Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2015, 18:57   #721
Senior - BHPian

re: Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Cars are deteriorating pretty badly with age though. My assigned Nano had a hard clutch, uneven wear on the front tires and a slight wobble on the front left wheel.
Most Nano's with 10k plus on the odo will have these symptoms.
Old 11th August 2015, 23:06   #722
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
Overall verdict is that it is a good service, but needs a lot of improvement. At the moment, Zoomcar is just a sitting duck, waiting to hand this new industry over to a more serious competitor.
Yes, the competition is coming up.

revv has been launched in NCR.

Being new, they have new cars, competitive pricing of 89 rs per hour and the best thing is pick and drop from your home/office (destination of your choice). But both pickup and drop would be at the same location.

http://revv.co.in/

P.S. I am not associated with any of them, just sharing info here.

Last edited by tanwaramit : 11th August 2015 at 23:07.
tanwaramit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 11:27   #723
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
It would be interesting to see how Zoom cars take up maintenance of these vehicles.

The way majority of these cars are seen driven on the roads, it is going to be a herculean task to keep the vehicles in good condition.
They are least bothered about the maintenance. When I rented the figo, the start checklist and briefing was more about what was not working and what was working. Only the main elements had held up well, except for the Tyre that I had mentioned earlier. The clutch was also good.

But on the whole I doubt much of maintenance is done apart from some scheduled services and body work. They seem to phase out vehicles early. Most of the safari fleet is non existent now, and old scorpios are replaced with new ones. The ventos have gone.

They should be looking forward for abuse friendly vehicles like the innova, etios, marutis etc instead of going the other way. The Mahindras age very quickly and I stopped my aunt from booking a nano after seeing the car in person. An innova can easily last twice as long as a Scorpio or XUV can provided the same amount of abuse.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 12:24   #724
BHPian

So can we conclusively say that if one wants to enjoy driving a high end car on weekends like a Merc or enjoy driving different cars, rentals like Zoom are a much better option versus trying to buy a luxury car or change your car every couple of years ?

Thanks.
Old 12th August 2015, 12:41   #725
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfdude View Post
So can we conclusively say that if one wants to enjoy driving a high end car on weekends like a Merc or enjoy driving different cars, rentals like Zoom are a much better option versus trying to buy a luxury car or change your car every couple of years ?

Thanks.

On the contrary it's a possibility that someone wanting to select a car based on the zoom drive may just get that vehicle off the list. Most vehicles there do not drive the way they should and are abused so in a relatively bad state.
Old 12th August 2015, 13:15   #726
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbhavi View Post
On the contrary it's a possibility that someone wanting to select a car based on the zoom drive may just get that vehicle off the list. Most vehicles there do not drive the way they should and are abused so in a relatively bad state.
Oh... Thats a bummer. I was actually quite excited to drive a Zoom Merc one of these weekends.
Old 12th August 2015, 13:30   #727
Team-BHP Support

^^ I don't quite agree. I rented a spanking new Ecosport in June. I think the likes of Figo are the most abused, because they are the most used. The Mercs would be very low mileage I'd assume.
Old 12th August 2015, 13:40   #728
BHPian

Yeah partly agree with eddy the car being rented out will matter and consequently it's condition be better . A merc may not be used much and should be relatively in a good condition and also if you happen to get a new vehicle like eddy it should be good. IMHO the xuv TD vehicle (also used a lot) was miles ahead in every way of the similar zoom one.
Old 12th August 2015, 14:23   #729
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
^^ I don't quite agree. I rented a spanking new Ecosport in June. I think the likes of Figo are the most abused, because they are the most used. The Mercs would be very low mileage I'd assume.
Ok. So assuming the high end and luxury cars are in nice condition at Zoom does it does not make sense to purchase a luxury car or change your car every couple of years because you got tired of it. Now you can drive different models from companies like Zoom and satisfy your appetite for driving different and nice cars.

What do people here think about this ?
Old 12th August 2015, 14:24   #730
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfdude View Post

What do people here think about this ?
You'll get some answers here

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-ola-zoom.html
Old 12th August 2015, 14:45   #731
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Not sure mileage wise but there's mad demand for the premium cars at zoom. People who really need it for weekends will go ahead and pay the premium price. Others who want a joyride will book it in the weekdays and enjoy. Overall, they are pretty occupied. In contrast, there are sufficient number of small cars and their occupancy per car may seem less. In some locations in Bangalore there are five figos and more than five honda city. Not all these cars would be fully booked unless during weekends or holiday season.
Old 12th August 2015, 16:34   #732
BHPian

@Audioholic

I have unsuccessful more than on 3 occassions when I tried booking the E2O.

actually been mulling to to buy a used or new E2O. However wanted to actually drive one an entire day to grasp the experience. No showroom of Mahindra were willing to give me an entire day of their TD car.

Is there any shortcut to do this? Kindly share..

Yes. The Figos are available in plenty

Last edited by Grace : 12th August 2015 at 16:35. Reason: spelchk
Old 12th August 2015, 17:54   #733
BHPian

Good news for Bombay zoom car users. Finally the fortuner is now available to rent out in Mumbai. Earlier this wasn't available. The same is at 250/hour or 6000/ day. Another good thing is that more cars are now available at Matunga and Dadar which is a boon for South Mumbaiites. With http://revv.co.in now coming into the picture as someone earlier had put up, the car rental market is getting exciting and choices increasing.
Old 12th August 2015, 18:22   #734
BHPian

ZoomCar have increased the tariff of their fleet. I remember renting a GLA for 240 per hour in July. Whereas, now they are charging 280 per hour.
Old 12th August 2015, 18:40   #735
Senior - BHPian

Seems like Zoomcar has silently increased its tariff's by around 10-20%.

Figo which was earlier available for Rs. 80/hour on weekdays is now increased to 95/hour
Weekend tariff now stands at 120/hour.

The increase is across all cars. XUV now stands at 170(weekday)210(weekend)/hour. I vaguely recollect the weekend tariff at 190/hour.

EDIT: I am not sure of the quantum of rise in Diesel prices from the launch of Zoomcar. Can someone shed some light on it?
Since the rise is not in % across board, Diesel prices are the first to come to mind.
Eg: For Figo it comes to 20% but for an XUV, about 10%.

They are possibly running out of the VC money and now that they have already created a strong customer base, they are slowly hiking the prices, moving towards profitability.

Suddenly at 9.5/km, Figo no longer looks attractive. One can hire a chauffer driven cab for that price, even for outstation travel.

Last edited by vinit.merchant : 12th August 2015 at 18:54.

Most Viewed