Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2006, 18:48   #16
BANNED

Good you stopped for the biker and took him to hospital. It takes a lot of decency and maturity, which is sadly lacking in most people nowadays.
Old 16th April 2006, 18:58   #17
BHPian

hey godfather, u did a good thing by taking the biker to the hospital. cant really blame u for falling for the finger thing...even iv fallen for it.
i really feel riding/driving imported cars/bikes or souped vehicles is a big problem in any city. we always hav these wanabe racers trying to show off that they are better.. two weeks back near queens road i had this guy on an rx100( painted an obscene green) and his supposed friend on a ct100 with a dalda dabba come near me revv their sick sounding bikes,i dint fall for that.then the try takin me onto the footpath. this real pisses me off. we stop at the next signal and take of at the green light.the rx dud starts off wen there was still 3secs left,a guy coming from the commisioners ofice on a pulsar who jumps his signal doin 80+ rams into the dud on the rx. i stop near the guy smile at him and ripp off. u wont belive how amazing it felt... on an after thought i felt bad coz me revvin my bike got the dud pumped up .. can u imagine the ct100 buger ignores his fallen counterpart and tries to still race wit me. i giv a him stare and rip off.

this was a really stupid thing to do but sometimes when it comes to losing self respect in public not many of us are willing for a compromise are we??

ps; godfather i agree with u that the past 30 days havent been good for tbhpians....

Last edited by cooljun : 16th April 2006 at 19:07.
Old 16th April 2006, 21:10   #18
Senior - BHPian

You guys are scaring me man!!!!!

I was taking a corner with a little bit of enthusiasm this morning (deserted roads) and had a bad slither and neearly fell, but managed to regaing control.

All this stuff about bad time for Tbhp-ians is scaring me, man!!! Gotta otne itn down for the next few days, i suppose.

Godfather, I think it is good you had the good sense to take the poor biker to the hospital, instead of doing a hit-and-run.
Old 16th April 2006, 22:10   #19
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Yes , time in general for the bhpains doesnt seem so good over this month .. 1st my accident , then ajmats VTECs rear glass was broken by the angry mob , cooljun's accident , then goddy's and the list is endless .. but i do get superstitious at times ..

Just pray that things get better as Speed Run approaches ..
Old 16th April 2006, 22:43   #20
BHPian

i appreciate the fact that u ignored him 2-3 times dude . trust me if at the signal some guy showing me that he wants to race and sh*t and show me the finger , i would catch up , get down and bbash him upi have a nice reason too : i would do this so that he would stop screwing around with people like that and cause accidents for no reason
Old 16th April 2006, 22:50   #21
BHPian

Godfather, very brave of you to have got the guts to put up this experience.

IMHO, you did the right thing given the choices.
Old 17th April 2006, 00:02   #22
BHPian

LOL. No offence dude, but had you kept your temper no one wud have gotten hurt.
And as for the raised finger.. i know it gets hard to control your fury. But you gotta do it.

I've been egged on to race many times, sometimes i have sometimes i havent... but with time i've learnt not to be tempted or lured into a race.

PS: by the way good judgement with whom to hit buddy. :-) and good work with the hospital thing
godspeed
Old 17th April 2006, 04:47   #23
Senior - BHPian

the guy must be high on alcohol i bet! cauz only drunkards can go to such an extent (except me!!)
Old 17th April 2006, 07:49   #24
Senior - BHPian

The only difficult part of the whole thing was the crowd that gathers there and its very difficult to convince them... some one even took my mobile from the car and gave it to the bike guy telling him that if he does not pay up for the damages then yu keep the mobile..
I saw the person taking it and confronted him asking him as who the hell was he to make the decisions.. a heated argument followed and finally that guy gave back the phone..
The bike guy was also asking for more money... it was like a gamble... he did not have any major damage to the vehicle except for some scratches to the crashguard and the foot rest bend which can be removed and he asked me for 5 grand..
i told him that i will take the bike to the service station and ask for the list of damages and pay for it accordingly..
Then he comes up with this stupid thing that there will be interior engine damages and i will not know about it... I started laughing at his face there and told him to stop bu** s******g and take the money i am offering or come to the service sation..
He finally settled for 2500/- and then i got it in writing that he has no problems with me and the issue has been settled with a payment of Rs 2500/- towards damages and seperate payment of hospital charges.. i have kept the hospital bills and the statement safely at home just in case he tries to put a case on me..
Old 17th April 2006, 11:43   #25
BHPian

Thats a very unfortunate incident bro. However, I am glad that the accident was not very major in terms or injury. I really hate it when the crowd supports one party(normally the smaller vehicle) and bias the cops as well. Rs.2500 is slightly on the higher side, but atleast the headache is over.

When I am faced with such idiots trying to get me to race, I try and ignore them as much as I can. But when it gets too much, I slowly move to the left, slow down and continue to drive at very low speeds till he is gone. This definitely works as he either gets the message or he gets impatient and goes away.
Old 17th April 2006, 11:43   #26
Senior - BHPian

godfather,

whatever happened to you was unfortunate ...i too have been involved in such incidents ....but of all cities i feel that its bangalore which has the worst drivers ...here everyone wants to be a racing driver and race on public roads ...
people just change the muffler and try to show off ......

i had written about how a scorpio guy tried to provoke me into a race on the ring road and then how he follwed me all the way till indiranagar .

Mclaren,

whatever you did was really foolish .....if you are really a good driver so that on the track ...by racing on public roads ,ther was no difference between you and the other guy ...

you talk racing line on a public road!!!!!!!!!!and about no other car messing with yours at MG's .....all i can do is laugh at you ...you need to grow up ...

everyday i take out my car ...i see someone or the other racing on the ring road ...BTw i have seen your driving when we had gone to krishnagiri...all i can say is that you were really lucky to be alive

Last edited by speedsatya : 17th April 2006 at 12:03.
Old 17th April 2006, 11:45   #27
BHPian

Godfather, while it was definitely immature on your part to pick up a race in the middle of traffic, by taking the biker to the hospital you did redeem yourself partly.
I am sure you listen to music while you drive. I have a suggestion you could consider.
I am very level headed (at my age that is expected) and rarely lose my temper. But when I feel I am going to lose it, I try to distract myself by either changing the music I am listening to; most preferably I select an old favourite that I know every word of and can hum along with. Then I turn the volume up so I can not hear outside sounds. Of course, I also avoid looking at the cause of all the disturbance. This way, I get about three or four minutes to cool down (that's how long the songs I listen to last).
See if this helps.

By the way, Mclaren, I tend to agree with SpeedSatya about racing on streets. You might think you have done a great service to mankind by putting the racer guy out of service, but just consider what would happen if he was even more stupid and ended up damaging more than his car?

Last edited by prabuddhadg : 17th April 2006 at 12:01.
Old 17th April 2006, 12:00   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya
godfather,

Mclaren,

whatever you did was really foolish .....if you are really a good driver so that on the track ...by racing on public roads ,ther was no difference between you and the other guy ...

you talk racing line on a public road!!!!!!!!!!and about no other car messing with yours at MG's .....all i can do is laugh at you ...you need to grow up ...
I totally agree with you speedy. City roads are not meant for racing, come what may!

Cheers
Old 17th April 2006, 12:27   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S@~+#0$#
Thats a very unfortunate incident bro. However, I am glad that the accident was not very major in terms or injury. I really hate it when the crowd supports one party(normally the smaller vehicle) and bias the cops as well. Rs.2500 is slightly on the higher side, but atleast the headache is over.

When I am faced with such idiots trying to get me to race, I try and ignore them as much as I can. But when it gets too much, I slowly move to the left, slow down and continue to drive at very low speeds till he is gone. This definitely works as he either gets the message or he gets impatient and goes away.
Hey bro.. i know i paid more that what was required but i wanted to get it over with.. i was also frustrated about it.
I did try to drive slow but then i lost it when he showed me the finger.. it was like a bad insult.. but now i have learned form it and will not repeat this foolishness again on road.

@prabuddhadg: will try to follow what you say next time i come across these kind of foolish people on road.
Old 17th April 2006, 13:12   #30
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya
Mclaren,

everyday i take out my car ...i see someone or the other racing on the ring road ...BTw i have seen your driving when we had gone to krishnagiri...all i can say is that you were really lucky to be alive
Let me clear out things here brother.. First i would like to see how ud react when some nitpicking ******* hits ur car while u trying to be as sane as possible .. Secondly i took the racing line into one turn which happens to be a one way (apart from that it was normal street driving except for that one turn).. So lets not get into all this gyan giving here .. I accept i did a mistake didnt i ?? But ur comments are pretty much unwarrented .. Btw coming to the drive we had let me tell u something , if i was dangerous then u must have been blind .. Find out from the rest asto who was safer and ul get ur answer .. Well i dont want to argue with u anymore , everyone of the bangy boys knows how i drive .. Its just a coincidence that im running with bad times at the moment.. Btw in all these 5 yrs of driving this is MY FIRST ACCIDENT that i met with in the baleno (my 1st accident ever in a car ) .. What does that tell u ???

PS : If u are referring to that culvert incident , then let me remind u that i wasnt the one driving then ..

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 17th April 2006 at 13:25.

Most Viewed