Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2006, 10:10   #1
Senior - BHPian

Road rage... My Accident

Hi Guys,

I am really sorry for posting this so late as i was not sure how you guy's would react to this... so read carefully and then tell me where i went wrong.

Amitoj -- this is why i have commented that this is a bad time for some tbhp members.

This took place on the 29th on March.. I had just taken my car from the service station and i was cruising back home. When i was coming down the Double road flyover i noticed a white zen a few cars behind me honking like crazy.. i slowed down and let him pass..
He heard the sound of my car and stopped next to me in the signal right opp Bishop cottons boys and starts to rev his stock engine..
My A/C was on and thanks to my dark tints he could not see me laugh..
Then i decided to stay behind him as i know if i overtake he will try some stunts.
I am driving at 40kmph (stop laughing... no jokes) and keeping my distance from him but he kept insisting on a race by constantly slowing down and coming next to the car and revving and all that nonsence..
I still stayed behind him...and did not even rev my engine.
Then finally he gets very frustrated and zooms off.
The next signal i saw him again and this time he took off with his wheels spinning.. and i am again behind maintaining the distance when he puts his hand out the window and showes me the finger..

That was too much to take and i lost my temper... i gear down and pick up good speed and near Bowring club i am overtaking him when he cuts right across in front of me to stop me from overtaking...

i did not see and to avoid him coming into me at approx 100kmph i moved to the left of the road... and saw this bike guy there and hit him hard from the side.. the bike guy went flying.... i immediately stopped the car only to see the zen speed off...

I step out of the vehicle and run to the bike guy who has been thrown some distance.... I noticed that he has no major injuries except for some bruises to his hand.. as usual the crowd gathers and i somehow manage to control them.. i take the guy to mallya hospital and get him an immediate first aid..

Since it was the month end the medical store is closed.. so i walk around till i found one that was open and bought the necessary medicines and give it to him..
took him back to the bike and thankfully there were no major damages... i still paid him around 2500/- for the bike damages over that..

My car left fender dented.(removed in psychos garage 2 days back)...
bumper cracked... still to be replaced..

Now before you start to shout at me (the main reason why i did not post for so long) i had two choices

1) Hit the Zen from on his side and have him spin out and the zen would obviously go flying into the bus stop filled with people
2) Hit the bike guy and have minimal damages to life and property..

Now decide... i know road rage was not good and i should have controlled my temper... but what would you do if you were in my shoes??
Old 16th April 2006, 10:27   #2
BHPian

so much for just a li'l finger??

you behaved like a mature person till that li'l finger came out!
but you have to get much more mature than that.

there are all kind of s.t.u.p.i.d. people out on road.
some will talk rubbish and some will show their prowess.

but majority of people are quite mature and behaves decently. its only upto 'you' how you takes them!

on road, ignore those s.t.u.p.i.d. people.
such an ignorance is bliss! let others do what they are doing. one should concentrate on his own.

imho, its all your fault and not of anyone else.
zen guy did what he was best at, i.e. irritating people on road.
but you being a responsible person took that biker to hospital. but you were not responsible enough coz you got in 'overdrive' on watching a li'l finger!

well, now will you ask me what i'd have done if i'd have been in your place. its all in brain!

Last edited by revharder : 16th April 2006 at 10:28.
Old 16th April 2006, 10:44   #3
Senior - BHPian

I would have done the same some six months back but now i intend to laugh off such incidents......Its always the best option i've found out....
Anyways now its past ...!!! No use repenting for it.....Chill...!!!
Drive fast not rash....
Old 16th April 2006, 10:51   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen
I would have done the same some six months back but now i intend to laugh off such incidents......Its always the best option i've found out....
Anyways now its past ...!!! No use repenting for it.....Chill...!!!
Drive fast not rash....

i know bro.. learnt from it...will try to control my temper from now on...

cheers
Old 16th April 2006, 11:37   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revharder
so much for just a li'l finger??

you behaved like a mature person till that li'l finger came out!
but you have to get much more mature than that.

there are all kind of s.t.u.p.i.d. people out on road.
some will talk rubbish and some will show their prowess.

but majority of people are quite mature and behaves decently. its only upto 'you' how you takes them!

on road, ignore those s.t.u.p.i.d. people.
such an ignorance is bliss! let others do what they are doing. one should concentrate on his own.

imho, its all your fault and not of anyone else.
zen guy did what he was best at, i.e. irritating people on road.
but you being a responsible person took that biker to hospital. but you were not responsible enough coz you got in 'overdrive' on watching a li'l finger!

well, now will you ask me what i'd have done if i'd have been in your place. its all in brain!
i think the zen guy must be bragging to his friends and laughing his heart out because he did cause u to react and ultimately u had to pay the price by the way i also do react similarly once while driving with my friends a sumo guy cut into my lane suddenly and to top it i was a bit high so caught up with him and went and banged my car side ways into him the sumo guy was shell shocked but ultimately i had to pay the price imagine banging a fiat uno into a sumo my left door was a wreck and the sumo had some minor dents and a broken bumper so the next day after i was over my hangover and checked the damages made a promise to myself never to overreact
Old 16th April 2006, 11:38   #6
BHPian

Now whenever any fool shows u any finger out on the road juz think of that innocent biker.also keep in mind tht as a driver u have responsibilites for ur, ur passengers & pedestrians life & act accordingly.keep these in mind & u can be a patient driver
Old 16th April 2006, 11:58   #7
BHPian

k....

i dunt disagree with the fact that u did control your temper more than i would..all of us on the forum could say we would have done the opposite of what you did .... but that would be all lies.. since all of us lose our heads some time or the other, dunt you'll guys agree?
anyways i guess u have the decency to learn from your mistakes...
and as always drive fast not rash.....
cheers....
PsychoLyn..

From support team: Post edited. You don't need to quote an entire post to make your comment.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 16th April 2006 at 19:26.
Old 16th April 2006, 12:10   #8
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Well we all learn from our mistakes dont we ?? Im sure everyone of us would have gone wrong at some point or the other ( i aprreciate sumit for having come out with the truth).. So i request all the members to stop bashing him for being irresponsible .. He has learnt a lesson , so lets not make him feel worse ..

Also i appreciate his quick thinking and preferring going into the bike guy than clobber the zen guy who cut into him while overtaking and thus potentially put more lives at the bus stop at risk ..

For all u bangy boys who in future have to deal with some incidents like this, here is what happened with me when i had the zen ..
It was a saturday , on my way back home after dropping v1p3r and psycho to their houses .. This was a week after the burnout drag and my car was still running the " SAG RACING" sticker .. Come onto MG.Road driving peacefully at 50 km/hr .. Suddenly a black zen pulls up from the parking spot and comes flying behind me ..

Starts revving like mad , trying to instigate me to a race .. I didnt fall for it .. Then he goes in front of me and brakes hard so that i would ram into him .. Still i dont get instigated .. Then he cuts to the left and as i am still cruising at 50 all along MGs he cuts into my car .. I braked and avoided it .. Totally back off .. He tries that once more and i was careful as he was upto something .. Took a right turn at Anil Kumble circle and i see him waiting for me .. Still crusing in the right extreme lane to maintain distance from him while he is in the left lane .. Then as i was just about to pass him he cut across and hit my fender lightly ..

Both cars touched momentarliy and that certainly pissed me off .. Knew exactly what to do , downshifted and started redlining each gear and took a route that i knew with eyes
closed knowing very well tht he would follow .. He did and i whopped him all the way to Cunningham Road .. This is where the fun begins .. Right opposite to Indian Express office i see the Cunningham Road turn coming up .. This was my moment .. This is the turn that i had got him all this far for .. This was my revenge for having hit my sweetheart .. Thanks to track day took the racing line into the corner .. Braked down a bit so that he could think he had a chance to go up the inside as he was on the wrong line into the turn just downshifted at took the left hander flat .. Next second i hear him screeching his tyres to glory and i can see him loosing his rear end in my mirrors and finally see his rear tyres go onto the foothpath with his front facing the turn he just took .. I know i shouldnt have done this , but there was no way id let anyone hit my car and get away with it .. Switched my strobes on waved bye to him and drove off at my usual speeds of 50 km/hr again back home .. Lesson learnt , lesson thought .. Since that day not one car messes with mine at MG's .. That news must have spread .. This was at 3 in the morning , even on this run i took a route which was mainly 1 ways so that i would have no vehicles coming from the opposite direction to deal with .. Made sure that i posed no danger to any other vehicle on road other than his .. Next weekend i heard he ruptured his chassie and had broken rims , suspension and what not ..

So all u bangy boys either control urselves from going out late nights , which is what we are doing since then or put a sticker saying "Mclaren is my friend " ..

There are certain times when anyone would loose their cool , no matter how patient one might be .. We all learn from our mistakes .. Trying to ram them on their face will only make them feel horrible , loose confidence over themselves and more importantly make them rebellious ..

PS : Had i cruised and avoided him that day without teaching him a lesson he might have posed potentially greater danger to my car and to others on other days ..
Old 16th April 2006, 13:32   #9
BHPian

i dont understand this "finger business" and the length's some guys go just to instigate a race..... god ..the driving is going to dogs isnt it?,what do they achive by this i dont understand.....we gotta keep ourself in programmed thought that we shouldnt come down to their low and act the bigger person.. but what can u do when a person cuts off and is bound to take u off the road...?? ... any cool headed person is bound to lose it....,. i totally agree with what godfather did.. because saying is one thing,reacting to the situation is another...so as someone said most of us wudnt have kept cool to such behaviour...
Old 16th April 2006, 13:44   #10
BHPian

to avoid such hooligans, i slows down and allows some other vehicles to come in-between that driver and me.

and i avoids "eye-contact" at any cost.
this is the best solution to get your calm and not getting into a rage!
Old 16th April 2006, 14:09   #11
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by revharder
to avoid such hooligans, i slows down and allows some other vehicles to come in-between that driver and me.

and i avoids "eye-contact" at any cost.
this is the best solution to get your calm and not getting into a rage!
Well id be surprised if u would find any vehicles while returning from late night parties , call centre jobs in bangalore apart from the racing crowd in bangy these days.. Its not that the entire crowd is bad , its just those one or two rotten apples that give a bad name to the whole basket ..

And coming to the eye-contact most of these guys will be running black pitched tints and one cant even make out if it is a guy or a gal driving it .. Let alone making eye contact .. We still arent yet on the Fast And Furious level ..
Old 16th April 2006, 14:17   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
Well id be surprised if u would find any vehicles while returning from late night parties , call centre jobs in bangalore apart from the racing crowd in bangy these days.. Its not that the entire crowd is bad , its just those one or two rotten apples that give a bad name to the whole basket ..

And coming to the eye-contact most of these guys will be running black pitched tints and one cant even make out if it is a guy or a gal driving it .. Let alone making eye contact .. We still arent yet on the Fast And Furious level ..
being in NCR i really don't know much about bangalore, but even here the bpo-cabs are a nuisance. and areas around posh hotesl gets too much revved-up in nights!

and for that eye-contact, one can't drive easily with dark tints in NCR area. so eye-contact is too easy!
and it is this very moment which decides your whole future!!
Old 16th April 2006, 14:56   #13
BHPian

well what can i say.... when you are on the wheel its really difficult to control the temper... but cant help it ... more power more responsibility .. i cant comment much on this coz maybe .. even i would have lost it when that finger comes up...

well be happy fer the fact that nothing much happned to the bike rider.. else u would be in deep ****...

somethings just happen godfather you really cant do anything ..

atleast we can learn something from this incident ( i can..)

Last edited by cheatingdeath : 16th April 2006 at 15:01.
Old 16th April 2006, 15:19   #14
Senior - BHPian

Godfather it's alright such things happen and there some *******s of the unnecessary racing and finger showing types in Delhi also and it's OK everyone loses their cool once in a while.

What is more important is that you did the right thing by not hitting the Zen and also taking care of the bike rider. And for doing this you should be appreciated since you acted responsibly.

But remember not to lose your cool to such idiots again!!
Old 16th April 2006, 18:17   #15
Senior - BHPian

Hey Goddy.. u did a real good thing by taking that biker to the hospital and taking care of him.
And it was very brave of u to post all this on tbhp (knowing the brickbats that are gonna come flying ur way :P )
Anyway, its all a part of the learning curve. The day we stop learning, we stop living.

Cheers mate.
Amitoj

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks