Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2006, 09:26   #16
Team-BHP Support

Maybe they should jail the parents as well!
Old 15th May 2006, 10:25   #17
BHPian

The problem is with us. We see a crime committed. We say it is a crime. We criticise the criminal. Then when the criminal escapes the law, we say "This is India. This was bound to happen".
It is possible that the wrong-doer got away because of contacts. But if someone does not raise his voice against this wrong-doing, things will go on as it is. There is strength in numbers. Alone, one person may not be able to do much against the contacts who helped the guy escape, but a group of people are stronger.
One such hot blooded youngster in his daddy's car needs to be punished in spite of his social / political clout. The scenario would start to change.

...that sounds so like a sermon... Anyway...
Old 15th May 2006, 12:36   #18
Senior - BHPian

Yups..Agree with Navin. They should jail the parents as well. Plenty of examples of such rich spoilt kids ripping their parents' expensive (and powerful) cars here in Pune too.
What if the guard was the sole earning member of his family? What did the kids get by ruining someones family forever? And the worst part is, they got down had the b*lls to thrash the guy, inspite of their own mistake! They should be lynched.
Old 16th May 2006, 22:46   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Damn,
that's really sad.
Happens in Mumbai too. I know quite a few people who are underage and think its 'cool' to be racing after having a couple of drinks on a nice empty Marine Drive.
Some of them think its 'cool' to get into minor accidents and tell everyone.
The problem is that parents encourage their children to drive by letting them get licenses made when they are 16, by letting them take the cars out till quite late at night, by giving them excessive money with which they buy smokes and booze and what not, expecting their parents to bail them out.
My dad on the otherhand, after reading about these cases, has told me that i can do whatever i want......
... provided i am not caught by the cops and if i am, its my responsibility and he will not be responsible...
After that, i have completely stopped driving and never done drugs or smokes (try to limit spending so i can spend more on the cars).
But the fact is that most of the people in schools like TISB, Pathways, Ecole Mondiale, Cathedral either drive or smoke and a good 90% of them drink.
And i also know that if they ever get into an acciddent, they will not pick a fight with the injured party unless the injured party raises their hand first.

Last edited by lamborghini : 16th May 2006 at 22:48.
Old 16th May 2006, 23:24   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini
But the fact is that most of the people in schools like TISB, Pathways, Ecole Mondiale, Cathedral either drive or smoke and a good 90% of them drink.
And i also know that if they ever get into an acciddent, they will not pick a fight with the injured party unless the injured party raises their hand first.
TISB? which school is that? And about about DIAS (Dhirubhai) and Bombay Scottish? I hear they are schools for rich kids too?
Old 16th May 2006, 23:41   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

TISB - The international school of Banglore.
I for got to include ASB - Amercian School.

I am not sure of Bombay Scottish (it's the one at Mahim right?) because i do not know many people from there. But those whom i do know don't seem to be as spoilt as people from the above mentioned schools.

DIAS - the school is meant for rich kids but because of their stringent selection process, only the best of the best get in (their average f=grade was 36/42 which puts it in the league of the best IB schools) and one would not assume those people to take things for granted. There are few of them who would but not a majority of the students.

Also,
a major constituent are people who go the famous colleges (mainly commerce stream) like HR and KC and Jai Hind who have already got their own set of wheels at sweet 16.
Old 16th May 2006, 23:48   #22
Jay
BHPian

I still dont get as to why they beat up the guard after he was smashed to the wall by the car. was the Land Cruiser too with these kids during the drive ??? why did he ( PARAS milk whatever... ) beat up the other guard ??? Damn sad, something serious has to be done about such things...

then again it all depends on how people bring up their kids... Parents should be held responsible for such incidents where kids are the guilty party.
Old 16th May 2006, 23:56   #23
BHPian

Quote:
TISB - The international school of Banglore.
I for got to include ASB - Amercian School.

I am not sure of Bombay Scottish (it's the one at Mahim right?) because i do not know many people from there.
yea thats scottish only,i am an ex-student and have been told dozens of stories bout school kids driving(scotti****es)
Old 17th May 2006, 00:39   #24
BHPian

The guard has lost the use of his legs for life
Old 17th May 2006, 10:27   #25
BHPian

Quote:
This is ridiculous.. You are talking as if these kids are doing the world a favour by NOT thrashing the injured , after they injure them by rash driving.

A decent human being will shift the injured to the hospital first..instead of assaulting them...

I would be the first person to thrash these rich kids black and blue if this incident happens in front of me.. what a cheek...you drive illegally , injure people and to top it show your nasty attitude !!

Last edited by w 12 : 17th May 2006 at 10:30.
Old 17th May 2006, 10:35   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandan
yea thats scottish only,i am an ex-student and have been told dozens of stories bout school kids driving(scotti****es)
Has it changed it's name. I see a sign that says Bombay Scottish now. Also I hear a school called Billabong High is full of rich kids too. They have a few campuses in Mumbai (Juhu, Mahim and one more).

I am from St. Marys ICSE Byculla. I would like my son to go there too. Is it spoilt now?

wolf: are you keep track of this? great! Did anyone press charges against the kids?

Last edited by navin : 17th May 2006 at 10:36.
Old 17th May 2006, 11:04   #27
BHPian

I'm following the TOI reports. Today it states that the boys family had talked of compensation of Rs.50,000 to the guard, but the boys father based in Jammu has'nt showed up yet..! The RWA and Guards employers have contributed Rs.1 lakh to his treatment and expenses.
The residents of Richmond park carried out a march to the boys huse, where the landlord assured them of applying preassure on the boy's family to help seek compensation. The Boys grandmother also asked people to stop bothering the boy and asked the police to stop accusing as the boys father will be there shortly to deal with the matter.

" Do you know that the boys threatned, the guards and the residents gathered around their to not take any action as they had ministerial connects and will be free...? "

" The Boys got thrashed by the RWA residents after this warning"

" The Accused has a fake Licence from Jammu and Kashmir, According to school records he is 16"

" His entire life is in ****s now that their has been a case against him, but knowing that he is the rich class he will surely buy his way out and fly to America or UK...and screw his life their..Good Riddance..Hope he never comes back..? "
Old 17th May 2006, 12:16   #28
BHPian

the boys should b chagred with "attempt to murder" and their parents should b charged with "helping in the murder" since they were the ones who allowed the kids 2 drive. also they should b banned from driving forever.

as for the car which was used as a weapon it should b "royally destroyed". shredded publicly.

the way people are bringing up their children is simply pathetic (in most cases).
Old 17th May 2006, 12:22   #29
Team-BHP Support

chill naveen this a car forum and we love cars even if they are not ours.

yes punish the boy and his parents but why the car! :-(
Old 17th May 2006, 18:31   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

W 12,
i meant to say, that people whom i know will have enough sense not to go around beating up people whom they hit.
I didn't mean it that way.
Fake license scam happens everywhere.
Bharat Motor School in Mumbai teaches you driving and gets you a fake license for 2700 bucks (on an esteem/1000). I think action should be taken against these schools first.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks