Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2006, 16:05   #16
BHPian

Better be safe than sorry; i normally call 100 when i see suspicious persons hanging around my house. In these days of break-ins, it pays to be careful. I have always found the cops to be co-operative. They too know that they have to take all calls seriously to avoid issues at a later date. They normally arrive within half-an-hour. But, yes, better if an elder is present at that time. Dont wait for the issue to escalate before you take action, that would be my two cents worth.
Old 17th April 2006, 16:08   #17
BHPian

One more thing - i tried this once for a guy who seemed to be hanging around. As i was driving off from my house, i looked seriously at him, whipped out a small camera and took a picture. The guy asked why i was doing that, i said the residents association had asked us to be careful about people hanging around and to take pictures of anyone who is not from the area (true, to an extent). He was not seen loitering around after that.
Old 17th April 2006, 16:13   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider4385
I cannot ask cops to talk tell them to move from there. As I have mentioned, it is a public road, and being opposite a cricket ground, people from many walks of life come there to hang aroun and play!

Godspeed.

Alok.
you can very well ask cops to ask them to move from here.
coz one can surely complain about the "suspicious" persons roaming or even standing in their region.
and cops can use some force on "anybody", yes anybody. they have the right to do so.

do ask them once atleast.
Old 17th April 2006, 16:20   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeliej
One more thing - i tried this once for a guy who seemed to be hanging around. As i was driving off from my house, i looked seriously at him, whipped out a small camera and took a picture. The guy asked why i was doing that, i said the residents association had asked us to be careful about people hanging around and to take pictures of anyone who is not from the area (true, to an extent). He was not seen loitering around after that.
Ha... that sounds like a nice idea. But did you happen to see that public service ad by Hutch... don't click pictures without the person's permission.

Anyway, I have called some folks at home and explained it to them. They planning to put a patrol car outside the house just for a couple of days to see if the problem is taken care of. Seems like the chaps were still hanging around.

Mods... I would like to make a suggestion. Why not take the opportunity and make this thread into one where members can tell others about similar experiences like mine, and how they have/would have handled them personally? Would sure help improve awareness of this sort of nuisance, and would give others an idea of how to react when faced with a similar situation.

Godspeed.

Alok.
Old 17th April 2006, 16:40   #20
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Ghostrider dont freak out man... u've ur family with u nothing to worry. Just confront them with one of the elders in the family or the guards, asking them whether they stay in ur colony or not. If they act c0cky, call up the cops and get the cops to talk to them. i can feel ur concern bout ur family and sistas but its best if u face up to these loosers. Such ppl do need to be taught a lesson

And if this would have happenned with me , seeing them outside my house i would have just got one of my drivers to park one car 1 inch away from his front bumper and i would have parked the second car 1 inch from his rear bumper and told my guards to watch the cars lol! then i would have called the cop uncles and aunties i know ... hahah would have made sure that i get these ppl's parents and family involved in the whole issue.... and btw i dont have any siblings.

Last edited by aZa : 17th April 2006 at 16:44.
Old 17th April 2006, 16:55   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aZa
Ghostrider dont freak out man... u've ur family with u nothing to worry. Just confront them with one of the elders in the family or the guards, asking them whether they stay in ur colony or not. If they act c0cky, call up the cops and get the cops to talk to them. i can feel ur concern bout ur family and sistas but its best if u face up to these loosers. Such ppl do need to be taught a lesson.
Sorry aZa, but that is something I would refrain from doing, and would advice everyone else from doing too. I would NEVER allow any of my family members to confront blokes like these even if the guards are there with them. You do not know what they might have in their pockets or hands, and if get cheezed off, a split second can change your whole life. Trust me, we lost someone in our family that way, and we are all still repenting every moment of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aZa
And if this would have happenned with me, seeing them outside my house i would have just got one of my drivers to park one car 1 inch away from his front bumper and i would have parked the second car 1 inch from his rear bumper and told my guards to watch the cars lol! then i would have called the cop uncles and aunties i know ... hahah would have made sure that i get these ppl's parents and family involved in the whole issue.... and btw i dont have any siblings.
Would have been really funny if they try removing their car forcefully from in between your cars. Don't even want to try thinking about the amount of destruction it would cause when these idiots try to flee, and your money to repair the damage! I am sure fools like this would first think of an escape plan than risk a confrontation. Ofcourse, unless you plan to puncture their tires as well!

Godspeed,

Alok.
Old 17th April 2006, 17:16   #22
Senior - BHPian

Looks like "Road Romeos" to me.. Best is to take a picture of them or ask the security guard to take pics.. standing inside ur colony. If U cant ask them to leave a public place.. they cant ask u not to take pics inside ur own colony
Old 17th April 2006, 17:35   #23
BHPian

I sadly do not live in a colony!

Godspeed.

Alok.
Old 17th April 2006, 19:11   #24
BHPian

hey ghost rider we had couple of auto guys who used to park outside our house and kept staring at passers by and inside our house. we went to the station paid coupla constables 50 bucks. they came and told these auto guys that the previous night a robbery had taken place in our home and also asked them bout any suspicious characters looking into our house.......... thats the very last we saw of any auto guy standing a mile close by.
Old 17th April 2006, 20:04   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooljun
hey ghost rider we had couple of auto guys who used to park outside our house and kept staring at passers by and inside our house. we went to the station paid coupla constables 50 bucks. they came and told these auto guys that the previous night a robbery had taken place in our home and also asked them bout any suspicious characters looking into our house.......... thats the very last we saw of any auto guy standing a mile close by.
thats a very cool idea i think so
Old 17th April 2006, 20:05   #26
Senior - BHPian

I guess your worries are unnecessary at first place. Its all your imagination thats making you uncomfortable.

At the first place, if those guys are serious trouble makers,they wouldn't have waited for two days after getting to know where do you stay.

Dont worry, you take a casual walk to a nearby shop pretending as if your'e talking on a cell phone. Watch the guys reaction. If you guess their discussion is on you, roll up all ur courage & ask them if they are searching for any address or they need any help in a friendly tone.

If these guys attack you (200% they will not do), run into your complex and ring up the police.

If they talk about the incident, tell them your'e sorry about that as you were talking a patient to the hospital then (just close there itself)

By doing this, your'e closing the chapter there itself.
Old 17th April 2006, 20:26   #27
BHPian

note down the registration number and give an fir at the nearest cop station that they are troubling your sisters and are behaving cheaply.....
Old 17th April 2006, 20:27   #28
BHPian

hey Ghostrider, i think i spoke to you in the hyderabad meet. anwayz, readint ur topic. This is Hyderabad, Boys tend to get very cocky or being a smartass .... when they see beautful girls. Sometiems they push i to the limits.
Does ur sisters know about his?

my advice is :- if u see these guys again, report the matter to the police along with ur sisters. Police will help u out when these kinda matters rise escpecially when it comes to girls. dont take the matter seriously, usually one small words of a..... should keep them off with ur sisters. if they still act cranky , better report.

BTw : where do u stay in Hyd?

P.S :- if u want me to bash them up, Just gimme a call , n ill be there. If they see me , it should be enough.

Last edited by nosfreak : 17th April 2006 at 20:29.
Old 17th April 2006, 20:47   #29
BHPian

Dude what cooljun said is acctually a good idea and it should'nt be a problem for u as u said u've got contacts in police as well. Only a few friendly question will be good enough to take care of these guys, the plann might work out better if its a cop car insted of some Havaldar.

One seggestion dude Its the matter of your sisters safity that you should me more worried about.
Old 17th April 2006, 22:07   #30
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosfreak
P.S :- if u want me to bash them up, Just gimme a call , n ill be there. If they see me , it should be enough.
Hello!! If I may know how!! You don't need to take it in that manner. After all, it's one old man asking only.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks