Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2013, 23:20   #16
BHPian

Re: Funny "Traffic Awareness" Video from Gujarat : Must watch!

That is an old video. It really isn't funny. It's pathetic the way they drive on the roads. They say change yourself before pointing to others' mistakes. I changed, but it made no difference.

It is survival of the baddest on our city roads. Tail gate, push, shove, get into gaps, honk for time pass, flash lights, drive in any direction - straight, reverse, diagonal, horizontal without caring or stopping for other traffic, drive on high beam with all 4 (or even 6) lights, drive without any lights, take a turning without indication, bump into other vehicles and run away or blame it on you, engage in road rage without provocation, overtake when it is bloody dangerous, basically drive like they don't care for their lives (or anyone elses).

You either adapt to this aggressiveness or get stressed with all the bullying every time you take out your vehicle - that's the choice our roads have to offer.

Sometimes I really wish the world runs out of petrol so I don't have to deal with these idiots ever again. But then that'd open a whole new can of aggressiveness again. Whatever.

And nobody seems to be talking about this in the mainstream politics or media. How can they NOT be ashamed of this uncivilized behavior?

Last edited by hellmet : 30th January 2013 at 23:28.
Old 31st January 2013, 08:39   #17
Senior - BHPian

Wonderful video showing the sad state of affairs on Indian roads and not just limited to Vadodara but to every Metro and fast growing Tier 2/3 cities. Good satire highlighting the inability of the traffic police to enforce law and citizens making merry of it. No need of any Gujarati to feel remorse about the video, they should be proud to take the first step to videograph the plight on the roads.

Shocked to see children stuffed like animals in the cage called rickshaw, highly deplorable for the future generation. I guess people in such cities will have to become Hancock to cross the roads.

IMO this video should be aired at every Multiplex screens in every city before the start of the movie (after National Anthem ofcourse)
ghodlur is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st February 2013, 14:10   #18
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
That is an old video. It really isn't funny. It's pathetic the way they drive on the roads. They say change yourself before pointing to others' mistakes. I changed, but it made no difference.
So, did you change back?

Curious because its important that the converts remain converts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
You either adapt to this aggressiveness or get stressed with all the bullying every time you take out your vehicle - that's the choice our roads have to offer. ..
Easier said than done, but the third option is to maintain your cool.
Old 2nd February 2013, 20:02   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
So, did you change back?

Curious because its important that the converts remain converts.
When driving my car, I keep to my lane and drive slow and sane for as long as I can keep my cool (during which I forgive fellow road-user's mistakes). I usually lose my cool at about 90% into my 21km commute, but I try to not endanger anyone on the road. My reaction on losing my cool is to honk excessively at anyone's slightest mistake.

On my bike it is a different story for car owners think I'm invisible and keep pushing me away from my lane (I usually stick to the middle lane's right or left paint line), either from behind or from the sides. Again I try my best to be a sane driver.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Easier said than done, but the third option is to maintain your cool.
Very hard on Begumpet road (Hyderabad).

Metro construction has started on Begumpet and has started showing nightmares already. God save me!
hellmet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2013, 15:35   #20
BHPian

Sadly this is the state of most of the cities in India.

Even in Bangalore , riding the wrong way is now become a norm at most places.

Most Viewed