Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2015, 14:54   #856
BHPian

re: Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India

me also booked Scorpio for my Rajasthan Trip during Christmas at 50% discount.(3300 KMs).
Old 18th November 2015, 21:01   #857
Senior - BHPian

Zoomcar has just lowered their Weekday fares across board to the initial levels.

Swift & Figo again cost 80/ hour for the weekday. And this is when I completed my booking today morning which included 2 weekdays. I am not sure if the benefit will be transferred to existing bookings, but seems highly unlikely.

Weekend rates remain at their increased level.
Old 19th November 2015, 00:36   #858
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameOfCars View Post
Was just browsing through the zoomcars site to check for any ongoing offers. For people in and around Delhi intending to use the zoomcar services, there is an offer just for tomorrow i.e. 18/11/15.

Attachment 1440839
Attachment 1440838
Super Thanks. Just booked it in nick of time & saved a cool 18K on the booking.

Thanks a bunch.
Old 19th November 2015, 00:44   #859
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishwaschettri View Post
Super Thanks. Just booked it in nick of time & saved a cool 18K on the booking.

Thanks a bunch.
Wow 18k. That is some amount. Glad I could be of some help.

By the way if I may ask, where are you headed to and which car did you book through them?
Old 19th November 2015, 00:50   #860
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameOfCars View Post
Wow 18k. That is some amount. Glad I could be of some help.

By the way if I may ask, where are you headed to and which car did you book through them?
I know and all thanks to you. I have booked an XUV for 6 days, no clue which way I am headed yet . 50% off was just too good to let go.

Caronrent had a similar 50% off scheme in august. Then too I had booked a duster without finalizing the destination. Visited lansdowne that time, lets see where it is to this time.

Cheers
Vishwas
vishwaschettri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2015, 12:18   #861
BHPian

This is perfect opportunity to test out luxury cars to your hearts content.
Although the selection is quite limited on both Zoomcar and caronrent.
I ended up booking CLA class, just to tryout the frameless windows.

How I wish that Zoomcar starts offering supercars (Ms, AMGs, RS etc) on tracks around metro cities. I am sure there would be long queue to experience such machines.
Acharya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2015, 08:32   #862
BHPian

Have a querry - How do i reach to someone in zoom ?

here is my problem.
I have booked a scorpio for my rajasthan trip from Mumbai. i need to pick it up from VileParle somewhere.

Since this is like a 3500 KMs ride, I am nervous about the vehicle condition that i will get. We are all used to drive well maintained vehicles. Is there a way i can work with zoom to get a relatively newer vehicle ? ( maybe less abused).

Since this is my first time with zoom, can someone help me how i can reach to someone ( not call center) and ask for help.

Thanks,
Shailesh.
Old 20th November 2015, 09:58   #863
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaileshHinge View Post
here is my problem.
I have booked a scorpio for my rajasthan trip from Mumbai. i need to pick it up from VileParle somewhere.

Since this is like a 3500 KMs ride, I am nervous about the vehicle condition that i will get. We are all used to drive well maintained vehicles. Is there a way i can work with zoom to get a relatively newer vehicle ? ( maybe less abused).
There is no way to achieve what you want. But what you can do is go and check the location and see the xuvs there. You will get a fair idea of the condition of the car. The person there will also open the cars for you to see.
I did that before booking, and booked the swift instead of the Figo, as shifts were newer.
vinit.merchant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2015, 11:22   #864
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaileshHinge View Post

You should better write them a mail explaining the scenario. Maybe they might take your case in special consideration and make necessary arrangements. Nothing lost in doing so. Rest is left to your prayers to ensure that the car will run flawlessly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
I did that before booking, and booked the swift instead of the Figo, as shifts were newer.
I did that too, but our plan bombed. We needed two scorpios and before booking I went to the location to check them out. One was booked in Rajajinagar and it was a four month old scorpio with 13k km on the odo. Another one I found near my house was again a brand new four month old scorpio, brought from the same batch of cars (0078 and 0081) and had run just 11k kms. Unfortulately this 11k km run scorpio had a gearbox issue and broke down on the last day of the trip. I was told that this car had already got its engine replaced once. Its a very difficult bet.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2015, 11:29   #865
BHPian

Thanks AudioHolic.

Based on the recco, plan on doing 2 things.

Going to the location to check the vehicle.
attempt to write to zoom. Will search for the mailID and request a new vechicle since its a 13 day long booking with a lot of kms to be done in 3 states.

As you said - rest is left to prayers
Old 25th November 2015, 17:05   #866
BHPian

Just an update on my first Zoomcar booking, a Ford Ecosport 1.5D. I insisted on (and got) a Titanium variant with ABS & airbags. It had 27K on the odo, a few nicks and scratches, but was otherwise in excellent condition apart from a slightly stiffer than usual clutch. Pickup at Bangalore airport was timely and the booking formalities were completed quickly. The station in-charge was professional enough to point out the previous damages and recommended that I take photographs as evidence in case of any later dispute. The return handover also went smoothly with just a cursory inspection of the vehicle. All I was asked was whether I had filled any fuel, to which I said no.
The only issue I noticed was that the 'complimentary' 8km x 2 airport transfers were added to the kms covered during my trip, but I was safely within the free limit.
Old 25th November 2015, 17:13   #867
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemant.kamat View Post
Just an update on my first Zoomcar booking, a Ford Ecosport 1.5D. I insisted on (and got) a Titanium variant with ABS & airbags.
Where do you insist ? I am getting all generic answers on all my calls to the call centers. Is there a place i can call to request for a newer car with ABS ?
I have blocked a scorpio from Mumbai for 12 days in december. But i am told i need to connect with call center 2 days in advance.

Do you have any connects who can help me ?
Old 25th November 2015, 19:14   #868
BHPian

Hi. I am planning to book a Scorpio or the Ciaz AT from Chennai in December. Planning to drive down to Pondicherry.

Will I need to pay any entry tax while entering Pondicherry? If yes, then can someone help with where this tax needs to be paid? Can I pay it online?
Old 25th November 2015, 19:22   #869
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptushar View Post

Will I need to pay any entry tax while entering Pondicherry? If yes, then can someone help with where this tax needs to be paid? Can I pay it online?
Both being in the same state, there would ideally be no entry tax. But even if there is some, you do not need to worry much since there will be checkposts/collection points just like the toll.

I am not sure of contonment tax if any.
Old 25th November 2015, 19:26   #870
BHPian

Quote:
Both being in the same state, there would ideally be no entry tax.
Pondicherry is a separate UT. Not part of TN. So I assumed that there might be a separate entry tax.
Has anyone rented in Chennai and taken the car to Pondicherry?

Quote:
I am not sure of contonment tax if any.
What is this tax? Is this something specific for TN?

Most Viewed