Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2013, 21:32   #91
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Unusual / funny / heartwarming experiences on the road

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
I'm shocked that such weirdos even exist! Throwing money even without arguing much about anything - first time I came across such a cash-rich nutcase on a bike. I guess he just wanted to avoid the trouble due to no license, non-KA vehicle and all that. Bizarreness to the core!
This was really an unexpected ending to such an incident, I can't remember myself or anyone else experiencing a 'happy' end like this
Though I sympathise with the biker for losing Rs.2k (since there was no actual damage), he definitely was at fault for riding the vehicle without papers and driving license, so maybe it's Even Stevens!
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2013, 23:32   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

Spot the driver on the bike!

Unusual / funny / heartwarming experiences on the road-photo0034.jpg
arun_josie is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th July 2013, 16:48   #93
Senior - BHPian

Paking Level :: Genius!

I had to quite literally squeeze my bike (Fz) next to this Scooty.

Sure enough, later saw a lady riding away on the same
Attached Thumbnails
Unusual / funny / heartwarming experiences on the road-1009436_10151575026893031_1222381973_o.jpg  

Old 12th July 2013, 17:22   #94
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
Paking Level ::
Sure enough, later saw a lady riding away on the same
Hope she didn't scratch your ride or the bullet next to it in the process.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2013, 14:33   #95
Senior - BHPian

An unusual experience a few days back:

Me and my wife were returning in the evening from Aundh to Chandni Chowk. On the road in front of the Banjara hills. There was a slow moving truck in the right lane, so we moved to the left lane and started overtaking him. Out of the blue a biker overtook us from the left, in tearing hurry. Immediately behind him an indicab taxi came flashing lights and honking away to glory. I mean he was not patient enough to even wait till I had overtook the truck on the right. The moment we cleared the truck, the cab overtook us from the right at full speed leaving the truck behind him to brake hard and curse him for cutting in front of the truck. At the junction (the road to Garden court/Ambrosia resort) which was a few hundred meters away the indicab guys caught up with the biker and forced him to stop by pushing him towards the divider. Not a moment to soon, some 4-5 burly mean looking guys jumped out of the Indicab and started beating the biker black and blue. Some bystanders also joined the group now and tried to separate the men. All this happened in front of atleast some 20-30 bystanders, 15-20 bikes and cars and the truck at the junction where all the roads meet.

We did slow down, but by now since already some 10-20 people were involved in the melee, we did not try to find out what the matter was. We searched for a policeman nearby but we didn't find any beat marshals (on police motorcycles) at the time (~8.00pm) (Don't know where they disappear when you need them the most ) We left the matter there because there were already too many people involved in it and all looked like thugs. Scoured the newspapers for any news of the incident but there was none.

Last edited by W.A.G.7 : 23rd July 2013 at 14:35.
W.A.G.7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2013, 22:06   #96
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

I found it very funny when I saw India's latest sheep carrier. This was past Ramanagaram on the Mysore Road

Unusual / funny / heartwarming experiences on the road-pb-172.jpg

Cheers

KPS
KPS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2013, 23:03   #97
BHPian

This happened day before yesterday. I had parked my car near Munirka market (in front of Slice of Italy) at around 5:30pm & was waiting inside. It would've been about 5-7 mins when a biker stopped next to me & started honking. I looked at him expecting him to tell me to move my car so that he could park so I casually lowered the window to hear what he had to say & it was then I realized that he was a traffic cop.

He opened his helmet visor and just nodded at me (to get me to move my car) & left. I did so immediately. As I went on ahead, I witnessed a MASSIVE Traffic Police drive ongoing, where they were issuing challans to improperly parked vehicles & to stop line violators at the signal. I thanked my stars and the noble soul who guided me.
JustCause is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st August 2013, 14:38   #98
Senior - BHPian

Autorickshaw drivers push a broken down autorickshaw with their left feet. But for the first time, I saw somebody doing it on bikes. I overtook them once. At the next hump, the helmetless biker overtook me first. Then the towing service guy overtook me. And they got in front of my car and continued the towing service:
Unusual / funny / heartwarming experiences on the road-30072013021.jpg
rohanjf is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2013, 23:36   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCause View Post
This happened day before yesterday. I had parked my car near Munirka market (in front of Slice of Italy) at around 5:30pm & was waiting inside. It would've been about 5-7 mins when a biker stopped next to me & started honking. I looked at him expecting him to tell me to move my car so that he could park so I casually lowered the window to hear what he had to say & it was then I realized that he was a traffic cop.

He opened his helmet visor and just nodded at me (to get me to move my car) & left. I did so immediately. As I went on ahead, I witnessed a MASSIVE Traffic Police drive ongoing, where they were issuing challans to improperly parked vehicles & to stop line violators at the signal. I thanked my stars and the noble soul who guided me.
Talk about being lucky. I attended Jamboree's GMAT sessions at Munirka for 6 weeks and at the risk of my car used to dillegently park at the parking provided under the flyover. Once I looked for 25 minutes and could not find a spot and was forced to park my car with other cars on the road. When I came back my car was gone. Post that I used to park at vasant vihar and take a rick from there.
AbhishekB86 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2013, 12:16   #100
BHPian

Two weeks back while I was waiting at a T-junction, I saw a brand new Indica with bonnet ribbons intact approaching the junction. The entire family was in there, excited about their new car, with the driver/owner being extra careful at the wheels and a bit nervous as we all are during the first drive of our brand new car. Being a tight section without any traffic control system, all three roads were waiting to move and the bus at the other side started honking. Being a brand new car, the guy was a bit too nervous, and seeing this, I decided to back-off. Luckily there were no vehicles behind me, so I slotted in reverse and moved my car backwards and gestured him to make a move. As the car passed, everyone in the car was smiling and thanking me. Made my day! And probably their's as well

Last edited by jayded : 10th August 2013 at 12:19.
jayded is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 10th August 2013, 12:29   #101
Senior - BHPian

I was on my way to work this rainy morning. I pass this section where there all the outstation private buses arrive. After this part, there is a 1.5 km stretch with no shops/ buildings till the next signal.

A cop in uniform (regular, not traffic) was standing near one of the private buses, asking for a lift. So I pulled my Nano over such, but with the momentum I went a bit ahead, such that he was near the rear bumper. I honked a couple of times, but he looked at my Nano and then looked back at oncoming traffic. Then I thought of reversing, but till then he had stopped a biker.

The cop hopped on as pillion rider on the bike and off they went. So I took off after them and at the next signal stopped right next to the bike. I rolled down my window and asked the cop why he did not climb in when I had stopped for him.
He looked so confused and then just mumbled that he did not expect a car to stop for him and that he thought I stopped for something else.

Anyway, a thumbs up each way and a couple of smiles and we went our ways.
selfdrive is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 21st August 2013, 23:13   #102
Distinguished - BHPian

A kid playing inside the boot of i10,

Unusual / funny / heartwarming experiences on the road-boot_i10optimized.jpg

Here a teen inside the boot of alto,

Unusual / funny / heartwarming experiences on the road-boot_altooptimized.jpg
Old 22nd August 2013, 00:03   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCause View Post
Most of the times that I have seen/experienced, the cops would ask the car to be moved out if there is somebody behind the wheel/sometimes if somebody is in the car. Once my wife was waiting in the car when I had got down to buy something. A cop had come and asked my wife to move the car and she promptly called me in my mobile. When I came to the car, the sergeant was polite in asking the car to be moved and also asked me not to park there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
Autorickshaw drivers push a broken down autorickshaw with their left feet. But for the first time, I saw somebody doing it on bikes. I overtook them once.
Attachment 1119886
Surprised that you haven't seen such a thing before. It's such a common site (at least here in Chennai). Once when I was working in Pune, my bike went out of petrol and my roomie (who is an expert in towing) helped in towing the bike back home - Hope I don't get infraction for this.
Mods: It was actually middle of the night and we had no other option but this.
Old 1st September 2013, 13:41   #104
BHPian

No back-to-back posts and use 'multi-quote' option in such cases

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever View Post
I sat down, buckled my seat belt and was about to move, when the constable comes back, and gives me one of the Rs. 100 note i gave him. I started wondering whether it was torn and he wants a replacement. He says 100 is enough, go. I was speechless, but left grinning!
I think more in 'vadivelu terms'. He must've been thinking you were filming him using the reverse camera. So he wanted to create an impression that he's returned the money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karpusv View Post
And then I got chill in my bones again!
The Navigation screen that usually shows the blue line (that you follow) along with the arrow pointer, became cranky. The blue line vanished and the Pointer Arrow started rotating in all directions, jumping off screen and reappearing again.

This time as my wife asked me 'Why', I was speechless.

I have no clue as to how this happened. Not sure if anybody else experienced something similar.
I had a similar experience but then i attributed that to low memory on the phone but even after clearing space the same thing happened the pointer rotates and asks me to take a u turn to head to my intended destination. Never found much time to experiment as i'm off the long drives and into long rides..

Last edited by noopster : 2nd September 2013 at 12:31.
Old 3rd September 2013, 14:15   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
My mirrors are completely secured with 3M's paint protection film, so no scratches are possible to put on it anyway. Also, the Punto's mirrors when hit will just turn around to the other side. All I actually had to do was turn it back into the locking position in the centre.

I still wanted to discipline this guy and got out of the car, went to him, showed him the 'bent' mirror (turned in the opposite direction) and blasted him on how his careless driving caused me heartache and expenses for no fault of mine. He was in formals, looked like a usual techie returning from office. He apologized immediately, to which I hurled some more lectures on how he can just stay patient instead of squeezing, blah blah. I told him casually to either pay up 3k for the mirror replacement damages or I will report his offense to the traffic police. He said his bike was non-KA registered, and he didn't have any license, plus the bike was his relative's apparently. Wonder of wonders. See what kind of riders we have here. They commute to and from office on a bike which doesn't belong to them, and they have no license or papers. Wonderful!

I was about to just end the lecture and go back to the car, hoping he had learnt a lesson. What he did next amazed me totally! He pulled out a couple of 1000 Rupee notes from his wallet, apologized for the damages, asked me to keep that for the repair expenses and let him go *ROFL*. The signal went green meanwhile and traffic started moving. I walked back to the Punto, turned back the unharmed mirror to its locking position, put the 2000 bucks into my pocket and went home a happier and richer man! Thanks dude, whoever you are. I just enjoyed a wholesome dinner at Barbeque nation with my family yesternight, thanks to your contribution!

I'm shocked that such weirdos even exist! Throwing money even without arguing much about anything - first time I came across such a cash-rich nutcase on a bike. I guess he just wanted to avoid the trouble due to no license, non-KA vehicle and all that. Bizarreness to the core!
Appreciate you sharing it over here.
Sorry, but I think your action was even far weirder than the "wierdo" as you put. I rather feel bad for the biker. Agree that it was his all his mistake, but that doesn't entitle you to fleece anyone like this. If you were serious about teaching him rules or his faults, you should have taken him to the nearest police station or report the issue to the BTP. Inspite of him being apologetic for his act, you were happy enough to take the money from him, fully aware of the fact that there is no damage to your car whatsoever, and yet call him wierdo, bizzare, cash-rich nutcase?? How weird is that?

Perhaps, your luck and good time was that the biker was a sane person. Perhaps you were even more confident as it was a non-KA bike. What if the person were any of those typical hoodlums with a helmet on? Instead of the happy family dinner with your 2k booty, you might have wounded up in an orthopaedic ward.

Think over it. How indifferent were you from any of those infamous muggers on Bangalore roads?

Quite unbecoming of you and a D-Bhpian!

Last edited by jeeva : 3rd September 2013 at 14:23.
jeeva is offline   (18) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks