old 5th September 2012, 15:00   #38
BHPian

Kaushik,

Thank you for your kind words and for following my thread. I totally agree with you that the thought of doing this journey is one thing, planning another and implementation totally different. I had a thought of doing this for a while but when i first started the discussion on 21st June i had a vision. By 28th i had the website and had decided i would leave for this in exactly 3 months (hence the date of 28th September).

I can tell you it has not been a neasy task as i lost my 2 partners (who backed out) in the first 2 weeks itself. I have been on my own determined to finish what i have started. I think it is my stubborn (sometimes not good ..lol)and determined nature that has helped me carry. The thing with this kind of trip is visas, bureaucracy, the paper work, climatically conditions, political conditions, financials, work side, family support and self motivation all have to fall in place with no room for slippage. I am blessed on all these fronts and the support from my family and friends is amazing. When I speak to people who have suffered or are suffering with cancer, it makes me gives me more strength to carry on. All the suggestions and kind words from friends like yourself are a motivating factor for this trip.

I have decided to write a book at the end of the journey which will have pictures and details if someone else wants to do something similar. I will also be making a documentary which will be put in a single DVD attached as part of the book. I think its time we Indians started exploring the forbidden world. Someone has to open the doors and I am blessed that I am the chosen one. Please keep your thoughts and suggestions coming on my website as well.

Kind regards,

Inder (also known as Indi Shergill in this part of the world)
indigill is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th September 2012, 16:01   #39
BHPian

jusgetgoing : I know Gordon May. he lives in Manchester where i have a house. We spoke couple of time last years and he sent me a signed book of his covering the journey.

I think we do share some part of the route that he tool i.e. Europe and Turkey. After which he went to Iran and Pakistan where as i go to Georgia, Armenia, Iran, Turk, Uzb, Kyrgystan, China, Pakistan and India. So look like i will be setting my own virgin'ish path. The good thing is i now have the visa for Pakistan and China which are very hard to get.

I will be going to Canada this weekend for some press conference and also to nominate a very good model/actor/anchor friend Gugni Gill as North American Ambassdor for cancer cause. Will be back on Monday before i go and apply for Iranian visa in Ireland (UK does not have the high commission as they are not in good relation with Iran). So overall lots of challenges but rock solid determination!!! Lets see who wins!
Old 7th September 2012, 22:12   #40
Senior - BHPian

Inder,

Nice to know you'd be passing through Ahmedabad. Was talking to a friend about one of his relatives who was lost to cancer, treatments options and your trip. He owns a Star Hotel, Sarovar Portico here, he's also part of chain of hotels in Mumbai like Airport Hotel etc., said if you want to stay over at Ahhmedabad, he'd be glad to host your stay etc.,

Let me know if you need help and when you pass through, can try to arrange for some press coverage / FM coverage.

--Ramky
======
Old 10th September 2012, 17:11   #41
BHPian

Heil Inder. you are the man. I am waiting for updates after you start the trip.
Old 11th September 2012, 15:29   #42
BHPian

Wow! Just read all the posts! Hats off to your motive!
Keep the thread posted! I'll be following it regularly! And yeah, All the best with your TLC!
Old 21st September 2012, 21:45   #43
BHPian

Hi guys...got back from Canada and it was a huge success. I have been trying to convince NRI's to adopt villages back home. As for only Rs 50K/£600 or $1000 a person can get his whole village scanned for cancer. The bus with full equipment and managed by British doctors comes to your village and not only helps with cancer but with other problems. They give free medicines and this is the best utilization of money. We had so many bookings that with 13 buses, we now have a waiting list of over 4 months. So guess will have to buy more buses. Now most of work has been in north so i will be driving all the way down south, so similar work can be carried out in villages in the south too. I hope God gives me the strength to work in every village in India.

I have also been convincing people of Pakistan origin to adopt cancer effected kids and see them through their treatment. So it has been really busy.

Other than that, i pulled all the strings and a motion was passed in Parliament in UK (Scottish) to support my journey. You would not believe it, each and every party supported it. Could not ask for more......
By the way the flag off will be done by external affairs minster in the presence of couple of MP's and the story would be covered on BBC. I will be making a documentary and that will be screened in many channels and hopefully BBC worldwide.

There are talks with Mr Ajay Devgan, Yuvraj Singh and Harbhajan to come to Wagha border on the day of my arrival. Figures crossed!!!!

Ramky: I think i will take your friends offer to stay a night and speak on the radio. If one more life can be saved through my drive, it would be bigger then 100 days of Puja & Path for me. The only condition of the stay would be, i will pay for my stay but ask your friend to adopt one poor patient who needs help. I will be more than happy to find him one in desperate need.

Rest guys keep your comments coming as that is the only way for me to start with the best start of my life. though i will not be able to post many comments once on the journey, but will make sure i update my website as much as i can. Thank you all once again!!
indigill is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2012, 17:49   #44
BHPian

All i can say is Hats off bro. Not only is this a super cool plan, the fact that so many needy people are benefiting makes it even more sweeter.

Subscribed. All the very best.
Old 24th September 2012, 15:33   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigill View Post
Shome : I am off to Canada this weekend but should be back on Tuesday. Send me your number and we will have a quick word as how we can take this forward. It be my pleasure if i can do something to motivate your father. I think meeting him will be a motivation for me.
I was waiting for your return. Congrats to reach another milestone. I'll PM you my mobile no for further plan of meet at Delhi.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks