Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2006, 18:24   #1
BHPian

The inevitable finally happened..

Hey guys, After almost a month owning my NHC Vtec, this incident happened just yesterday while driving back home.. My car is standstill in a traffic signal, a car comes from behind and bangs me at the back.. :WTF:before I realise it, the signal goes green.. oops.. the buys driver beside me tells me "Nothing happened, carry on", I'm already frustrated, I don't want to be a nusance blocking the traffic.. I just drive a bit further towards left to park and check, the other person (what do you call him/her) drives away.. well can't imagine how frustrated I was.. The traffic police is infront of me, but is a mute spectator.. well, atleast for courtesy sake, the other driver doesn't stop and talk or what ever.. Damn.. it was a horrible day..
Old 26th April 2006, 19:15   #2
BHPian

Oh dude...that must be a pathetic feeling
I know you must have wanted to do something such that that guy feels the lights around him dimming and the sound buzzing...

Hope you get to do it someday...
Old 26th April 2006, 19:22   #3
Senior - BHPian

Been there. In my case it was State Transport bus.
After a while you'll get over it. Don't worry.
Old 26th April 2006, 20:20   #4
Senior - BHPian

I'm sorry for U and ur baby.

But, i'd just say this is a residential hazard in our country.:(
Old 26th April 2006, 20:48   #5
BHPian

3 times in the past 1 year in Pune ! Bikers want to autograph the back bumper on my Esteem when I commit the mortal sin of stopping at a red light!

The last time this happened to me I was actually standing at a red light for over 30 seconds, infact, I was changing the CD in my CD player when suddenly WHAM ... I look up into the RVM and there's a Splendor standing up bolt straight on its front wheel !

It didn't look like the rider could continue his circus act too much longer and I didn't want my car to be his safety net, so I gingerly moved forward a few feet so that he could fall "peacefully" behind me. The light turned green meanwhile, so, I crossed the signal and stopped a few feet ahead.

I was pleasantly surprised when the biker came and parked behind me instead of dashing off, but I was still pissed off cuz my baby's bumper was scarred ...
so I started yelling at him for riding so fast that 1 Km of road and a minimum of 30 seconds was not enough for him to stop ... he didn't show any sign of remorse and didn't even bat an eyelid ... so I thought I would scare him a bit and so I said "Chalo police station"

He just looked at me with a dead pan expression and said "Aarey, mein police he hoon, kuch damage nahin hua, na ? Jaane do ... "

Now what could I reply to that ??? For some reason I just found the whole thing hilarious and burst out laughing ... just got back in and drove away !
Old 26th April 2006, 20:52   #6
Senior - BHPian

LOL..thats nice.
Sorry for ur car, nutin worse than someone ramming into ur new car.
Old 26th April 2006, 22:02   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laxminarayan
Hey guys, After almost a month owning my NHC Vtec, this incident happened just yesterday while driving back home.. My car is standstill in a traffic signal, a car comes from behind and bangs me at the back
Sorry to know this. Hope the damage was not extensive.
We all have gone through this and it is a sickening feeling especially if it happens with a new car.
Dont worry though... time heals. You will get over it.

All the best. Heck... We all need it.
Old 27th April 2006, 08:00   #8
BHPian

Thanks for all those words guys.. yes, as you ppl say, it's the pathetic feeling for a day or two and then you get along.. the only complaint that I had was, he was not even courteous to stop and have a look.. hmmm... anyways.. getting away with it..
Old 27th April 2006, 09:59   #9
BHPian

Hey hope the car was not damaged. Happens all the time... especially with two wheelers.

Most Viewed