Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2006, 23:19   #1
BHPian

Ford ikon 1.6 totaled..my brother's

well my cousin brother..who stays with me left for jaipur in the morning..halfway down the road..a milk van speeding out of a village..came right in front of them and thus they went straight in at 120 km/h..though he says they fully braked and he pulled the handbrake too..but there was no way to avoid..
luckily no car was coming behind them..there were 4 people in the car..all are safe..minor injuries to my cousin and the passenger...the front two people survived as they both were wearing seat-belts..otherwise i would not like to think about the consequences.
they took a taxi and got back to delhi..the car is on its way to harpreet ford for claims by crane..
as of now..its most probably declared a 'total-loss' as the car is of 2001 model..
any suggestions/help to help us claim it...or make it a 'total-loss' as the market price is less than the damage cost..

so its preffered to make it a 'total-loss' condition...

Old 2nd May 2006, 23:36   #2
Senior - BHPian

Jeez!! Thats bad alright. Its just God's grace than that ur cousin bro survived and everyone elz are safe.

Things like this just have to happen, no matter what!
Old 2nd May 2006, 23:51   #3
Senior - BHPian

HOLY CRAP>>> Jeez man... Karthik is Right... Glad that everyone walked away from that..

SEAT-BELT-ZINDAABAD!!

hope you got that milk van bugger sealed up nice and proper!!

Last edited by kb100 : 2nd May 2006 at 23:52.
Old 2nd May 2006, 23:59   #4
BHPian

yeah.. they filed a police complaint..theyve captured the van..but the driver got away...
Old 3rd May 2006, 00:06   #5
BHPian

That's a horrible crash. Thank god all are safe. Rest assured the van driver was without license.

Deepu
Old 3rd May 2006, 00:08   #6
Senior - BHPian

No use in all this Police stuff..Unless u have lots of time to run arnd these guys for nutin! In return, they could make you pay for some cr@p
Old 3rd May 2006, 00:19   #7
BHPian

yeah thats what... we've left it all alone....its just the claim part now..if anyone can suggest / help us with what we can do please tell!
Old 3rd May 2006, 00:22   #8
BHPian

Ouch1
that's one gut wrenching sight......amazing that everyone got away unhurt!!!!! only makes the case for seatbelts stronger (still know some people who think theyre pointless)
Old 3rd May 2006, 00:31   #9
Senior - BHPian

Few years back there was a split Ikon in the news. Sadly the occupants were in critical condition and three died. This is also a high speed crash and the car was able to sustain the crash. THANK GOD all of them in this car are safe and far from critical. The seatbelts really helped.
Old 3rd May 2006, 00:44   #10
BHPian

Vtec. Glad to hear your bro is ok. Man the car is waste!!!
But regards your query, then if the cost of repairs is more than the cost of car as of now.. i don't think u'll have trouble writing it off.

Drive safe
Old 3rd May 2006, 00:45   #11
BHPian

seatbelts DO SAVE LIVES ... i just hope this serves as an example

a classic example of what happens on the typical indian highway ... really very unfortunate !!

alas im afraid accedents or near accidents due to an unexpected van/truck/cattle/bullock cart coming out of the nearby village happen on a daily basis somewhere on our highways ... its really very sad

Last edited by Fiero : 3rd May 2006 at 00:54.
Old 3rd May 2006, 00:46   #12
Team-BHP Support

ouch . . . what happened to the mild van? going by the past recoirds of accidents happened in ikons, you're cousin and the other passengers are really fortunate as there has been a death in each case.

manson.
Old 3rd May 2006, 00:51   #13
BHPian

Thank god & seatbelts that your bro & co passengers are safe you should get total loss claim make sure you get the copy of FIR from the police it will be required when you claim for total loss in my case it was required when i met with an similar accident & it was totalled unfortunately it was also an IKON !
Old 3rd May 2006, 00:56   #14
aZa
Senior - BHPian

V.tec!!! Damn watta crash man ... the car loox totalled!! Glad to hear everyone survived
Old 3rd May 2006, 00:57   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon
Few years back there was a split Ikon in the news. Sadly the occupants were in critical condition and three died. This is also a high speed crash and the car was able to sustain the crash. THANK GOD all of them in this car are safe and far from critical. The seatbelts really helped.
I have some pics of that horrible accident as a reminder of what reckless, high-speed driving can do. A kid (I think he was 16) wrapped his Ikon around a street lamp on Worli Sea Face. As far as I can remember he died instantly but the others survived, though with very serious injuries. Shudder every time I see those pics!

Googled, and here's what I found. Has a pic too--gruesome! http://www.mid-day.com/news/city/2003/july/58015.htm

- Ivor

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks