Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Some things that come to mind...
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaymahajan View Post
In case needed, shoot an email to...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Sounds a bit like a scam, this is popular in Italy ...
Gentlemen, Thank you for your swift replies and suggestions. This is what makes being a part of the BHP community so likable and useful. I have advised my son to pay the claim, retain proof of payment and be done with it. And to credit this to the Experience Account of his ledger about the need to be more careful when picking a rental car in the future. Advised him we need to choose the battles we fight.
V.Narayan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2018, 10:27   #1487
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
Gentlemen, Thank you for your swift replies and suggestions. This is what makes being a part of the BHP community so likable and useful. I have advised my son to pay the claim, retain proof of payment and be done with it. And to credit this to the Experience Account of his ledger about the need to be more careful when picking a rental car in the future. Advised him we need to choose the battles we fight.
But why? Was the actual reason described? Please do verify what this is for before you go ahead and make payment. Even if it is damage, these cases are reversed when you talk to the customer care. If there was any due, typically Zoomcar should settle it on site and only then take the car. I was told once by a pickup/drop guy that once the keys are handed over, there is no way the company can claim any extra dues except if it is mutually agreed at the time of pickup that there is something wrong with the car. Hence, if they took the car back without any discussion about damage or extra kms, then there is no need to pay.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2018, 10:31   #1488
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Please don't pay unless you get a clarity on the reasons for the notice.
Write to them on social media, this will definitely attract attention and quick turnaround.
speedmiester is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2018, 10:55   #1489
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Agree with others on the need to first check what the payment is for. Did he or the Zoomcar rep click a video of the car before/after the rental period? That will be your smoking gun. Rs. 11800 for a day seems unusual for a routine rental.

The manner in which the fleet is managed and more importantly, driven by others (who rent the cars), I wouldn't be comfortable paying for something unless explicitly mentioned in writing.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2018, 12:42   #1490
Distinguished - BHPian

This is the letter. Self-driven car rentals is something I have no experience on. Thanks to all for your inputs.

Quote:
Dear P_____ Narayan,

This e-mail is with reference to the booking made by you with Zoomcar through Company's webpage/mobile app with the following details -
S.No Booking ID Car provided Start time End time Pickup point Drop off point Initial Rental Security Deposit Outstanding

It has come to our attention that the car has been used in excess of the paid rental amount and in accordance of the agreement duly verified and acknowledged by you, you are liable to make payment of ₹4852 to the company. Please note that failure to make payment of the due amount will render you liable to civil proceedings and the company would be entitled to recover the due amount by attachment of your property (movable/immovable) or otherwise. Further, willfully declining or making delay to pay the above said outstanding amount could also subject you to criminal proceedings.

We therefore request you to make payment of the aforementioned outstanding amount of ₹4852 within 5 days of this mail, failing which we shall be constrained to initiate against you civil and criminal legal proceedings as are warranted by law for recovery of the due amount. Please note that in accordance with the Member Agreement displayed here , duly verified and acknowledged by you, the company is entitled to recover all costs incurred in initiation of legal proceedings.

Thanking You
For Zoomcar India Private Limited
Sd/-
Anitha Rajasekaran
Signatory Authority
Old 12th September 2018, 13:41   #1491
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is the letter. Self-driven car rentals is something I have no experience on. Thanks to all for your inputs.
If there was any due, it should have been deducted through the 5K security deposit that they charge during the booking.

Also it is very difficult to decipher the charges without the information on the duration of the rental, KMs driven during hire.
Old 12th September 2018, 21:34   #1492
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
If there was any due, it should have been deducted through the 5K security deposit that they charge during the booking.

Also it is very difficult to decipher the charges without the information on the duration of the rental, KMs driven during hire.
They dont charge the refundable deposit now. Yes in this case, if there is excess kms covered beyond the free usage limit, then they are liable to pay whatever is due.
Old 12th September 2018, 22:02   #1493
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
It has come to our attention that the car has been used in excess of the paid rental amount and in accordance of the agreement duly verified and acknowledged by you, you are liable to make payment of ₹4852 to the company.
If this is what they call billing, then it is a bad joke. How, by how much, and what exactly does Rs.4,852 represent?
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2018, 22:57   #1494
BHPian

In case of excess kms, the user is supposed to be notified of the same while dropping off the car. And an invoice should be generated that you can see when you login to the website or app. An email demanding money just sounds weird.

The last time I used one of these, the excess was paid at the time of drop off itself.

Also, dont they have the credit card details that they auto charge?
Old 13th September 2018, 06:33   #1495
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
They dont charge the refundable deposit now. Yes in this case, if there is excess kms covered beyond the free usage limit, then they are liable to pay whatever is due.
Security deposit is waived only for few customers, for new customers they still charge the deposit.
speedmiester is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2018, 14:32   #1496
BHPian

Quote:
I have a feeling the Odometer reading at the end of the trip was not updated properly, because of which the delayed bill has been received.

I would suggest asking for a detailed bill again to confirm, and pay the due amount.
ananthacharya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2018, 12:35   #1497
BHPian

Hello guys,

Need to get a self drive from Bangalore airport on self drive from Sunday morning to Tuesday evening.
What is the best plan to take with fuel or without fuel?
Sravanabelogola is about 165 KM's from Bangalore airport.

Scorpio without fuel is coming to 7780 with 280kms while with fuel it is around 9020 with 280kms free.

I'm estimating my total trip to around 450kms but not able to get a hang of free KM's in with fuel / without fuel charges .

Last edited by vamsi2390 : 25th September 2018 at 12:37.
Old 3rd November 2018, 18:03   #1498
BHPian

Team
Sharing my recent Zoomcar experience @ Bangalore for everyone's reference.

Background: With a plan to attend a Wedding at Bangalore, i had booked a Swift Automatic (Diesel) from Zoomcar from Oct 5th to 10th.

Key Points: Though the online booking process was smooth, for some reason if you want to pick up the car from the Airport, there are extra charges. Additionally now there is an option for with fuel and without fuel cars. The overall condition of the car was really bad, especially the tyres, gearbox and brakes. The odometer showed only 8k kms, so it seems to have been tampered with or the car has been really badly handled.

Learning's:
1) Check out other similar service providers as there are much better options now in all cities
2) Select vehicles which are less popular as their condition is generally much better. Additionally given our city traffic conditions, an automatic hatchback is generally a great option. Some vehicles might have a Gas cylinder in the boot, so always check on that to avoid any luggage issues.
3) Always call and double check the details like place of pick up, policies, etc. - before making the payment for the booking. This is important when traveling with a family, to avoid any surprises.
4) Any change in the booking can only be done before the start of the booking. Once the booking starts you are at the mercy of the service providers call center representative, who unfortunately don't have the common sense to understand and address any relevant issues.

To summarize, this was my first and last experience of Zoomcar.

Hope this helps someone.
Regards
Ronald

Last edited by Aditya : 5th November 2018 at 16:03. Reason: Typo
scarecrow is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th November 2018, 00:05   #1499
BHPian

Hi,

My friend is looking to rent a luxury car in Chennai. All popular names (Zoom, Avis etc) were checked and it seems like none of them offer luxury cars currently. Does anyone have rented recently from anywhere?

Thanks in advance.
Old 15th November 2018, 12:15   #1500
BHPian

Hello Everyone,

Have booked a Ford Figo with Zoomcar Chennai Airport for a 5 day trip in the month of December. Any information of the condition of the cars there, as well as any other points to keep in mind?

Thanks and Regards,
Yash

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks