Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2015, 19:42   #841
Senior - BHPian

re: Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post
I had rented one recently. It was an LDI(O) variant (has rear adjustable headrests). No airbags or ABS. In the car that I got, one of the rear seatbelts was unusable too
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Its the barebones Swift LDi, of course with some fancy accessories thrown in, but no ABS and stuff.
So that means it is the one with those poor brakes. Thank you for the prompt reply.

Unfortunately, I checked the Figo's at my nearest location and they are quite abused. I spotted the Swifts which did not even have their plastic sheets removed from the seats so went ahead and booked the swift in place of Figo. But I forgot to check the variant of the swifts.

Did it even have a music system? Otherwise I will change my booking to the Figo.

Last edited by vinit.merchant : 6th November 2015 at 19:44.
Old 6th November 2015, 21:48   #842
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
So that means it is the one with those poor brakes. Thank you for the prompt reply.

Unfortunately, I checked the Figo's at my nearest location and they are quite abused. I spotted the Swifts which did not even have their plastic sheets removed from the seats so went ahead and booked the swift in place of Figo. But I forgot to check the variant of the swifts.

Did it even have a music system? Otherwise I will change my booking to the Figo.
The variant that I got was LDI. There is no LDI(O), only LXI(O). Sorry about that

I haven't driven 2011 Swift enough to compare with the 2014 facelifted Swift. The 2015 one I drove definitely had below par brakes. The first hard braking I had to do on the highway had me scared even though I was braking early already in anticipation of poor brakes. I started braking even earlier after that.

Coming to Figo, some are ZXI variants and some are one level below that. If it is a ZXI, you'll get a tachometer (may be a driver airbag as well, not sure about that). Otherwise you won't. That is a turn off with the LDI too.

All Zoomcars come with a music system AFAIK. At least in Figo, Swift and above cars. In Swift, it is just a basic single DIN system with USB support. You may get AUX support as well. Sound system will most likely have below par audio quality as expected. The Figo I drove had Ford OEM system which sounds decent.

Last edited by theredliner : 6th November 2015 at 21:59.
Old 6th November 2015, 23:55   #843
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
I was just trying to find out what features does the swift have that zoomcar offers.
Anyone who rented it recently knows whether the swift from zoomcar has ABS & Airbags ?
Recently had an opportunity to "test" one of Zoom's Swifts' here in Bangalore over ~ 500 Kms.
Have done the same trip over 10 separate bookings with Zoom's Figos as well ( 20 bookings in all since last June ).
The older Figos, in blue, are the Titanium variants, the newer Figos, in Orange, are lower-end variants without much niceties.

The last time, I had to book a Swift since no Figos were available - wasn't really looking forward to the drive & was expecting a rattly ride in a softly sprung car with bad brakes.
The Swift I got had run ~8,500 Kms & was surprisingly, for lack of a better word, 'tight'.
Compared to the Figo, the clutch was lighter, the engine more refined, & the car masked it's speed much better.
While the Figo's suspension has a certain finesse & strikes a good balance between ride & handling, the Swift wasn't very far behind, despite being sprung softer.
The brakes in the Figo are very 'sharp' & confidence inspiring, but when you brake hard, especially in the bends, the wheels tend to lock.
The Swift's brakes don't have the urgency of the Figo's, but you can modulate it better, moreover in the car I got, when you braked hard in the corners, the car tended to track tighter & was a real hoot in the twisties.
The Swift really surprised me & I came away from that drive really liking it better than the Figo - the only fly in the ointment was that the headlights were set too low & it was a pain to drive at night with opposing traffic.
If you don't get a Figo, you're better off in the Swift, compared to say the Amaze or the Eco-Sport - both very insipid to drive.

Last edited by im_srini : 7th November 2015 at 00:01.
Old 7th November 2015, 14:30   #844
Senior - BHPian

Had written a mail to Zoomcar cc yesterday asking the variant details and whether it has abs etc. But then went ahead and checked the car at the location. All were Ldi with remote locking and Sony music system added. Talked to the Zoomcar guy at location. He said 40 Ldi were bought together.

Also recd a reply from cc today stating variant is vdi. Silly.
Old 7th November 2015, 14:37   #845
BHPian

Hey guys, any idea how does this Citrus Pay work? I was trying to book a car for tomorrow but the website says the refund of Security would take place via Citrus Pay. Would I need to further transfer the money from Citrus pay back to my credit card? Confusing.
Old 7th November 2015, 14:45   #846
BHPian

Try Justride.in. They allow you direct booking using your credit card.
Also they are clear on the car versions and their cars pretty new.
Old 7th November 2015, 15:00   #847
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibot View Post
Hey guys, any idea how does this Citrus Pay work? I was trying to book a car for tomorrow but the website says the refund of Security would take place via Citrus Pay. Would I need to further transfer the money from Citrus pay back to my credit card? Confusing.
You can transfer the money from citrus pay to your bank account directly until recently. Not sure if they have changed this policy for credit card payments. Which means you can get 5k in your account even before you have paid it via the CC statement.
Old 7th November 2015, 15:17   #848
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
You can transfer the money from citrus pay to your bank account directly until recently. Not sure if they have changed this policy for credit card payments. Which means you can get 5k in your account even before you have paid it via the CC statement.
Thanks! I think in that case I'll make the payment via Netbanking. It'll be easier that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaileshHinge View Post
Try Justride.in. They allow you direct booking using your credit card.
Also they are clear on the car versions and their cars pretty new.
They don't have any close by pick up points and it's out of my budget too. I'm looking for a cheap economical hatchback to go around give diwali presents in. What a sucky time to have your car stolen :(
Old 7th November 2015, 19:03   #849
BHPian

Need to attend a colleague's wedding in Kerala this December, train and bus tickets worked out to 2k per person for a round trip + transportation costs over there , which would bring the effective cost per head close to 2.5k
Then this nice idea sprang up! Why don't we rent a car from zoomcar? Will be easier for us ,thanks to the flexible timings! Plus the effective cost per head will be cut short.
The total journey will be 600+600kms, there are two options for us, The figo and the swift! I was sure of taking the figo citing the bigger boot and bigger cabin. But, after reading the previous posts, looks like Figos are all rattly and the Swifts are better. Kinda torn between these two now!
Anyone from Chennai who rented a figo recently?

Plus, this is going to be my first booking! Will I be getting the 10% discount? I saw a coupon today that gives flat 30% off.

The effective price of the figo for 1200kms (after selecting Zoomcar Extra) came upto 10950. Is it worth it?
Old 12th November 2015, 16:55   #850
BHPian

just got this message from Zoom

Zoomcar presents The Self Drive Holiday Sale on 18 Nov 15 ! Get flat 50% off on bookings between 18 Dec 15 to 3 Jan 16. For details, visit bit.ly/1Lbu9jO

Will be worth a try.. i already have my ride booked on justride but will definitely check this out on 18th
Old 16th November 2015, 13:30   #851
BHPian

Had booked a Ciaz A/T for a round-trip to Tanjore/Kumbakonam. The car was VXI+. It had clocked 11.5 K kms and looked like it was abused indeed.

It was not decked for the next ride, not washed, interiors not cleaned, the employee said that the car had just come an hour ago from another trip, but that doesn't mean I have to compromise, which I would have gladly had they offered some discounts. Very bad service this time around from Zoom.
The A/C control knob had come off, the car had front headlight casing broken, dents in the left fendfer, rear bumper, right side front and rear doors, the car was poorly maintianed.

The reason for booking a Ciaz was to experience the AT, the only other AT in chennai is the GLA which is way beyond the budget. Me and one of my colleague had gone for the trip and the experience was awesome, my left leg was happily enjoying the ride to and fro.

The Ciaz has P, R, N, D, 2 and L modes, the 2 and L modes are specifically for overtaking and getting surge ahead from cursing speed, they both engage a single gear and lets the car surge ahead, couldn't make out the difference between 2 and L modes as this is the first time I'm driving an AT, although had a brief stint with the GLA for 50KMs.

Ciaz AT has good cruising ability, floor the throttle and the gear box just hesitates and cuts down appropriate no of gears in sync with the pressure on the accelerator, the car surges ahead. I was not comfortable using the 2 and L modes and I'm sure it is due to my inexperience with AT. Expert advice needed. MSIL missed the cruise control feature

All said and done, manual gives that connected feeling to the car and it sure gives more control and confidence but takes its toll on the left leg

We covered a total of 698 KMs and the trip costed 10.6 K in total.

Car + Open highway + Rain/drizzle + Isaignani's songs = Blissful life
Old 16th November 2015, 14:09   #852
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra View Post
The Ciaz has P, R, N, D, 2 and L modes, the 2 and L modes are specifically for overtaking and getting surge ahead from cursing speed, they both engage a single gear and lets the car surge ahead, couldn't make out the difference between 2 and L modes as this is the first time I'm driving an AT, although had a brief stint with the GLA for 50KMs.
OT and based on my experience with i10 Auto.

2 = Restricts the GB to gears 1 and 2
L = Only 1st gear is engaged

The only time I use 2 and L in my i10 Auto is when going down steep mall parking ramps or when coming down ghats having tight hair pin bends. On normal ghat sections just switching off OD and restricting to 3rd gear is good enough. Not sure if there is a Overdrive ON/OFF switch for Maruti AT.

For overtaking, you can just leave the lever in D and just press the Accelerator a bit more, GB will shift down 1-2 gears and give you the necessary shove.

Last edited by freedom : 16th November 2015 at 14:10.
freedom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2015, 14:34   #853
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
OT and based on my experience with i10 Auto.

2 = Restricts the GB to gears 1 and 2
L = Only 1st gear is engaged

Not sure if there is a Overdrive ON/OFF switch for Maruti AT.
Thanks! for the info, Ciaz has an OD switch to the right of the gear knob and the status of the same reflects in the MID.
With OD the car cruises @ 100KMPH with RPM needle at 2150
With OD off, the engine strains - 80 KMPH @ 3000 RPM
Old 17th November 2015, 23:36   #854
BHPian

Was just browsing through the zoomcars site to check for any ongoing offers. For people in and around Delhi intending to use the zoomcar services, there is an offer just for tomorrow i.e. 18/11/15.

Name:  zoom1.png
Views: 1671
Size:  172.0 KB
Name:  zoom.png
Views: 1669
Size:  86.5 KB
GameOfCars is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2015, 01:07   #855
Team-BHP Support

Just booked an XUV for my Rajasthan trip in December. 50% discount rocks

Most Viewed