Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 4th July 2019, 16:50   #916
Senior - BHPian

Default Canadian episode

This was over a decade ago when my team was working on a project with a Canadian bank client. One of my colleagues had to travel for a short duration to Toronto and flew down over the weekend. This colleague was from Punjab, and not married - both very important for the next part

She landed at the airport, got through the immigration and baggage sections and caught a taxi to her hotel. Turned out the driver was a slightly aged Punjabi who very quickly realized his customer was also from the same state as him. And throughout the entire journey started a conversation that ranged from him giving details about his history (and his family's transition to Canaaaida) to questions to her about her hometown, family and work. Him being a fatherly figure, my colleague didn't feel any concern giving her details and had a nice long conversation; and very soon they were about to reach her hotel when the conversation took a funny turn.

He started talking about his son for whom they were actively looking for a girl for some time and he wanted to push the case with my colleague!!! The poor girl did not at all foresee this and was at a loss for words. She feebly said no saying she already had a boyfriend and would be living in India only. She quickly exited the taxi asking the fare, to which he refused saying 'apno sae kya paise lena' (translation: who takes money from one's close ones/family) and shared his contact details reiterating her to reconsider his 'offer' of marriage over the time she's there, saying he was more than ok initiating the conversation with her parents.

Needless to say, that never happened!

Last edited by ninjatalli : 4th July 2019 at 16:52.
ninjatalli is offline   (7) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2019, 14:24   #917
BHPian

Default Re: Unusual / funny / heartwarming experiences on the road

Spotted this Nano rooftop garden in Cubbon Park, Bengaluru today. Seeing this for the first time.

Unusual / funny / heartwarming experiences on the road-nano-garden-1.jpg

Unusual / funny / heartwarming experiences on the road-nano-garden-2.jpg
silvercloud is offline   Reply With Quote