Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2016, 11:23   #946
BHPian

re: Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India

Planning to book a car and drive from Pune to Hyderabad. The question is whether Zoomcar refunds the RTO tax for Telangana even if the car is booked din Pune? Has someone driven from Pune to Hyderabad in a Zoomcar?
Old 13th January 2016, 11:31   #947
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakash4u View Post
Dear BHPians.
I am trying to book a zoom car and it is always taking me to "CITRUS".
Have you guys experienced any good/bad moments with CITRUS wallet?
Quote:
Originally Posted by srivibhu View Post
I did not use CITRUS wallet, I think there is an option to skip using it. I got refunds back to my credit card and bank account.
thanks
CITRUS wallet is hassle free. The highlight is you can pay through credit card and get the refund transferred to your A/C, helps at times
I recently withdrew cash from CITRUS. Pls find the snapshot attached

Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India-zc.jpg

You select which A/C, enter the amount to be withdrawn, type the OTP and BINGO!!!

Last edited by Karthik Chandra : 13th January 2016 at 11:32.
Karthik Chandra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th January 2016, 00:13   #948
BHPian

^

That is the only good thing about Citrus. It takes ages for them to initiate the refund and get it in the wallet. Wallet to account is another 7-15 days. After a while one tends to forget whether they'd really withdrawn the money from Citrus or not since there is no logging of events on the site. You click "withdraw" and off it vanishes from the site. Mailed them thrice in separate cases concerning my refund in total of more than 30k. It does come after a while, but not until you start wondering and make noise.
Old 15th January 2016, 00:47   #949
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuu View Post
^

That is the only good thing about Citrus. It takes ages for them to initiate the refund and get it in the wallet. Wallet to account is another 7-15 days. After a while one tends to forget whether they'd really withdrawn the money from Citrus or not since there is no logging of events on the site. You click "withdraw" and off it vanishes from the site. Mailed them thrice in separate cases concerning my refund in total of more than 30k. It does come after a while, but not until you start wondering and make noise.
I didn't have that hassle. I withdrew on 13th and the amount got credited to my A/C on 14th. I have had similar experiences each time. The TAT hasn't execeeded 2 days thus far
Old 15th January 2016, 01:49   #950
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptushar View Post
Planning to book a car and drive from Pune to Hyderabad. The question is whether Zoomcar refunds the RTO tax for Telangana even if the car is booked din Pune? Has someone driven from Pune to Hyderabad in a Zoomcar?
The tax for Telangana and Andhra Pradesh which needs to be paid for a year AFAIK is already paid by Zoomcar for all their cars. I think it's around 4k. You can check with zoomcar for more info.
Old 15th January 2016, 13:21   #951
BHPian

I checked with Zoomcars. The Telangana and AP tax is refunded ONLY if you are renting from Bangalore. In case you are renting from any other location then you will need to pay this tax yourself and it WILL NOT be refunded. Actually this makes renting a more costly option in case you are renting in Pune or Chennai and planning a drive to any location in AP or TS.
Old 15th January 2016, 13:31   #952
Senior - BHPian

Quite a few zoomcars even in other cities appear to be ka registered and with AP / Telangana tax paid. Just check if your zoomcar already has it paid
Old 27th January 2016, 05:33   #953
BHPian

I am planning to book self driven car for rent for my 11 days trip from chennai to Gujarat. I have booked self driven car from carzonrent in chennai for a trip to bangalore last month. Initially they gave me defective swift VDI with gear-shift issues but later they gave us a brand new swift VDI from another pickup point.

When I checked both on carzonrent and zoom car for the total trip cost is very high in zoom car compared to carzonrent.

Hence I would like to know from all the members here on which company to choose. I would like to book the hyundai creata considering the amount of luggage I am going to travel with which comes to around 36000 + 5000 (security deposit) with unlimited kms.

Whereas there is no hyundai creata with zoom car, hence I would have to go with either honda amaze or ford eco sport. The former costs me around 42000 + 5000 (security deposit) with 3660 kms and fuel amount re-paid but speed limit restrictions.

Ford ecosport comes to around 47000 + 5000 security deposit and 3660 kms.

Hence considering a journey of 3500+ kms from chennai to vadodara and vice versa, please let me know which company to choose.

Also let me know which car to book considering the long journey. There will not be any kids on board however my mom and dad are aged and I will be the single driver throughout the journey.

Will there be any issues with police stopping the vehicle while crossing the state borders since carzonrent are KA registered cars and zoom car are AP registered.

Waiting for valuable inputs from all members.
Old 27th January 2016, 10:30   #954
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udayjani View Post
Also let me know which car to book considering the long journey. There will not be any kids on board however my mom and dad are aged and I will be the single driver throughout the journey.
Did you consider the XUV from Zoom?

Quote:
Will there be any issues with police stopping the vehicle while crossing the state borders since carzonrent are KA registered cars and zoom car are AP registered.
The self drive cars have all india permits, you will however be required to pay the RTO tax (validity ranging from a week to a year depending on which state it is) for each state as you enter them at the first available RTO checkpost. The same may also be paid online for some states. Information regarding RTO taxes are available on Zoom's website.
hothatchaway is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2016, 11:16   #955
Senior - BHPian

As you said just four people including two elderly parents a roomy sedan like the amaze or better still Honda City will work better as older speople with stiff joints and rheumatism may ifindgeit difficult to t in and out of a high slung suv compared to a sedan
hserus is offline   Received Infraction
Old 27th January 2016, 11:30   #956
BHPian

Quote:
Like others mentioned, you should not have issues with permits but please ensure you have that yellow tape fixed on your right headlight so as to evade unnecessary scrutiny in Gujarat
DWind is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2016, 15:21   #957
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am planning to book self driven car for rent for my 11 days trip from chennai to Gujarat.
Since you are renting, why not fly into Bombay and rent from there? This will cut down 2400 km, 2 days of drive time, 2 state border crossings into KA and MH spent on the Madras-Bombay drive.

Do explore if this option is viable compared to spending on the rent/mileage on rented cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWind View Post
Like others mentioned, you should not have issues with permits but please ensure you have that yellow tape fixed on your right headlight so as to evade unnecessary scrutiny in Gujarat
Yellow tape is no longer needed.
Old 4th February 2016, 22:33   #958
BHPian

I just received this email from zoom car. Anyone else?

You now don’t have to pay any deposit on Zoomcar bookings for the next 6 months! So go ahead and make as many bookings as you like, even daily if you want.

What did you do to deserve this? Among other criteria, you were one of our loyal customers and made 2 bookings with a combined value of Rs 5000 or more. This is our way of showing you some love.
mukundz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th February 2016, 23:23   #959
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukundz View Post

You now don't have to pay any deposit on Zoomcar bookings for the next 6 months! So go ahead and make as many bookings as you like, even daily if you want.

What did you do to deserve this? Among other criteria, you were one of our loyal customers and made 2 bookings with a combined value of Rs 5000 or more. This is our way of showing you some love.
I haven't received any such mail as of now but I hope I will because my bookings amount to around 21k . I have a trip that I will be booking a swift for and no deposit will be great.
Old 5th February 2016, 07:37   #960
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukundz View Post
Me neither. I guess it was sent to you since you would have made repeated bookings with them. And they realised that you were one of those customers who did not pay 5k and total a car like what a lot of others have done. Hence, they decided to waive it off for you. Not sure why I have not got one though I have always got back the car in good shape. I think it also considers the frequency of bookings. I for rarely book a car from them.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks