Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2015, 14:54   #331
Senior - BHPian

re: Unusual / funny / heartwarming experiences on the road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay K View Post
This one doesn't count as funny or heartwarming, and is becoming increasingly usual recently so I'm not sure if this post belongs in this thread.

This was the second instance when I came across a Nazi supporter in Gurgaon.

Wonder whats going on.
Appreciate your concern.

One possibility: The car owner may not be Nazi supporter. He may not even know what exactly are the concepts of Nazism. Possibly, he put that symbol just to create an impression of rowdiness and muscle power.
Old 11th November 2015, 15:51   #332
BHPian

Quote:
This one doesn't count as funny or heartwarming, and is becoming increasingly usual recently so I'm not sure if this post belongs in this thread.

This was the second instance when I came across a Nazi supporter in Gurgaon.

Wonder whats going on.

Attachment 1437992
I think it is Swastika only. nazi symbol comes in anti-clock wise direction.
vennarbank is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2015, 16:37   #333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vennarbank View Post
I think it is Swastika only. nazi symbol comes in anti-clock wise direction.
No. It does not. Traditional swastika is like an upright plus symbol with arms. The Nazi symbol is tilted 45 degrees. This is definitely the Nazi symbol.
PatchyBoy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th November 2015, 17:12   #334
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
This one doesn't count as funny or heartwarming, and is becoming increasingly usual recently so I'm not sure if this post belongs in this thread. This was the second instance when I came across a Nazi supporter in Gurgaon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatchyBoy View Post
No. It does not. Traditional swastika is like an upright plus symbol with arms. The Nazi symbol is tilted 45 degrees. This is definitely the Nazi symbol.
^ This.

Plus, don't miss the fact that the swastika is mounted on an Iron Cross in that car, strengthening the Nazi connection. Classic case of Nazi chic. Its understandable though, because the Nazi's had some very stylish imagery, colour schemes and uniforms, and its a shame that it was used for such heinous purposes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by girimajiananth View Post
Plus that sticker is on a Volkswagen
Good spot . VAG are turning the whole planet into a gigantic gas chamber!
arunphilip is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 11th November 2015, 17:36   #335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Good spot . VAG are turning the whole planet into a gigantic gas chamber!
This one has the makings of a very popular Volkswagen meme
Tanmay K is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th November 2015, 16:17   #336
BHPian

This happened with me in Jaynagar, Bangalore. I had peacefully parked my car and had gone for some work and what do i see when i come back. Some smart dude has parked his two-wheeler such that it leans onto my car and is found in tight embrace with the front bumper. Have a look !
Unusual / funny / heartwarming experiences on the road-img_20151108_1659191.jpg

Here is the registration number of the offending vehicle.

Unusual / funny / heartwarming experiences on the road-img_20151108_1659251.jpg

This time the two-wheeler is the culprit and not the four-wheeler.
autobahnjpr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2015, 16:43   #337
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autobahnjpr View Post
This happened with me in Jaynagar, Bangalore. I had peacefully parked my car and had gone for some work and what do i see when i come back. Some smart dude has parked his two-wheeler such that it leans onto my car and is found in tight embrace with the front bumper. Have a look !
With another 2 wheeler parked this side, how did that guy come out after parking?! And he has put the side stand as well. Is this at a paid parking place? If so, the attender would have moved to make more space for other vehicles.
Old 12th November 2015, 17:55   #338
Distinguished - BHPian

Pretty much standard practice, at least in Bangalore. They just dont think of other road users.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2015, 01:35   #339
Senior - BHPian

Cross posting from other thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
Never knew such a thread existed.

Here is my story.

I was driving down to my home town in Kerala, Thrissur to be precise from Chennai, July last year. I was really looking forward for this journey as it will be a solo drive.

So 45 minutes in to the journey, I found the windshield to be dirty and thought it will be a good idea to wash the windshield from outside. So I pulled over and realised that I didn't have water with me. Instead of buying water from nearby shop, I thought it would be a nice idea to use the windshield wiper fluid. All I have to do is, get down, raise the wiper from the windshield and pull the wiper stalk and we will have water sprayed all over the windshield and I could use tissue paper to clean off the dirt.

My car is equipped with after market remote lock, which will lock itself after the ignition is turned on. I got down from the car, raised the windshield wiper and then I heard the car locking itself.

Damn, I said to myself. Reached for my mobile phone, its in the car. Wallet, also inside the car. There was a small tea shop 50 meters down from where I stopped. I went there to enquire whether there is any car workshop nearby.
There was a Police men having his morning tea, I explained my situation to him. He told me there is a workshop nearby and will open after 10 or something.

While I was explaining the situation to the fellow Police officer, another gentleman was overhearing the whole conversation.

Him : There is one good idea.
Me : *Curious* Please, tell me.
Him : Break the side window, It would be tough to break it though. A big brick will do the job.
Both the gentleman and officer nodded their head in agreement.

I knew there was no point staying back there, so I went back to the car after thanking both of them.

Me: Okay Sir, thanks.(Chennai people can relate to this;'Sir').

After getting back to my car, I was thinking what should I do?. Should i break the window, nah. Better wait till the workshop opens.

Then I thought, why not try myself. I have seen some people trying to open the locked door, after removing the window beading. Anyway i have plenty of time to spare, why not try that.

I tried to pry open the window beading with bare hands, not happening. I have parked my car in front of a TVS showroom, IIRC. Normally they open early to take the customer bikes. I went and asked for a screw driver, but the showroom wasn't open at that time. But luckily the security guard had some tools with him.

He removed the window beading for me. Ah, good, what next. I could see the lock actuators through the gap or so I thought. Only if we can find some thick wire, wait, why can't I try use the beading itself.

Few tries and five minutes later, *Thuk* door unlocked. Yey, immediately took my wallet, phone and car key from inside.
Wait, let me take a picture of this, *Click*.
Why not a selfie with guy who saved the day *click*.

Paid that gentleman few hundred bucks, he refused politely but I insisted. He was surprised by my gesture, I was happy that I was able to brighten up some stranger's day . Buckled up and continued my journey with a big grin on my face. .
Unusual / funny / heartwarming experiences on the road-img_3146.jpg

Unusual / funny / heartwarming experiences on the road-img_3145.jpg
ecenandu is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 16th November 2015, 14:28   #340
Distinguished - BHPian

I received this through a Whats App group. It's an effect of Chenni rains/flood,
Attached Thumbnails
Unusual / funny / heartwarming experiences on the road-dzire.jpg  

arun_josie is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 16th November 2015, 15:37   #341
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
I received this through a Whats App group. It's an effect of Chenni rains/flood,
Question to our knowledgable friends. Will this kind of modfying exhausts create any issues. I really thought of doing something similar to my car during the past three days.
Old 16th November 2015, 22:38   #342
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The back pressure will destroy the ruin his mileage,power and pickup and if he continues driving like that, a lot of other things too.
humyum is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2015, 01:13   #343
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
The back pressure will destroy the ruin his mileage,power and pickup and if he continues driving like that, a lot of other things too.
I'm sure he'll take it off after the rains and floods have gone.
Old 17th November 2015, 08:38   #344
BHPian

Quote:
Ha ha, that IS funny! The jugaad nature comes alive. If that's PVC piping, the heat from the exhaust would render it to a floppy appendage dragging on the road. Then he would remove it anyway.
Old 17th November 2015, 15:22   #345
BHPian

A really heartwarming scene.

Saturday, 14th Nov. Traffic Signal at junction of Palm Beach Road and APMC Road in Vashi.

A gentleman with two kids (most probably his sons) holding placards urging drivers to follow traffic signals and drive safely. The boards mentioned Sri Sri Road Safety Awareness (SSRSA). I gave him a thumbs up which he returned with a smile.

Great job, sir.

Unusual / funny / heartwarming experiences on the road-ssta1.jpg
JohnyBoy is offline   (19) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks