Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2015, 17:14   #676
Team-BHP Support

re: Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Does Citrus charge any amount for this money transfer?
No, though their limit for a single transaction is 3000 Rs.

So you will have to do two transactions to get the 5-6k refund. But it's only a couple of clicks so not much of a bother.
Eddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2015, 20:06   #677

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post

As usual the refund process was flawless. I dropped the car at 4:30PM to the airport pickup point and I got a message about the refund by the time I reached Bangalore and switched on my phone at 8PM.
Hi audioholic

Planning to hire a ZoomCar from Delhi to Manali. Just wanted to know about the Fuel. You got a refund of only your deposit or was it including the fuel?
Old 23rd July 2015, 20:37   #678
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
No, though their limit for a single transaction is 3000 Rs.

So you will have to do two transactions to get the 5-6k refund. But it's only a couple of clicks so not much of a bother.
This limit has been removed. I was able to do a single transfer of 5k back to my account. One wierd thing is that I paid by credit card, and yet was able to transfer cash into my account even though the CC statement hasnt been sent for the transaction. That means I can effectively recover cash from a credit card account through this method(though I will have to pay once the statement arrives). Apparently the transaction and source account rules are not applicable for transactions made with Zoomcar and a few other entities.
Old 23rd July 2015, 21:01   #679
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
This limit has been removed. I was able to do a single transfer of 5k back to my account. One wierd thing is that I paid by credit card, and yet was able to transfer cash into my account even though the CC statement hasnt been sent for the transaction. That means I can effectively recover cash from a credit card account through this method(though I will have to pay once the statement arrives). Apparently the transaction and source account rules are not applicable for transactions made with Zoomcar and a few other entities.
You mean one can pay by CC and withdraw to bank account, and vice versa? I was under the impression you can only withdraw to where you originally paid from? If the rules have exceptions, they certainly haven't mentioned that in their FAQ.
Old 23rd July 2015, 21:02   #680
BHPian

Can someone please tell me if Zoomcar has to pay duties on their CLA's , GLA's and other luxury cars available for self drive rental? What scheme to they register their cars under? I really want to know
Old 23rd July 2015, 21:14   #681
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivjeet View Post
Can someone please tell me if Zoomcar has to pay duties on their CLA's , GLA's and other luxury cars available for self drive rental? What scheme to they register their cars under? I really want to know
They need to pay all duties cause the cars are CKD's (completely knocked down kits) which are assembled here.

Duties can be waived for CBU units that are imported but even that scheme is no longer available. It was known as EPCG scheme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Nick View Post
Hi audioholic

Planning to hire a ZoomCar from Delhi to Manali. Just wanted to know about the Fuel. You got a refund of only your deposit or was it including the fuel?
Anytime you fill fuel in the Zoomcar you need to keep the bill with you. Put the bill in glove box when returning the car and mention the amount in return checklist.

Fuel is full reimbursed by Zoom as their booking includes cost of fuel.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 23rd July 2015 at 21:28.
Old 23rd July 2015, 21:15   #682
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivjeet View Post

I guess they are registered like any other taxi(yellow board) vehicles. They have to pay all the duties. Only the lifetime road tax is split into an yearly tax. They also have the option to pay every quarter.
Old 23rd July 2015, 21:24   #683
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
You mean one can pay by CC and withdraw to bank account, and vice versa? I was under the impression you can only withdraw to where you originally paid from? If the rules have exceptions, they certainly haven't mentioned that in their FAQ.
Ideally, in other online transactions, suppose I pay by credit card and request a refund, it should come back to the CC statement as a refund right? Or like a cash back.

In this case, I pay 5k from CC and it gets refunded to the citrus account. From there, I withdraw it to my bank account. This is the wierd part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Nick View Post
Hi audioholic

You will get the 5k plus any fuel that you have filled. In my last two drones I got a total refund of 5700 and 5300 respectively.

Last edited by audioholic : 23rd July 2015 at 21:27.
Old 24th July 2015, 14:06   #684
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
They need to pay all duties cause the cars are CKD's (completely knocked down kits) which are assembled here.

Duties can be waived for CBU units that are imported but even that scheme is no longer available. It was known as EPCG scheme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
I guess they are registered like any other taxi(yellow board) vehicles. They have to pay all the duties. Only the lifetime road tax is split into an yearly tax. They also have the option to pay every quarter.

So the Rolls Royces which are registered as cabs in India have paid full duty? The barber who has a Rolls Royce Ghost registered on a black plate with yellow numbers, paid full duty? Please tell me where I can find more info on this 😊
Old 24th July 2015, 14:45   #685
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post

l.
CLA's are imported

Due to misuse, the DRI are very strict on such car imports, I dont think they allow it anymore
Old 24th July 2015, 20:24   #686
Distinguished - BHPian

Between, can someone enlighten what's the idea behind including fuel costs in the rent? What is the motive behind this? Is it just for the sake of marketing or is there a deeper business tactic involved in this? I agree to the fact that if the distance limit is exceeded, they will be earning a lot per extra km compared to fuel cost per km, but for those who do not exceed the distance limit, or book the car for extra duration just for the distance, how is the company going to make money?

Moreover, if I had to pay for the fuel, I would have driven in a FE oriented manner and would have saved fuel. On the contrary, my recent drive in their Figo was not FE oriented at all. I left the engine running with AC in most of the short stops, and floored the pedal when given a chance(didn't exceed their speed limit) and got an average FE of 14kmpl for the trip. Still, they pay for our fuel. How is this benefiting for the company?
Old 24th July 2015, 20:33   #687
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
How is this benefiting for the company?
The other angle is convenience. This way they don't have to check if car has come back with same amount of fuel or less. If customer comes back with less fuel then to calculate how much lesser than he had taken the car is a pain. It helps with the automated pick up/drop. No manpower at the sites. They don't have a rep at every pickup point. One guy shuttles between a few.

If they start saying fuel is on customer and he needs to return with same fuel as provided at start, it will be one extra step.

On the flip side you do have a valid point. Even I used to idle the car at long traffic lights or when parked for short time. Never bothered to turn off and never hesitated in downshifting at every opportunity.

I ended up getting 20kmpl after 1,500kms thanks to that silly Honda City diesel engine which seems to only sniffs fumes.
Old 26th July 2015, 14:41   #688
BHPian

I am having some problem with ZOOMCAR regarding refund of funds; I had paid them through credit card and their payment gateway has also confirmed having credited the amount to them; ZOOM kept on saying they have not received and then when I forwarded them the email confirmation I received from their payment gateway ZOOM has stopped responding altogether. I recall few members having similar problems with ZOOM and when they wrote to CEO of ZOOMCAR they got the resolution.
Can someone help me with ZOOM's management's email ID, please ! as mumbai.support@zoomcar.in and help@zoomcar.in have stopped responding to mails.

Last edited by amitksvs : 26th July 2015 at 14:49.
Old 28th July 2015, 12:21   #689
Senior - BHPian

I had an excellent experience with ZoomCar yesterday.

I had taken an XUV from 12PM to 10PM for Rs. 770 yesterday. This was from their daily deals. The actual cost was Rs. 1400, 40% discount through the deal. So Rs. 840, then I got a further 5% discount for sharing the deal on FB. So Rs. 770 for 10 hours, so 100km.

I called them up first to ask them if I could park my bike in Ibis Hotel, near Silk Board, Bangalore. They were very happy to say I could, and I did.

Parked the bike, fired up the app and hit unlock and voila! It unlocked! The XUV had run 17409km. I opened up the checklist and found that the navigation tablet and the torch were missing. Indicated the same in the checklist.

Started the car and drove off. Returned the car with the meter reading 17523km. So I had travelled 14km extra. I filled up the return checklist and the car locked after that. I told the executive there that the Navigation Tablet and the torch were missing from the beginning. He said they don't offer them anymore.

I was heading home when I got a message 2 hours after dropping off the car that I had gotten a refund in my Citrus Account!

The total cost for the journey was Rs. 980. Which basically amounts to about Rs.8.6/km. This is almost the cost what one would pay for a Uber hatchback and I paid the same for an XUV!

Terrific, terrific, flawless experience!
ashwin.terminat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th July 2015, 14:08   #690
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
... I opened up the checklist and found that the navigation tablet and the torch were missing. Indicated the same in the checklist ... He said they don't offer them anymore ...
Yes, tablet is not offered anymore. But a torch sure is.

Also some places are offering Key Less Entry(KLE), while some have reverted to manual filling of checklist. People manning Brigade Metropolis outlet said that KLE will be removed soon, as they want to update every customer about car details, in person, before he/she starts driving it.

Most Viewed