Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2014, 17:08   #136
BHPian

re: Zoom Pay & Drive, New Self Drive Option in Bangalore! *UPDATE* Now in Pune!

Saw a Zoom badged Safari on the roads today on my way back home to Indiranagar from Majestic. It was a tan/ochre? colored one with the signature Zoom logo on its side and back and seemed to be driven back from some outback as it had red dust on its wheels. It turned into the Chancellery hotel on residency road so expect to see the site updated soon.
hothatchaway is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2014, 11:16   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
Saw a Zoom badged Safari on the roads today on my way back home to Indiranagar from Majestic ...
Zoom had added Safari and XUV W6 to its fleet. But the Safari shown in pic on Zoom website is a last gen car. Is that what you spotted?

They should have got the latest model.
black_rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2014, 11:54   #138
Team-BHP Support

Zoom have also added the latest Honda City
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2014, 13:09   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_rider View Post
Zoom had added Safari and XUV W6 to its fleet. But the Safari shown in pic on Zoom website is a last gen car. Is that what you spotted?
Yes this is the one that I saw
Old 5th April 2014, 22:22   #140
Team-BHP Support

I'm sure a lot of people would have been waiting for this especially those that visit Bangalore.

Zoom now has an Airport site for pickup. It's near the Mcdonald's before the toll gate.

They even offer a pickup and drop to the location from the terminal building for an additional Rs.200.
Vid6639 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th April 2014, 15:27   #141
Senior - BHPian

I used the Zoom service last Thursday. I wanted to try out the e2o for a longer run and hence booked one.

I rented the e2o for 4 hours from 5PM till 9PM. I arrived at the place at 4:45PM and in five minutes I was out with the e2o. The booking experience and car delivery was extremely well managed. All you need is to register on Zoom website and book the car in advance with full payment for the time you have booked. You are required to carry your original driving license during the rental period.

My work got extended a bit and I missed the drop off window of 9PM. I called the call centre at around 8:30PM and they provided me a 30 minutes grace period for dropping the car off. I dropped off the car at 9:20PM with no extra charge.

The return process took a little longer as the executive had to check the car and enter the details in a tablet device.

Overall a great experience, I would definitely recommend Zoom car for the hassle free rental experience.

Hats off to Zoom for a great self drive experience.
speedmiester is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th April 2014, 12:10   #142
BHPian

Zoom is offering 2 hours of free car hire on April 17 to encourage voting. Good initiative!
Excerpt from their Facebook page:

Remember to vote on Apr 17! We are giving our members 2 hours in free driving on April 17 to make getting to the polls easier.
We have 18 locations around Bangalore, so wherever you live or work we are near by! We would encourage members who use this offer to bring co-workers or neighbors so that as many people can vote as possible!
Make a booking on www.zoomcar.in using your credit or debit card. At the time of booking, enter the promo code DEMOCRACY. When you return the vehicle at the end of your trip, show our fleet executive the voting ink on their finger and Zoom will give a refund on your card.
This offer is good for any type of car. You can make a booking for any duration, but you will only get 2 hours free.
Old 22nd April 2014, 23:36   #143
BHPian

Hired a Zoom Safari for a week and took it to Kodaikanal. Car was new with only 1600 kms on odo, and this was its second trip. A smooth hassle free experience once again. Thumbs up to Zoom.
Attached Thumbnails
Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India-imag1708.jpg  

black_rider is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th May 2014, 20:58   #144
BHPian

Has anyone tried booking a car through the mobile application?

Funny, I'm not able to find the app on the iOS App Store.
Old 27th May 2014, 01:56   #145
BHPian

Booked the XUV in the beginning of May for 4 days.

Overall experience was satisfactory.

Pros:
Car was in great shape had only done 3800 kms.
Was given a quick overview of the car documents and accessories.
Returning the car was equally painless. A quick inspection and I was told all was well.

Cons:
Car was not the cleanest. The previous user had left quite a few things (chocolate wrappers, used tissues, etc)

My biggest challenge was in moving my booking start time by an hour earlier.
The website does not offer this option.
Calling did not help as I was asked to cancel and redo the booking afresh.

They finally did relent, but this was after multiple calls and with me putting my foot down.

Please not that there was an 8 hours gap from when the previous user returned the car to my requested start time (this information was shared by Zoom call center).

The expenses incurred in fueling the vehicle was credited to my account within 4 days as promised.

All said, I think it's a great option, especially when you would want to experience different cars or need a bigger car for the long weekend.

Last edited by rakirank : 27th May 2014 at 01:57.
rakirank is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2014, 21:08   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Hired a Zoom Safari for a week and took it to Kodaikanal. Car was new with only 1600 kms on odo, and this was its second trip. A smooth hassle free experience once again. Thumbs up to Zoom.
Could you please explain the required procedure while crossing state borders and how easy or difficult it was?
Old 2nd June 2014, 00:29   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fash_1 View Post
Could you please explain the required procedure while crossing state borders and how easy or difficult it was?
Hi,

I had to pay the RTO fees when we traveled to Ooty from Bangalore.
The only challenge I had, was to figure out where to pay the money. Asked a few people along the way and at the border check-post only to be told that it was ahead.

I just showed them the vehicle papers and paid the amount in cash (about 600/-)

I was not asked for any additional documents (including my DL).

It took me all of 5 mins. Be prepared for the curious looks though .

We were not stopped by traffic cops or the RTO after that and no one verified if we paid the tax or not.
rakirank is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2014, 15:05   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fash_1 View Post
Quoting from another thread :

Quote:
Self drive rentals have to pay up tax at state border crossings. Since you mentioned Bangalore, if going from Bangalore to Chennai, you'll have to pay up at Hosur check post. Thats what we did for two trips in Zoom (another rental company in Bangalore) cars. Yes, relevant documents need to be shown, fee is to be paid and receipt collected. I never faced any hassles while crossing borders in rental cars. Even if you are stopped at any point in other states, you just need to show tax receipt. FYI, tax for a KA registered Tata Safari self-drive taxi was 500 for a week in TN.
Just ask any taxi driver for exact location of check-post.
black_rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2014, 10:54   #149
BHPian

In September last year got a chance to drive my dream car, BMW 320D for the first time . Hired it for one hour from 12:30 AM to 1:30 AM.

Cons: I was unable to book online due to some technical glitch.

Pros: After successfully registering on their website found it very difficult to book the car which was promptly attended by the customer care guys which they booked it for me. I paid Rs. 649 through debit card which was swiped by the staff at the Chancery Pavilion. They are courteous enough to provide parking for my car.

Drive: The car was handed over to me at 12:30 AM after finishing the inspection which was very clean. It was a blissful experience to drive BMW 320D on the empty roads of bangalore. Got a call after 45 minutes reminding me to return.
I was so involved in driving the car that I drove 30 kms in one hour(then it was maximum 40kms/hr). Returned the car at 1:30 AM.

Imho they are the best guys to deal with.
Highly recommended! :thumbup:
Attaching some pics of the car (kindly apologise for the poor quality)

Regards
Attached Thumbnails
Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India-1401945424917.jpg  

Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India-1401945441203.jpg  

KING DYSP is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2014, 21:07   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KING DYSP View Post
They are courteous enough to provide parking for my car.
Hi Mr. King, does Zoom allow clients to park their cars within Zoom's premises while taking out one of their hire cars ?

I understand long term parking could be an issue, how about for short jaunts, like within 24 hours ?

Planning to hire a Zoom vehicle from their Bellandur facility for about 15 hours, since I stay in Electronics-City, it would make my life much simpler if I could simply park my car there for the duration of the hire.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks