Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2016, 14:23   #361
BHPian

Re: The 2014 Fiat Linea Facelift - Test Drive & Review

Hello friends,

Want to share this experience. Yesterday, as usual, on a Sunday morning, I was spending some time with my Linea. My neighbor had bought a new Maruti Ciaz (No offense to any Ciaz owners, this is just what happened) only yesterday and it was parked right in front of my car with a big swastika on the bonnet and a big garland of flowers. The neighbor has also hired a driver to teach driving to his daughter. That driver came into our premises. I was busy with my one year old Linea. He came, kept looking at the Linea and stood in front of the car, resting his hand on the new ciaz After 5 minutes or so, the neighbors daughter came, and he said to her, pointing at my Linea, "Congratulations. So this is your new car. Its so beautiful ". That girl got embarrassed and said, "Thanks, but the new car is the one by which you are standing ". Poor ciaz and that fellow. Now it was his turn to get embarrassed.

All this while, i was smiling silently and felt so proud about my Linea which has got a tremendous road presence. She is such an ageless beauty. Love you baby.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 11th January 2016 at 14:40. Reason: Smileys = 2 per post.
vinit is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 13th January 2016, 14:43   #362
BHPian

re: Unusual / funny / heartwarming experiences on the road

God is being kind to me giving a funny incident every week.
This week it was related to a mad dog!
Closer to my office taking my usual diversion from the main road to a rural road found me coming to a stop. A couple of cars and a lady standing with a baton were the only jammers. Took off my helmet and asked the car guy - whats up? he says "ask the lady".
Me - madam, why this hold up.
Lady - points to a dog in pathetic state (called sori nai locally). Its a mad dog. Can hurt motorists.
Me - whoa. can understand about two wheelers, what about the cars. Let them go by.
Lady - ignores me.
Me - who are you to stop the traffic, by the way? that too for a mad dog?
Lady - without looking at me - PETA
Me -
by that time, thankfully the dog decided to rush into the fields and we just chugged along!
came to office, took a deep breath and shared this incident to my colleagues. Some of them are still laughing their guts out
FuelInjector is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 13th January 2016, 15:16   #363
Distinguished - BHPian

We blame the truck walas, water tankers, taxi guys etc for running their vehicle with bald tyres and risking others' life. Here, I spotted a Fortuner with all 4 tyres in bad condition. When I checked with the driver, he said it has another 5K-10K Kms of life .

Now, what is the point in spending 30L+ when the tyres are not maintained in good condition.

Unusual / funny / heartwarming experiences on the road-snap1.jpg

Spotted this in Trivandrum. I wanted to take proper pic, but the driver didn't allow.
arun_josie is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 13th January 2016, 16:29   #364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuelInjector View Post
Me - madam, why this hold up.
Lady - points to a dog in pathetic state (called sori nai locally). Its a mad dog. Can hurt motorists.
Me - whoa. can understand about two wheelers, what about the cars. Let them go by.
Lady - ignores me.
Me - who are you to stop the traffic, by the way? that too for a mad dog?
Lady - without looking at me - PETA
Me -
This lady may have been PETA, but to you and the other motorists that day she must have been PITA!
Disclaimer: I am an animal lover and do not disapprove of her actions.

I had a small heartwarming (read: ego massaging) experience recently when I took my 13 year old Honda City VTEC (OHC) for a pollution check. I strive to maintain my car well and dust it off every morning with a Jopasu car duster so it's shiny for the rest of the day. The PUC check guy started asking the usual details like make, model, etc. When it came to the year and I told him 2003, his eyebrows went up and he said 'Wow!'. I drove off with a big grin.
bowser is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th January 2016, 17:25   #365
Distinguished - BHPian

Seriously, a mad dog? as in rabies?

Nothing funny about that, either for the dog or for any other creature, human or animal, to whom it transmits the disease. I think that even PETA would recognise that an actually, seriously, rabid dog must be put down --- even if they only think of the other animals that might die because of it.

Nothing funny about rabies, whatever species one is.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2016, 17:45   #366
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Now, what is the point in spending 30L+ when the tyres are not maintained in good condition.
Some people take 'bulletproof Toyota reliability' literally. No need to change anything for the vehicle's lifetime
Chetan_Rao is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th January 2016, 22:57   #367
Distinguished - BHPian

This reflects the traffic situation in bangalore. But still you need some guts to pullout the laptop when in a two-wheeler

Unusual / funny / heartwarming experiences on the road-img20160114wa0027.jpg

Source: WhatsApp
arun_josie is online now   (29) Thanks
Old 19th January 2016, 11:00   #368
BHPian

Quote:
This reflects the traffic situation in bangalore. But still you need some guts to pullout the laptop when in a two-wheeler

Attachment 1460728

What the hell?!?! �� laptop on a two wheeler??? Deadline must be tight.

Ok now I've seen it all. Guess this happens only in namma Bengaluru. This looks like the Sagar Hospital junction in BG Road.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Team-BHP

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 19th January 2016 at 17:39. Reason: Strictly no expletives even using indirect means! Thanks.
drhoneycake is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2016, 11:25   #369
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not quite surprised considering that some Namma Bengaluru traffic blocks at peak hours can give ample standstill time to even finish a presentation. Companies may take inspiration and may give WFT (Work From Traffic) option to employees.
man_of_steel is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 19th January 2016, 11:35   #370
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 1460728

i've seen women carry laptops (the 15" ones) in their handbag, so i think its not all that difficult to take it out and bring it back from sleep mode
IronH4WK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2016, 13:01   #371
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_of_steel View Post
Companies may take inspiration and may give WFT (Work From Traffic) option to employees.
Let us not give any such ideas to the already brilliant IT HR dept. WFT may become a reality and next we know a manager says to the employee - "I was behind you in the traffic jam and I could see you not making use of the time to complete the task !"
luvDriving is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 19th January 2016, 17:28   #372
Senior - BHPian

Saw an Old GrandMom walking down the road at Amar Mahal frantically trying to stop any car running her way, she almost got run over by a truck in this mayhem and people pulled her back. When I was passing by her, she waived at my car too, I thought what the heck, before she kills herself, let me ask 'Whats' Up? Turns out she was a Gujrati too like me and she wanted to go to Mulund where her daughter was going to pick her up from the R city entrance. Firstly I was so pissed at the the idea that someone this old would be asked to find her own way by their children.

I was in two minds and for 30 seconds I kept thinking what to do as I would definitely get late for office if I dropped her all the way till R city as my office is in Vikroli but what the hell, lets do it.

Made her get on and dropped her till R city in Mulund, on the way she told me about how her children don't care about her, how she is just sitting at home all day and no one even talks to her, how she has 2 sons who are married but have moved out and don't bother to even see her etc etc. Her daughter is still single and lives with her but she too does not care two hoots about anything related to her, shouts and yells at her for everything and anything. She was so petite, had no confidence left and seemed like someone who had no go in life but wait for death to come.

Dropped her to Mulund and felt like dropping her children out of this planet. Bid her farewell and gave her my number and asked her to call me if ever in life things go even more south.

To put things in a little perspective, someone threw me out of their life because they wanted to live with me after we got married and make sure I left my parents and her and me lived an independent life which meant a separate house etc etc. Me being the only son could not fathom that and infact since she was a single daughter too, I wanted her parents and my parents too to live along with us and have a big family and have fun together.My Mom knows about the this and she keeps telling me 'U can leave us if you want, we'll manage' and that statement itself makes me hate whoever wants me to get away from my parents.

Meeting this Grandmom and listening to her story made me flash so many things in front of my eyes that I was tearing up the entire way to work.

