Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2022, 17:04   #1756
PVS
BHPian

Default Re: Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
But, how did the taxi fellas make out that the Car is a Rent a Car? Did the Car have Zoomcar stickers on it or they recognized the Driver who brought the Car.
The driver had brought the car and was waiting in front of the Mysore Railway Station entrance (No Parking zone). This got the goat of the taxi fellas who guessed something amiss.
When I walked up to the driver and asked him "Zoomcar?", the fellas were within earshot and immediately caught on.
The driver seems to be in an unusual hurry to move away from the place, and this added more fuel to the fire. The taxi guys attributed this "suspicious" behavior of the driver to a fraud and immediately alerted the traffic cop on duty, and then started taking pictures of the car. And the damage was already done by then, unfortunately. All that was remaining was the traffic cop to clamp the car, and we got stuck.

Last edited by PVS : 16th June 2022 at 17:06. Reason: corrected spelling mistakes
PVS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2022, 00:03   #1757
PVS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVS View Post
Even as I type, I haven't received any communication from ZoomCar on my refund.
Fed up after having received no response even after 13 days since the last follow up, I shoot a repeat email to Zoomcar customer support, tag Zoomcar in Twitter, and tweet about my frustrating experience. Zoomcar responded with alacrity, and soon enough by around 2120 hours, I get a SMS that the refund has been processed into my account. FINALLY!!. The attached word document lists the details of the follow-ups I had to do:
ZoomCar_ListOfCalls_2.docx

SO LONG ZOOMCAR!! Hope to NEVER, EVER do business with you again
PVS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2022, 11:07   #1758
BHPian

I am visiting Goa along with family next week and is planning on renting a car there. I visited Zoomcar and they provide no details if it will be a legal rental car (yellow on black) or a private car. They have no customer care chat (except canned Q&As) or call option. I am a bit unsure of doing a blind booking. It seems Myles and Revv don't operate in Goa

Are there any other options. Any guidance will be much appreciated
Old 30th August 2022, 15:30   #1759
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohan Mathew A View Post
I am visiting Goa along with family next week and is planning on renting a car there. I visited Zoomcar and they provide no details if it will be a legal rental car (yellow on black) or a private car. They have no customer care chat (except canned Q&As) or call option. I am a bit unsure of doing a blind booking. It seems Myles and Revv don't operate in Goa

Are there any other options. Any guidance will be much appreciated
If you want to pick up a car from near the aiport:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/other...avels-goa.html (Self Drive Car & Bike Rental - Zain Travels (Goa))

For other options:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/stree...ntals-goa.html (Self Drive Car / Jeep Rentals in Goa?)

I used this person to rent a car in South Goa a couple of weeks back (commercial number plate so totally legal):
Fraser 9822582402
Eddy is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2022, 16:49   #1760
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
If you want to pick up a car from near the aiport:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/other...avels-goa.html (Self Drive Car & Bike Rental - Zain Travels (Goa))

For other options:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/stree...ntals-goa.html (Self Drive Car / Jeep Rentals in Goa?)

I used this person to rent a car in South Goa a couple of weeks back (commercial number plate so totally legal):
Fraser 9822582402
Thanks Eddy for the quick reply and suggestions. I will be going via train but looking at the Zain website it seems they will provide pick up anywhere. What I am more worried is incase of any unfortunate incidents (like minor accidents, scratches etc) what will be their approach?. Will insurance cover it and is there a maximum cap in one's liability. I would prefer to avoid any unpleasantness incase of such an eventuality. Would you have some idea about that?
Old 30th August 2022, 17:03   #1761
Team-BHP Support

I have hired from Zain and Fraser. Both warned me that they will not claim insurance for any damages under 50k, and the cost will have to be borne the client.
Old 4th December 2022, 22:36   #1762

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVS View Post
Fed up after having received no response even after 13 days since the last follow up, I shoot a repeat email to Zoomcar customer support, tag Zoomcar in Twitter, and tweet about my frustrating experience. Zoomcar responded with alacrity, and soon enough by around 2120 hours, I get a SMS that the refund has been processed into my account. FINALLY!!. The attached word document lists the details of the follow-ups I had to do:
Attachment 2323359

SO LONG ZOOMCAR!! Hope to NEVER, EVER do business with you again

You atleast managed to get a refund I had a very sorry experience with ZOOM car in Hyderabad and no refund.
I have opted revv in mysuru this year April and had a very good experience.
Old 5th December 2022, 18:52   #1763
BHPian

Is there a single portal/aggregator for self-drive rental cars?

Is there any good self-drive rental car offering pickup and dropoff in Mumbai airport?

Most Viewed