Team-BHP - My car apparently invites ppl to race me!!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Street Experiences (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/)
-   -   My car apparently invites ppl to race me!! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/13284-my-car-apparently-invites-ppl-race-me.html)

Hey guys, just to explain the scenario, my friend n i were gonna go to PVR Saket to catch the movie Pink Panther (which btw is hillarious, sorry am a fan of slapstick comedy n i love steve martin) when a maroon coloured palio 1.6 with twin exhausts cut in infront of me!

Now if you all have seen my swift, its a modified ride, with a nice free flow exhaust!, so in no intention to race the dude, i overtake him at hardly a speed of 60! and mind you this is durin day time with a good flow of traffic, the palio guy obviously tryin to smoke me overtook me by literally swerving infront of me, and if it wasnt for my friends warning who saw this guy commin from the side mirror,i would not have been able to act immediately. Even with the warning his overtakin was soo reckless, that i was forced to dodge it by swervin very close to a scorpio, because of which i was at the receiving end of some tongue lashing from the scorpio guy!

My question to all is why would someone wanna risk damaging their own ride??? and to all other bhpians who have modified rides, does this happen to you too? ive seriously seen it at times people get into such "josh" by just seein a modified ride!!

All in all my anger was subdued by the movie so thank god for steve martin! lol!

sorry for the length, just felt i had to share!

cheers

Abix

This has happened to a few of our members already.

These punks, wannabe "Dominic Toretto"s just wanna prove that they're faster than U and ur ride.

Someday. they'll be paid for it.

There will always be aggressive drivers and drivers with common sense. On numerous instances I have seen that some drivers in mid range sports cars like the Porche boxster or the Nissan Z, get pissed off when I lane split and get to the front of the stop light. While no sports car can match the initial acceleration of any 600cc+ sports bike, if a car keeps accelerating beyond the speed limit they can catch up. And they do catch up aggressively, give me a cold stare, and it pisses me off. I makes me say.......I am just commuting, not racing on the streets .... dude!!!!...take it easy.....

oh well, the world will never be a perfect place, we just need to share the streets with idiots, and deal with it.

They just live their life quarter mile at a time and for those 30 seconds or less they are free

I go through this EVERYDAY riding to work on my RD350... there's always some little irritating 100cc PI**FA*T that wants to see how fast his bike goes as compared to a 20 year old RD.. I used to entertain them.. but I realised onething... ITS NOT WORTH IT!
[SIZE=2]Just let them go on their merry way and be happy thinking that they are better than you.[/SIZE]

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abix
Hey guys, just to explain the scenario, my friend n i were gonna go to PVR Saket to catch the movie Pink Panther (which btw is hillarious, sorry am a fan of slapstick comedy n i love steve martin) when a maroon coloured palio 1.6 with twin exhausts cut in infront of me!

Abix

Hey, lol: ... I know the owner of that maroon GTX with twin exhausts and he's a lil kid who has this habit of being stupid with his driving . That GTX had a big accident a few months back where he rammed into a car taking a U turn but insopite of my telling him never to race on roads he refuses to learn ... And he bought the GTX after he sat with me one night and I pushed mine to the limit on the Grand road when it was empty though I have nothing to do with inspiring him to be a nuisance on the daily roads .... And hes not a bum chum so he doiesnt listen !!!

Maybe someday your car tempts me as well ..... ;) ....

Cheers

Heyy Khaadu!! are u sure its the same dude, i do recollect he has a black stripe runnin down his car! Well i guess no matter of advice would do him ne good! I just hope he learns to drive a bit properly cuz that stunt cudve been fatal for him aswell as me!

cheers

Abix

this happens to me all the time, everyday....especally at nite...cause i guess there are a very few modded corollas out there...so may b that tempts people...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abix
Heyy Khaadu!! are u sure its the same dude, i do recollect he has a black stripe runnin down his car! Well i guess no matter of advice would do him ne good! I just hope he learns to drive a bit properly cuz that stunt cudve been fatal for him aswell as me!

cheers

Abix

Abix .. 500 % sure and infact I just called him though he doesnt remember anything about the incident ... just told him that he was a pain to a friend of mine though it won't make no diff to him . These guys are on a suicide mission and its scary ... I've been trying to get him to go do Track day in Chennai or start Rallying and race where one is meant to instead of risking lives on the roads ...

And yes he has a black stripe running down the centre of his car ....

Cheers

Abix i've seen this same Maroon GTX with loud exhausts near Malviya nagar and PVR saket... never seen him taking panga's though ;)

Dont let it bug you - since it was in the city, let sleeping dogs lie because there are too many lives involved in close quarters. Out on the highway you may want to show them their rightful place, but again you need to first decide if its worth it.

My Lumina seems to invite quite a few souped up (actually loud - I cant comment on the state of tune except for massive cuticura tins in the rear) Hondas and Nissan Maximas - I dont bother in the city. Out on the highway I either slow down to an extent that its a pain for them or push my right foot to the floor and send them to the rear horizon. Either way, the interaction is brief.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeroid
(actually loud - I cant comment on the state of tune except for massive cuticura tins in the rear)

Orange in colour??? Are you sure this brand still exists? Steer...you're really rl:

Hey Aza! Yeah man, even i thought someone whose got a ride like that would atleast drive carefully and not take pangas!! hell i know i get an itch to get my car repaired if it gets even the slightest ding!! I just feel it was a bit immature to race so rashly in a crowded area!

Cheers

Abix

Yes...
This Happened with me many times...
I let them go when i am not in mood to race..lol:

Cheers,
Mugen_Power..

I had been this type of foolhardy long time back. But wisdom prevailed and I usually pardon them all. Except once when a guy with his GF in an Ikon pulled up my side, in a traffic light, in EM Bypass in kolkata. I was in our old Premier. The way they looked at me, a certain snobbish attitude got me.

I did end up beating them on the next 10 km stretch:Shockked: . I did literally flogged my old Padmini to keep it up with the Ikon. But at the end guy with the more Guts win.:I Rule:

Well sure it is not worth it, i still drive sedatly never caring for any boy racer. But sometimes:p

BTW I could not help using less than three smilies. Sorry.