Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2012, 15:22   #16
BHPian

Re: Puzzle Parking System

Ok, that makes sense.

Space being premium in Bangalore, hiring a driver is probably is worth getting an extra car park space.
Old 23rd August 2012, 21:44   #17
BHPian

I hope you don't have errant kids and sick psychos who love pressing buttons (without knowing what they do) around your place.
Old 30th August 2012, 12:25   #18
Senior - BHPian

Mansan, you may check out Suvidha Parking Systems and Tata in Pune. Suvidha was most economic and was ready to provide custom built solutions when we contacted multiple players.
@ saion66, they have sensors to prevent accidental button pressing.

Last edited by sourabhzen : 30th August 2012 at 12:27.
sourabhzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2012, 14:29   #19
BHPian

If what you're looking for is essentially a car lift that enables double usage of a single parking slot, you could swing by Manipal Center - they have one of these. In fact, if you get 2 of these, you may not need a puzzle parking system itself.
Agarwaka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2012, 15:53   #20
Senior - BHPian

This system of parking is widely used in the US. I have personally seen a lot of parking lots, especially in New York - a small piece open land (hard to find in NY) which have this parking system can still park twice or sometimes even thrice the number of cars that would usually require a larger space. Just for reference, parking rates for parking in these types of lots are anywhere from $8-15/hour.

Reference picture in the link below

http://watcher.ro/picture-gallery/my...-york-parking/
Old 30th August 2012, 17:50   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manasm View Post
...We also have about 150 employees with bikes/scooters etc who have to park in the same area. This releases some space for them to park. As in the earlier pic from tud, we can even park a couple of bikes on there. We might end up getting a larger than normal size pallet to use for parking which will enable us to put 8 or 10 bikes on there.

The basic requirement was for us to be able to park more bikes within the premises instead of making them park outside, while still parking the cars within the premises.
If you want to maximize bike parking.. Wouldn't it be better to have a structure "like" pebble parking for bikes instead? Bikes can climb steeper and turns can be much sharper. Being bikes the strength required of the structure (and hence cost) would also be cheaper? That way, one would have no moving parts, so more VFM?

(Am sure you would have thought of this, but want to listen to the decision process!).
Old 30th August 2012, 19:04   #22
BHPian

^^as above.if the goal is to maximize parking for bikes.such a system would be safer given the lighter weight of bikes and the lower height. wouldn't it?
i have seen such a system for bicycles in one of the benQ centre in china.
another silly thought in my head:: if you already know what cars will be parked and have a driver always on hand.why not build two parallel incline ramps the likes of which are seen in service centers and have the driver drive the cars up the ramp. this question is only because i assume that the parking in question is private and not commercial.
regards
Harsha.
Old 31st August 2012, 11:00   #23
BHPian

Quote:
@Vananthn21 - please see attached pic. Will give you an idea of what I am looking at. Probably 3 of these individual sets. This will allow parking of 6 cars.

Each set costs 1.7lakhs and is what is called 1 pallet.

Regards,
Manas
I am also interested in a similar parking for my apartment in Bangalore.

Car lifts or parking systems which uses hydraulics as the primary mechanism to lift the platform require lot of maintenance. This has been discussed here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ng-system.html

The parking systems that you have reviewed, do they use hydraulics or motor and pulley system?

I am interested in a pulley based system which requires minimum maintenance.
Old 31st August 2012, 11:00   #24
BHPian

Mods please delete this post, there seems to have been a technical error resulting in duplication.

Last edited by bharatbs : 31st August 2012 at 11:01.
Old 31st August 2012, 11:29   #25
BHPian

The problem definition is -
1. We have 6 cars that require parking in the premises - the cars will be parked in the morning and be removed only at the end of the day with at most only 1 that will be moved during the day. Usual is 4 cars which come in and the remaining 2 only on Friday and/or Saturday. Most of the 6 cars have drivers....
2. We have about 100 bikes/scooters/2 wheelers which need to be parked within a limited space. Out of these 100, about 70 of these will be in and out all day with the balance parked for the day.

So, the best solution would be for us to have space for 6 cars in 3 slots which will free up the remaining slots for the 2 wheelers to move in and out. That will leave 2 slots on most days to accommodate the 2 wheelers.

We got a quote from Kinetic Hyundai for about 6L for the set of 3. They are hydraulic and the have a 1 year support/warranty.
There is a provision after that for 5000 per unit per year AMC.

This sounds good to me. I personally prefer hydraulic over mechanical. There are fail-safes built in to the system.

Looking at another quote in the next couple of days and will let you guys know what that looks like. From people I have spoken to (one of whom builds the platforms for the lifts), they all suggest hydraulic over mech.

Regards,
Manas
Old 31st August 2012, 12:02   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... they all suggest hydraulic over mech.
Hydraulic is much better than mechanical. Mechanical systems make a lot of noise and require more maintenance. I think the quoted price is quite reasonable.
sourabhzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2012, 11:42   #27
BHPian

Quote:

So, the best solution would be for us to have space for 6 cars in 3 slots which will free up the remaining slots for the 2 wheelers to move in and out. That will leave 2 slots on most days to accommodate the 2 wheelers.
im sure you would considered all the pros and cons and reached a conclusion but 6L sounds like a lot just to free up two parking spaces that can house 3or 4 bikes at the maximum. i pity your parking situation that you have to resort to this step in a private setp that wont generate any income/foot fall increase to your factory.

a few days ago a friend and me were talking that while buying an apartment or building a house add2 to the number to pax in the house and build a parking big enough or else regret is but new sedan away.

regards
Harsha
harshaguduru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2012, 20:37   #28
BANNED

Quote:
1. We have 6 cars that require parking in the premises - the cars will be parked in the morning and be removed only at the end of the day with at most only 1 that will be moved during the day. Usual is 4 cars which come in and the remaining 2 only on Friday and/or Saturday. Most of the 6 cars have drivers
You can check with this company.they are from chennai
http://vanjax.in/Products.php?cat_id=54
joshguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2012, 11:23   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tud View Post
If you have a driver who can act as a valet assistant you can try this model. Image has been sourced from facebook.
Hi Tud, I reckon the parking system in the pic is just hydrollics for lift. Though it has an empty space, one much move the car below....i could stand correct.
Old 6th September 2012, 11:39   #30
BHPian

I found this advertisement in a magazine "Aftermarket" - August issue. This Company is into hydraulic Parking Lifts. Maybe this could help you.

Details of the Company are as below;

Shiromani Hydraulics Pvt Ltd.
Ahmedabad-Gujarat
Tel-9824-039374
E-mail-enquiry@shiromanihydraulics.com
Website- www.shiromanihydraulics.com
Gomzy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks