Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2024, 18:26   #1276
BHPian

Re: Unusual / funny / heartwarming experiences on the road

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
Does this mean you are not rotating your tyres? I assume you send your car for service every year, and the service centre honestly does the job of rotation.
Not all service centres around here do tyre rotation UNLESS you compel them to do! I've faced this with my previous Ford also.

But I doubt even tyre rotation would've helped my situation - the lugnuts on XUV5OO are like both sides open-ended doughnut type, unlike seen on many other cars with only inward portion with screw-head and outward portion sealed off. Hence dust gets in quite easy.
KrisTvpm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th February 2024, 11:13   #1277
tud
BHPian

And the award for "I hate my job" / "I don't care" goes to Kun BMW Chennai.

I only hope that the BMW owner has no OCD for symmetry. The owner plonked 80 to 90 big ones and Kun BMW Chennai screws up (literally) with license plate mounting and that too with a rivet.

The driver was zipping on GST Road but had to do with a shoddy license plate job. Event a supermarket's fruit sale poster is pasted with better sense.

Unusual / funny / heartwarming experiences on the road-img_8017-4.jpg

Unusual / funny / heartwarming experiences on the road-img_8017-3.jpg
tud is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th February 2024, 11:45   #1278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicor View Post
Tipping Isn't Always the Answer: A Different Look at Offering Help

So, join the movement! Look for opportunities to lend a hand, be it offering directions, carrying groceries, or simply listening with a kind heart. Together, we can rewrite the narrative and make helping others a cherished act of connection, not just a transactional exchange.
Valid observation. The dynamics and social norms in rural or small-town settings often differ significantly from those found in urban areas. In tight-knit communities, there's a strong appreciation for kindness and assistance, as they contribute to a sense of belonging and mutual support.

However, based on my own experiences living in cities, where interactions tend to be more transient and varied, people often approach kindness with caution or skepticism. Higher prevalence of scams, crime, and exploitation, drive people to be more cautious when someone is overly nice or helpful. I've personally been surprised by people's reactions on numerous occasions. The prevailing emphasis on individualism, often promoted in the guise of empowerment, can also play a role in shaping how acts of kindness are perceived. It's a sign of the times that something as simple as holding a door open for a stranger, particularly someone of the opposite sex, can be misinterpreted as unwanted attention or even harassment. Add he/she/they/them and the rest to the equation to complicate matters further.

Last edited by jeeva : 16th February 2024 at 11:49.
jeeva is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th February 2024, 13:30   #1279
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeva View Post
It's a sign of the times that something as simple as holding a door open for a stranger, particularly someone of the opposite sex, can be misinterpreted as unwanted attention or even harassment. Add he/she/they/them and the rest to the equation to complicate matters further.
Reminds me of an incident when I was in Bangalore. I was exiting a Supermarket after grocery shopping and was walking towards my bike and nearby a Wagon R was parked with a lady in the passenger seat. Nobody was there in the driver seat and all the windows were rolled up. I noticed the front passenger side tire was almost flat and tried to gesture her pointing towards the tire. She didn't seem to understand the gesture and I gestured again to roll down the window to alert her and Lo! I was returned with the dirtiest of the looks from her as if I gestured something rude and proceeded to look away from me.

It was a sad incident because had I had the time, I would have bought a pack of popcorn from the same supermarket and sat nearby to watch them change the tire. I was from the same locality, it was late evening and I knew 2 facts

1. Puncture shop on the opposite side will be closing any minute now
2. Nearest puncture shop was atleast 1 km away and involved crossing the Outer Ring Road

Last edited by man_of_steel : 16th February 2024 at 13:38.
man_of_steel is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2024, 20:16   #1280

This morning, I was driving from Chennai to Kumily. It was around 3 am, I was somewhere near Athur toll plaza (Tindivanam). If I am correct , would have just crossed 99 km stone/Haritham restaurant. It was a straight, deserted road and I was cruising at around 120 KMPH. My wife and kids were asleep. In a split second, I saw two long, white legs, just two legs, dodging my vehicle and crossing the road, inches away from my bonnet. I swayed to the left side to avoid a crash and escaped. But what bothers me till now is, I just saw two long legs and nothing else. My eyes could not capture anything above the legs. Hallucination? Or paranormal or? Its sending shivers through my spine even now .
madrasilemon is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th March 2024, 06:34   #1281
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madrasilemon View Post
...two long, white legs, just two legs...
This thread is for heartwarming incidents.

The kind of heart chilling experience that you had, go in here.

Please trawl through the thread - you may be able to locate there the rest of the parts associated with those long, white legs!!!

dailydriver is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 25th March 2024, 20:54   #1282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madrasilemon View Post
But what bothers me till now is, I just saw two long legs and nothing else. My eyes could not capture anything above the legs. Hallucination? Or paranormal or? Its sending shivers through my spine even now .
Could be some reflection? I have been fooled by reflections before.
Old 25th March 2024, 22:02   #1283
BHPian

This is a funny experience I had few years ago.
My friend and I were going to college on my bike, he was sitting as a pillion and it was raining lightly.

Road to our college was a single road which was scenic during rainy season but was also challenging to drive a d ride.

While we were around 1 km from college, 2 girls riding scooty were in front of us and suddenly they imbalanced because of uneven road surface and slippery road and they fell down.

We stopped as they were around 50mts away from us and my friend who always has good intentions got down and took his water bottle to one of the girls and said please drink some water. The lady did not take it positively and in anger yelled at my friend I don't want it.

The moment I heard it I started laughing and my friend came back sat on the bike and told me let's go. I laughed almost entire day and teased my friend for that.
Draunzer21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2024, 18:50   #1284
Distinguished - BHPian

"Bachpan ka pyaar" song playing in the Ranchi to Darbhanga bus horn though the driver appears to be in a tearing hurry to overtake :-

The original song:-

anjan_c2007 is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks