Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2006, 00:01   #1
Max
BHPian

I saw Accident at thane (photos and video)

Hi,

Today while driving to my office in my honda city, I saw accident happening in front of my eyes. This accident happened at Lodha Paradise - thant at thane biwandi bypass. An tata 407 carrier (I guess its called 407) dwindled / shaken and then suddenly went into deep side ground which was quite muddy !

I immediately stopped my car and rushed to help victims. I immediately went down and started shouting for help. 5 poor guys was stuck in the 407 carrier. Vehicle was totally rounded (tires up side) and was inside mud and water.

Some construction workers around jumped in for help and first off we broke door and took out 3 people including driver. Then forth was taken out of vehicle and finally last guy was still laying in the mud because his leg was stuck and vehicle was all over his leg. Then after much efforts about 10-12 guys (including me) pushed the vehicle upwards and taken guy out.

During the time I brought water for them and one victim call his bro from my cell. Someone also called police and firebriget and and police was on the site within 15 minutes. They rushed 2 injured guys to hospital and then I started moving towards my destination after informing victims brother and vehicle owner that big accident has happen but guys are alive and they are being rushed to hospital by cops.

The vehicle was carrying decoration stuff and lots of bamboos. I think vehicle was overloaded or wheels was not properly aligned, causing vehicle to dwindle and fall off from the road. Thanks god there was lots of mud on left side and there was nothing there, otherwise many more people must have been hurt.

For those who don't know where thane is, its just on the border of Mumbai.

Let me tell ya, It felt great after saving / helping 5 guys

I will publish photos and vidoes in next post.

_max_

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : This topic has been moved to the appropriate section.

We thank you for your thread, and would appreciate you taking the effort to post in the correct section.

Last edited by tsk1979 : 13th May 2006 at 04:55.
Old 13th May 2006, 00:03   #2
Max
BHPian

Here is the link to videos

http://www.mahinder.com/linkedimages.../accident1.3gp
http://www.mahinder.com/linkedimages.../accident2.3gp
http://www.mahinder.com/linkedimages.../accident3.3gp

Last edited by Max : 13th May 2006 at 00:16.
Old 13th May 2006, 00:07   #3
Senior - BHPian

Nice act dude, wish all the people would be helpful like u guys..
Was the truck overloaded or was it speeding??? Anyways, good that everyone are shaken but alive!
Old 13th May 2006, 00:10   #4
BHPian

Kudos

Great work Max!!! Mumbai needs more good Samaritans like you. With accidents like these sometimes even a few minutes can mean he difference between life and death for someone....
Old 13th May 2006, 00:11   #5
Team-BHP Support

nice work there max, wonder when will these tempos/trucks stop getting overloaded. on steep hills one can actually see a few of them barely crawl due to the load they carry.

manson.
Old 13th May 2006, 00:13   #6
BHPian

thats was an awesome initiative Max .. quite an example of responsiblity
Old 13th May 2006, 00:15   #7
Max
BHPian

Here is the link to videos

http://www.mahinder.com/linkedimages.../accident1.3gp
http://www.mahinder.com/linkedimages.../accident2.3gp
http://www.mahinder.com/linkedimages.../accident3.3gp
Old 13th May 2006, 00:15   #8
Senior - BHPian

Nice work max..

Cheers,
Mugen_Power.
Old 13th May 2006, 00:23   #9
BHPian

Nice work MAX. Atleast you bothered to stop your car and, felt like doing something for the poor people.
Old 13th May 2006, 00:32   #10
BHPian

Well done dude. Yes you must be feeling really satisfied that you did your best to help the poor victims.

When the tail of the tempo (specially 407/709) is overloaded, such accidents happen. I had witnessed one myself which was not so dangerous as the one mentioned by you.

I was on my way back from Daman to Mumbai via NH 8, when I saw a 407 tempo which was ahead of me (say about 200 mts) suddenly turned to its left on seeing the turn going towards Thane (near Chinchoti, Vasai).
I could actually see the tempo on two wheels with its entire exaust pipe exposed . Luckily it went and rested on another tempo sideways.
Due to the support of the other tempo's body, it came back to its four wheels....or it would have fallen flat on the road, crushing the poor passengers waiting for S.T. buses on the highway.
Huh these drivers, for a few bucks they risk so many lives.

Once again, great job buddy!!!

az
Old 13th May 2006, 00:34   #11
Max
BHPian

also, I saw some diesel falling out from vehicles tank. It was very scary to see people inside and diesel falling from tank. Thanks god nothing happen and vehicle did not caught any fire. Sai baba saved all guys
Old 13th May 2006, 01:13   #12
Senior - BHPian

Really appreciate you helping those people out. Wish more motorists were like you. Well done. Cheers to you mate.

Drifter
Old 13th May 2006, 08:26   #13
Senior - BHPian

Nice job dude.......
Old 13th May 2006, 11:00   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
also, I saw some diesel falling out from vehicles tank. It was very scary to see people inside and diesel falling from tank. Thanks god nothing happen and vehicle did not caught any fire. Sai baba saved all guys
Om Sai Ram on that

Good job bro... very few will do what you did

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks