Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2006, 13:23   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya
Mclaren,

whatever you did was really foolish .....if you are really a good driver so that on the track ...by racing on public roads ,ther was no difference between you and the other guy ...

you talk racing line on a public road!!!!!!!!!!and about no other car messing with yours at MG's .....all i can do is laugh at you ...you need to grow up ...

everyday i take out my car ...i see someone or the other racing on the ring road ...BTw i have seen your driving when we had gone to krishnagiri...all i can say is that you were really lucky to be alive
i have to say this that i wholly agree with satya on this....no offence...

it is just the impulsive behaviour that causes accidents.....keeping a cool head takes you a long way..

godfather...it was a damn brave and decent thing to take the guy to the hospital and pay for the damages..but what were you thinking??? you are faster that all those guys put together any day....then why did you have to get all charged up by one little finger?????

Last edited by adit1329 : 17th April 2006 at 13:26.
Old 17th April 2006, 13:41   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
Let me clear out things here brother.. First i would like to see how ud react when some nitpicking ******* hits ur car while u trying to be as sane as possible .. Secondly i took the racing line into one turn which happens to be a one way (apart from that it was normal street driving except for that one turn).. So lets not get into all this gyan giving here .. I accept i did a mistake didnt i ?? But ur comments are pretty much unwarrented .. Btw coming to the drive we had let me tell u something , if i was dangerous then u must have been blind .. Find out from the rest asto who was safer and ul get ur answer .. Well i dont want to argue with u anymore , everyone of the bangy boys knows how i drive .. Its just a coincidence that im running with bad times at the moment.. Btw in all these 5 yrs of driving this is MY FIRST ACCIDENT that i met with in the baleno (my 1st accident ever in a car ) .. What does that tell u ???

PS : If u are referring to that culvert incident , then let me remind u that i wasnt the one driving then ..

Rahul, You could have stopped this guy and confronted him for having banged your car rather than falling in his trap by racing with him.

Secondly, i feel sad that you met with an accident in your new baby. 5 years is a lot of experience but in the 7 years of my driving experience and with lacs of kms under my belt without a single accident but many close shaves i have realised that it just takes 1 silly mistake either by you or the other guy you are racing with and it can prove fatal to either of you guys or some innocent guy on the city street. I too am your age and i know how it feels when some crappy jack-a** comes your way instigating you for a race but then i guess common sense should prevail but i know "its easier said than done"

Be safe rahul, don't take it too personal coz its just an advise a fellow "Baleno freak" would like to give you. And howz your car now? Would like to wish you luck for the speedrun. Take car mate.

Cheers

Last edited by prince85 : 17th April 2006 at 13:45.
Old 17th April 2006, 14:29   #33
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Secondly i took the racing line into one turn which happens to be a one way (apart from that it was normal street driving except for that one turn).. So lets not get into all this gyan giving here ..
I think we all know how strictly people stick to one-way rule in Bangalore, especially after 9PM.

Quote:
Btw coming to the drive we had let me tell u something , if i was dangerous then u must have been blind
This is coming closer to personal attack. Cool down.

There is no real excuse for racing in city streets, I suggest you stop making any and move on.

Last edited by Samurai : 17th April 2006 at 14:31.
Old 17th April 2006, 15:12   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
.. I accept i did a mistake didnt i ?? ..

Quote:
But ur comments are pretty much unwarrented .. Btw coming to the drive we had let me tell u something , if i was dangerous then u must have been blind .. Find out from the rest asto who was safer and ul get ur answer .. Well i dont want to argue with u anymore , everyone of the bangy boys knows how i drive .. Its just a coincidence that im running with bad times at the moment.. Btw in all these 5 yrs of driving this is MY FIRST ACCIDENT that i met with in the baleno (my 1st accident ever in a car ) .. What does that tell u ???

PS : If u are referring to that culvert incident , then let me remind u that i wasnt the one driving then ..
hehe...chill....lets not argue about what happened ...somethings will never change ..nothing personal here ...
drive safe
Old 17th April 2006, 15:34   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya

hehe...chill....lets not argue about what happened ...somethings will never change ..nothing personal here ...
drive safe
Good to see some good sense prevail here. You guys were giving hard time to Samurai

Last edited by RX135 : 17th April 2006 at 15:45.
Old 17th April 2006, 16:41   #36
Team-BHP Support

I'm not quoting any of the above posts as this would get complicated.

1. McLaren - racing on public streets is not something on needs to advertise. that said appology accpeted. Howevr I understand this was not your first time (racing on public roads) please try to make it your last.

2. RX - I dont see anyone giving Samurai a hard time. Lord knows he can take car of himself.

3. Prince - how many lac KM in 7 years? 1 lac KM = 40km per day everyday for 7 years with no holidays. :-)

4. Godfather - Thanks for sharing and that was brave of you to stop and take the man to a hospital.

India is going through growing pains - our car/km ratio has gotten terribly skewed. I am sorry that the younger amoust you have to deal with this (gone are the days of carefree drives with barely enough traffic to warrant traffic lights) but the best was to do is to practive defensive driving even if it goes against your natural instincts.

Take a page out of Juan Manuel Fangio's book guys.http://www.allamericanracers.com/jmf.html
"When he first drove a grand prix car, Fangio was 38, an age at which many of today’s F1 stars have retired yet Jean Manuel Fangio who won 47% of all his GPs. Jim Clark comes second with 35%. Michael Schumacher won 32%"
http://observer.guardian.co.uk/osm/s...720870,00.html

and read this....
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/083...lance&n=283155
Old 17th April 2006, 17:08   #37
Senior - BHPian

I normally revv hard and pretend to overtake the instigator.. and when he speeds up and goes ... then I quietly go at my own pace.. The trick is to turn the tables on him and push him hard.. but not push ourselves too hard.
Old 18th April 2006, 08:25   #38
Senior - BHPian

well bro.... u were one lucky dawg that day.... the guy wasnt injured seriously, the car wasnt damaged very badly, the public didnt clobber you and... lets just forget the zen....

must have been some school kid who learnt to drive weeks back.... all you gotta do is control ur temper especially on the road bro.... no point risking innocent lives....and yeah ur prized blue bomb...

next time some one shows u a finger... show him 5... or maybe all ur ten fingers... and if u really can stop in traffic u can show him ur toes also.....

just kiddin dude... glad everythin is fine now.... take care and drive safe....
Old 18th April 2006, 12:34   #39
BHPian

hey godfather ,
that was really unlucky that you had to suffer because of the other guy ...but very nice of you that you took care of the biker instead of running away .
nothing personal here ,but i feel people who race on the public roads should be lynched....no excuses for that
Old 18th April 2006, 22:00   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya

next time some one shows u a finger... show him 5... or maybe all ur ten fingers... and if u really can stop in traffic u can show him ur toes also.....
and if there are any co-passengers you could ask their help...
Old 18th April 2006, 22:16   #41
BANNED

Hey man!
You sounds really cool! But needs an extra pack of ice packs! (Jokin)

Yes, There're plenty of crazy guys out there. They just get heavy on their heads and starts doing all the funny stuff on the road. It seems that Zen guy should be really happy if he saw you in accident. Ya, that's how bad these morons are!

Anyway I praise you for keeping your temper in control to max and helping out the poor victim after the knock. Most people like to fly away from the scene especially in a similar situation you were in.

Dude! Let's race in Speed RUN!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks