Team-BHP - Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Street Experiences (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/)
-   -   Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/133357-zoom-car-reviews-self-drive-rentals-india-65.html)

I have received this email and an SMS from ZoomCar.
Interesting thing is I haven't used their services since last May. I haven't had a need to use them since then.
Maybe this is their ploy to lure back old customers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mukundz (Post 3906171)
I just received this email from zoom car. Anyone else?

I got this one too. Last booking I made was in 2014.

I ain't a frequent user by any stretch of the definition, but I got that email too! Not that I'm in any hurry to avail their services, given the sorry state of most of their fleet.

I guess they've started to lose business to the variety of competition cropping up everywhere. The emails are going out at random, the caveat being future deposit will be waived off for anyone who books for two trips totaling >5000 INR.

Quote:

Zoomcar is super glad that you used one of our cars. We would love to continue seeing you behind the wheel, and to make it easier for you to keep renting Zoomcar we have decided to waive the security deposit for you!

Once you make two or more bookings with a combined value of Rs 5000 or more (after removing any credits and discounts) you will no longer have to pay a security deposit for 6 months. Make as many bookings as you like, even daily if you want!

Book Now

We hope to see you deposit free soon!

Best,
The ZoomCar Team

Last saturday I had rented a Safari for airport drop . I picked up the car from JP Nagar center , the car was clean and all formalities were completed on time. I was near Mysore bank circle , had to take a right turn towards Chalukya hotel. Suddenly the steering wheel stopped turning. I was not able to make a 90 degree turn at all. The turning radius of the car was very limited. I had to make a deep right turn. I tugged the steering wheel a bit hard and it seemed to work fine for a while. I experienced the same problem at airport parking lot and a lot of places on my way back home.

While returning the car I pointed it out to the zoom car attendent who duly apologised and told me that the car wont be rented out till the issue is fixed.

Yes, they may have a more complex reason than they admit: if they are trying to ensure repeat bookings, then they may be selecting customers who have booked more than once but not very often. They do not need to encourage those who are booking regularly anyway.

Quote:

Originally Posted by audioholic (Post 3906341)
Me neither. I guess it was sent to you since you would have made repeated bookings with them. And they realised that you were one of those customers who did not pay 5k and total a car like what a lot of others have done. :D Hence, they decided to waive it off for you. Not sure why I have not got one though I have always got back the car in good shape. I think it also considers the frequency of bookings. I for rarely book a car from them.

Yeah! I've never had a reason so far for them to charge me extra (Touch wood)

Though I hadn't used their service in almost a year. Only since November I've been making random bookings at the rate of a booking every month. Least it takes away the burden of having to log into my Citrus wallet account each time post a refund of deposit and initiate it.

I also had a major issue with them with my bookings for Ciaz at Garuda Mall. They have a fleet of 4-5 Ciaz cars here. And somehow each time I've made a booking for a Ciaz they always end up assigning the worst in the fleet (3791). This car has a huge dent on the bonnet which follows all the way over the roof. Makes you imagine it someone and the person rolled over. I've ended up spending half an hour on phone each booking asking them to change to a different car. :Frustrati

Edit: I just noticed more people appear to have got the email. Looks like a ploy to increase booking frequency. I guess they chose to send to a few customers who didn't return with any damages.

Guys any idea about the condition of cars in Jayanagar Garuda mall or BSK 1st stage? I am planning to rent a car preferably a Ciaz or an XUV from either of the locations and I wanted to know how the cars are. I have observed that the car condition is location specific since some locations are less frequently booked. Any info would be helpful since I want the car for tomorrow.

Booked a Merc GLA for the evening drive to surprise my wife. The car scheduled to be rented was involved in an accident.
I only got the news once I reached the location to pick up the car. Cancelled the booking along with my plans for the evening.
Pathetic to say the least. :deadhorse
I had not used any self driving service since last May and it just reinforced my belief that Zoomcar or any other service are unreliable and cannot be trusted. :Frustrati

No self drive service will ever make me give up my cars for anytime in the future.

Got this update. No security deposit on my account for life is what I understand. This is different from the 6 month exclusive.

Edit: to clarify, after the update, the app shows 6 months.

Planning to go to pondicherry by Zoomcar (Swift most probably) from Bangalore. How much permit tax will i have to pay and is it refundable?

People who have been on the same route please mention your experience. Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by emperorofindia (Post 3919093)
Planning to go to pondicherry by Zoomcar (Swift most probably) from Bangalore. How much permit tax will i have to pay and is it refundable?

People who have been on the same route please mention your experience. Thanks.

The permit is not refundable unless you're travelling to AP. I paid 100 for Kerala(The receipt said 50 but those guys didn't return the change when I gave a 100 )
It must be something similar for Pondy too.

Looks like Zoomcar is adding the Baleno to its fleet. Saw a new mid end Baleno with black and yellow plates being driven near double road. It had the Ramesh Tours and Travels logo and had not been branded by Zoomcar.
In other news, the CLA and 3 series and the A class are no more.

Quote:

Originally Posted by audioholic (Post 3922077)
Looks like Zoomcar is adding the Baleno to its fleet. Saw a new mid end Baleno with black and yellow plates being driven near double road. It had the Ramesh Tours and Travels logo and had not been branded by Zoomcar.

I've seen this same Baleno and it's driven by a driver. It's not part of Zoom.

Off late I think Zoom no longer has a tie up with Ramesh travels. I don't see the RTT logo anymore.

The baleno is a regular cab from RTT with black and yellow plates which can be for self drive as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vid6639 (Post 3922120)
I've seen this same Baleno and it's driven by a driver. It's not part of Zoom.

Off late I think Zoom no longer has a tie up with Ramesh travels. I don't see the RTT logo anymore.

It depends upon the location. I still see some Ciaz and Scorpios with the RTT logos while some belong to Zoomcar itself. The zoomcar vehicles are registered under a different series compared to the ones from RTT.

Quote:

Originally Posted by audioholic (Post 3922077)

Just checked their website, CLA, 3series, and A class are still available. They seem to have added Ritz to their fleet.