Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2014, 15:03   #286
BHPian

re: Zoom Pay & Drive, New Self Drive Option in Bangalore, Pune! *UPDATE* Now in Gurgaon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
Has anyone got any experience leaving our car in their parking for many days?
I had parked my car at their location when I rented a scorpio last month from
one of their outlets in Bangalore (Whitefield formulae1 hotel).

You can call them and check beforehand if they have parking facility for your car in their rental location.
Old 17th October 2014, 15:58   #287
BHPian

re: Zoom Pay & Drive, New Self Drive Option in Bangalore, Pune! *UPDATE* Now in Gurgaon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR71-Blackbird View Post
I had parked my car at their location when I rented a scorpio last month from
one of their outlets in Bangalore (Whitefield formulae1 hotel).
Thanks!
Yes, I parked my car at Novotel, Bellandur during my 9 day rental.
Old 20th October 2014, 08:58   #288
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
Who told you that? Of course you can lock the car, and make sure you do!!

The Safari key I that got was more like a scooter key. It did not have any remote key fob and we had to lock it manually.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
Yes indeed - pls do lock it and take the key along with you. Also the tab needs to be securely placed!

Kms are cumulative across the trip - I drove to Pune from BLR and drove like 900 *2 kms in a two days. But was there for a week
Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
I too had read about the same in their website, that you should leave the keys inside and lock the car using some SMS command. Not sure what it is all about, but I had always locked using the key fob.

Here is a snip from their membership agreement:
I guess its always safe to manually lock the vehicle.Thanks guys
Old 23rd October 2014, 14:32   #289
Senior - BHPian

I rented a Merc A-Class from Zoom and the experience was super smooth.

The car is in great condition with 19k in ODO and the staff is very polite, helpful and co-operative.

Totally satisfied with zoom !

-Ravi
Old 3rd November 2014, 12:02   #290
Senior - BHPian

Took a Scorpio from their Whitefield branch last Friday. I had booked the Scorpio SLE variant, but upon going there, the person who was supposed to return the car hadn't turned up. Waited for half an hour before they could get hold of that guy, who answered saying he is in Mysore!

The Zoom cars guy who spoke surprisingly good English, apologized and offered me a Scorpio LX variant (lower model) he briefed me of the car's know-hows, verified my licence and let me drive off.

Car had 95,403 kms when I took it out, suspension was extremely bumpy, don't know if it was because of the maintenance or because of the car itself. The fuel gauge was faulty and kept showing different levels. And Bangalore's traffic made me cover 40-45 kms in about 3 hours!

Returning the car was fairly simple and straight forward too, and I now have got a SMS saying my deposit & the cost difference ( for taking the lower model after booking the higher model ) will be credited within 5 days.

Very happy with their hassle free service and would recommend this service to anyone - if they are ok to struggle through the Bangalore traffic
Old 3rd November 2014, 16:07   #291
Senior - BHPian

Just back after a Pune-Mahabaleshwar trip. Had rented a Tata Safari and was glad to have rented one.The roads on the NH 4 was okay but inside panchgani and mahabaleshwar was pathetic.
Coming to the Zoom experience,it was mixed.I had booked the pick up point from Fiat showroom, model colony at 11pm. Me and wife went to the pick up point but to my dismay on arrival came to know they had shifted to Kothrud which unfortunately was not communicated to me.I called the Zoom guys who thankfully were very cooperative and guided me to Kothrud which was 10km away.The fleet representative even offered to come to Fiat showroom but as I needed to park the bike, rode all the way to Kothrud.
About the vehicle I got it was a May 2014 2.2 Dicor LX with 39500 on the Odo. The car was all cleaned up by the time we arrived. Took 15 min to complete all formalities. The gear shift had a long throw and clutch was a bit sloppy . The service light used to pop up every now and then apart from that the vehicle was in good condition. The returning formalities was completed within 5 min,had to pay for the extra 197 km.
Overall happy with the experience. Would definitely go with Zoom again
Attached Thumbnails
Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India-safari_ps_1.jpg  

rakesh_r is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th November 2014, 15:42   #292
BHPian

Have booked a City from their Novotel Hotel, Bellandur parking. Is this hotel the same as the Novotel Bangalore Tech park that Google shows? If it is then am I safe to assume that coming from Electronic City, I have to take a right under the flyover at Silk Board junction onto outer ring road and go straight and the hotel will be on my left?

Any pointers and landmarks will be appreciated from members who have used that pick up point as I am not too familiar with that part of Bangalore.
Old 5th November 2014, 15:55   #293
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer4x4 View Post
Have booked a City from their Novotel Hotel, Bellandur parking. Is this hotel the same as the Novotel Bangalore Tech park that Google shows? If it is then am I safe to assume that coming from Electronic City, I have to take a right under the flyover at Silk Board junction onto outer ring road and go straight and the hotel will be on my left?

Any pointers and landmarks will be appreciated from members who have used that pick up point as I am not too familiar with that part of Bangalore.
It is opposite Intel campus
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2014, 16:37   #294
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Yes you are correct. Only point to note is that after the Belandur Flyover, you need to get on the service road before the Intel Flyover. There is an opening to get in just after the Belandur Flyover.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2014, 16:41   #295
BHPian

Quote:

Yes you need to take right under Silk board flyover and join Outer Ring Road. Continue straight on ORR and take the next flyover. you'll find Agara Lake on your left. You'll reach Iblur junction(see map). Keep left here and continue. Take the next flyover and you can see a mall ('Bangalore Central') to your left. slow down while you reach the end of this flyover. To your left, you'll find maruti showroom 'Pratham Motors' and to your right, you'll find a tech park RMZ Ecospace (You'll see 'Bosch' logo on top of a building). Stick to the right lane. Within 100 mts, another flyover starts. Do Not get on this flyover. Drive carefully in this stretch. The right lane goes below this flyover, stick to this lane. Under the flyover, there is a crossing where you need take a left U-turn and join the service lane on the left side of the flyover. After u make this u-turn, you'll have HDFC bank & Passport office to your right, then Hyndai Showroom and the next building is Novotel Hotel.

G-maps link here
HTH!

Last edited by ankan.m.blr : 5th November 2014 at 16:43.
ankan.m.blr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2014, 12:49   #296
BHPian

Rented a Scorpio from Yeshwantpur Magnum Honda on 3rd Nov 2014. Booking was from 7.15 AM to 6.15 PM the same day. Got a discount of 25% due to the first booking.

Drove till Attibele and was back well before scheduled drop time. Used GPS navigation extensively as I have little knowledge of BLR roads. Found it extremely useful.

Exceeded my cap of 110 km by 5 kms and was charged Rs 15/ Km for it.
Final calculation was as follows:

Refundable deposit: Rs 5000
Rental Charge inclusive of 110 Km: Rs 935
Discount: 25% on rental charge.
Extra Km: 5 x 15 = Rs 75.
Total Expenditure: Rs 777

Overall Experience:
1. Immense relief in terms of all travel related hassles.
2. Can cover multiple areas of city in short span, a boon for business travelers like me.
3. Very affordable.
4. Delivery and drop were hassle free.
5. Very very polite staff with good attitude.

Minor negative points:

1. Dented vehicle provided. So I took photographs of the vehicle prior to taking delivery in presence of the zoom personnel.
2. Noisy clutch operation.
3. Navigation tab was with very very low battery level. I was afraid that it might flunk during our extensive usage( we had left it charging constantly.

P.S
Vehicle came with speed limit of 124kmph, but I took the vehicle to modest 75 kmph maximum only. Maybe being in a new city and alien vehicle played on back of my mind.

Cheers,
AB
Old 8th November 2014, 07:13   #297
BHPian

Hi folks,

We hired a TATA Safari from zoom cars Pune. Here my experience goes

Hired from 6th October 5 AM to 7th October 2PM. Pickup point is Formule 1 hotel Hinjewadi and travelled ~530 kms during the trip with 7 people on board. I am updating this after a month, because I have become a member now only.

What went well:
1. They were waiting for us in the mornig 5AM. We were late by an hour , reason:last night went to bed very late.
2. Guy over (apologies don't remember his name) there quikly checked my license and took us arround the Safari. Handed over the vehicle in just 10 minutes.
3. Next day we arrived 30 minutes past 2PM (thanks to bad to worst roads just before Ahmednagar), but they have not fined us.
4. Vehicle return took just 10 minutes

What could have been better:
1. Vehicle just 30k on ODO, but squeaking from rear seats and doors is horrible. I felt like driving a 1,00,000 km driven vehicle.
2. Vehicle was abused by fellow users and lot of scratches...almost every part of the vehicle. Sad to see Safari like this.
3. Lot of turbo lag, always rattle (read resonance) in third gear. I did not feel the power of dicor engine at all. By the way i drive a Skoda Rapid back in Bangalore.
4. No remote locking, always a pain to lock the vehicle manually.

Overall experiance in dealing with zoomcars is just amazing. I would recommend this to all BHPians
Attached Thumbnails
Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India-image.jpg  

hillsnrains is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2014, 12:06   #298
BHPian

Has anyone taken Zoom cars into AP, from Bangalore? I want to know the exact location of check post where one needs to pay entry tax. A Google placemark would be really helpful.
Old 13th November 2014, 12:16   #299
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_rider View Post
I want to know the exact location of check post where one needs to pay entry tax. A Google placemark would be really helpful.
During my earlier drives in that route I have seen trucks parked near the turn off towards LePakshi. Used to think this was the RTO checkpost, this was around here.

However during my last trip saw vehicles parked still further ahead towards Hyderabad. Though I am not able to recollect the exact location, Google Maps lists it around here.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2014, 17:33   #300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
... trucks parked near the turn off towards LePakshi.
Thanks, Lepakshi is where I intend to go.

Most Viewed