Last edited by humyum : 19th January 2016 at 17:45.
humyum is offline   (42) Thanks
Old 21st January 2016, 22:00   #373
BHPian

NICE Road turns into horror flick as the darkness blazes the night sky. It's difficult to distinguish if it's humans or zombies that are smoking rubber on these nightly stretches. On one of my recent rides, noticed a stranded Ritz with blinkers on and the driver, a middle aged person sweating profusely, was desperate to replace the deflated tyre. I parked my bike and enquired about the status. He was glad but bewildered as he never knew how to fix it. Using a faintly lit cellphone as a light source he had put the jack at wrong place and trying desperately for 20 minutes to raise the car. I helped him fix it in a jiffy and he couldn't stop thanking me.

Right about the time we were parting, a swift pulled over and a fairly younger dude with a ashen look on his face got out of his car. I was glad there are good Samaritans and we told him everything is fine. But to our surprise, he was driving on his deflated tyre for close to 20 kms. To our dismay the alloy bolt couldn't be removed with the standard tools. There was no way to fix it without professional help. The weather had turned hostile and started to drizzle. The middle aged person told me that he would accompany the younger dude to the exit and find help. I wished them good luck and continued my ride. As the drizzle turned into shower I felt a warm feeling inside, it's wonderful how a bad day can be turned into an amazing day by serving fellow humans.
doxinboy is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 21st January 2016, 23:32   #374
BHPian

Humanity can neither be created nor destroyed, but can be transformed from one human being to another!!

Last edited by gabrielthomas : 21st January 2016 at 23:38.
gabrielthomas is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2016, 00:01   #375
BHPian

This incident happened in November last year. I was coming back from college with a friend and 10 minutes away from home I saw a tyre burst (in the car I was following). This man was doing good speed but handled the situation well by slowly and steadily taking the car off the road. I saw a man in his 70s come out from the car and pulled over to offer help. He denied initially but soon we had started changing the tyre. Jacked up the vehicle, removed 4 nuts, took out the spare, mounted it. And happily I started finding and locking the wheel nuts one by one, which I had kept on the road around the jack. One, tighten, two, tighten, three, tighten, four, where is it!?. A mild drizzle had started by this time and I was becoming restless. Searched all around the area, on the road, in the cabin, in the boot and in our pockets but the nut was nowhere to be found. The uncle said that he would drive with 3 nuts, but I insisted on having all 4. Searched again for a good 5-7 minutes. With all efforts going in vain, I saw my friend with a confused look on his face, and as anyone would have done, blamed him for misplacing the wheel nut. After a lot of blame-game arguments, all of us had become restless as that one wheel nut was making us wait as everything else was in place.

By this time, light showers had started and we all were drenched. We had attracted many eyeballs as this was a busy road, and 3 people (crazy looking, wet clothes, finding something, arguing, looking under the car!) with characteristics and behaviour like us in that situation would surely have been entertaining to the public. Another car had pulled over and a man came to us to ask if everything was fine. We told him that we are not able to find one wheel nut and have been searching since long. He looked around a bit but there were no signs of the nut. After having spent more time in finding the lost nut than changing the tyre, I realised that the nut was in my hand along with the spanner. How stupid and absent-minded I was, I had held my hand so tightly that I didn't realise that there was a wheel nut along with the wheel spanner. To avoid becoming the topic of discussion (and laugh) for the next few days in my circle, I kept my fist clenched and sat down near the tyre. Carefully looked around to make sure no one was watching and dropped the nut near the jack, and shouted "Mil gaya. Amit ne rakha hoga!" (Got it. Amit (my friend) would have kept here!).

Secured the wheel, the uncle thanked us and all of us went on our way - with no one ever finding out that I was the one who misplaced the wheel nut!

So this is how I escaped from becoming a fool. Come on, we spent hardly 10 minutes in swapping the tyre and had searched for the missing nut for more than 20 minutes; only to realise that it was in my hand. Sort of a confession but I have a good laugh when I remember the incident.

BTW Amit still thinks that he would have kept the nut there and forgot!

Last edited by swift_guy : 22nd January 2016 at 00:12.
swift_guy is offline   (15) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks