Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2016, 10:14   #1141
Senior - BHPian

re: Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India

According to the Zoomcar website, it is near an ayyappa temple close to gate 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by adhiraj View Post
Has anyone picked up Zoomcar from electronic city phase 1 (Infosys-Gate 6) location? I need the exact location of the pickup point.I scouted that area yesterday but could not find the designated area. There is an empty ground opposite to altimetrik, but no sing boards or rental cars were there :(
PS> I know that area well, you can give me any landmark/company name which will be easier for me.

Thanks
Old 18th October 2016, 11:51   #1142
Senior - BHPian

Announcing launch of ZAP - fractional car ownership program

Got the following email from Zoomcar today:

Quote:
Dear Zoomer,
Effective today, we are announcing the closure of our Zoomcar full-time attachment program. We wanted to thank you for your tremendous support and confidence in this program. We received an overwhelming response in a very short time with more than 5,000 interested customers, allowing us to reach a milestone of nearly 500 cars permanently attached on Zoomcar's platform! You are key enablers for Zoomcar’s continued growth and we will work tirelessly towards ensuring that we meet and exceed your every expectation in this partnership program.

While the full-time attachment program is now officially closed, we will continue to accept registrations of associates for our flagship ZAP fractional car ownership program. Under this program, associates will have the opportunity to purchase a car on Zoomcar’s registration, use it for their personal use when they want, and then list it dynamically on the Zoomcar platform when idle (from your home or office!)

The revenue earned from listing for just 10 days in a month will allow an associate to realize a >50% reduction in EMI, translating to >3 Lakh savings in car ownership cost. In addition, ZAP also makes your car SMART by providing real-time car health monitoring, app based lock/unlock, on-demand cleaning services, etc.

We look forward to your continued trust in the Zoomcar brand and helping us spread the word about the ZAP fractional car ownership program.
Old 18th October 2016, 17:04   #1143
Senior - BHPian

Re: Announcing launch of ZAP - fractional car ownership program

What they don't mention is much higher insurance costs due to commercial insurance, the cars are abused so heavily that their life span is likely to be almost over by the time you finish paying off any loan EMI that you took for it .. all the usual.

And depends on whether repairs and maintenance on the vehicle are charged to you or to zoomcar.
hserus is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 21st October 2016, 16:49   #1144

Shailesh,

Which version of Scorpio did you get ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaileshHinge View Post
My first Experience with Zoom Car ...with some conditions apply.
One of the front tyre was flat an
4) Car ready to be taken away( 2 snaps)

Last edited by GTO : 22nd October 2016 at 09:27. Reason: Typos
luckyakash is offline   Received Infraction
Old 21st October 2016, 17:56   #1145
BHPian

Was very basic. No ABS, no Airbags. dont recollect the exact model. its been 1 year. I have the photos shared in my travellogue

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ml#post4079187

Thanks,
Shailesh.

Last edited by GTO : 22nd October 2016 at 09:27. Reason: Removing quoted post
Old 22nd October 2016, 11:53   #1146

Was that a diesel version?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaileshHinge View Post
Was very basic. No ABS, no Airbags. dont recollect the exact model. its been 1 year. I have the photos shared in my travellogue

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ml#post4079187

Thanks,
Shailesh.
Old 22nd October 2016, 15:34   #1147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyakash View Post
Zoomcar's vehicles are almost always diesel.

And you can assume the very lowest end - S2 in general - for their Scorpios.

And the same, lowest end trim available in diesel - for most of their other vehicles.
Old 22nd October 2016, 15:37   #1148
BHPian

Yes. it was Diesel. I dont think zoom has any petrol Scorpio's.
Old 22nd October 2016, 16:52   #1149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post
Got the following email from Zoomcar today:
The ZAP makes sense if the vehicle is bought with cash. If you have spare cash, you can go ahead. It doesn't make any financial sense if taken on loan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
What they don't mention is much higher insurance costs due to commercial insurance, the cars are abused so heavily that their life span is likely to be almost over by the time you finish paying off any loan EMI that you took for it .. all the usual.
True, once you finish off the loan, the amount left will not be worth the risk taken.

Quote:
And depends on whether repairs and maintenance on the vehicle are charged to you or to zoomcar.
Everything - insurance, periodic service, repairs, part replacement, tyre change and others need to be taken care of by the owner of the vehicle

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyakash View Post
Quote:
Zoomcar's vehicles are almost always diesel.
Except for the Nano and Ciaz AT all zoom cars are diesel variants

Quote:
And you can assume the very lowest end - S2 in general - for their Scorpios.
I had got a new Scorpio S4 done 2894 Kms today. I had rented it for an airport errand.

S2 variant comes with m2DICR which produces 75 BHP & 200 NM of torque. All scorpio's in Zoom car are S4 variants which have the mHawk under the hood. I wish they could have got the S4+ with airbags and ABS.
Old 23rd October 2016, 15:32   #1150
Senior - BHPian

I was in Chennai yesterday and this time I did not take the Crysta as the windshield replacement is pending. So I rented a Mercedes GLA for the day from Zoomcar for city runs. I reached earlier than expected so had to wait for some time as they can issue the vehicle only upto 20 minutes before the booking time starts. It was a hassle free experience; delivery and return. The car had run 56000Kms and interior cleanliness was OK with no bad smells or litter; the car needs a bit of TLC to bring it back to Merc standards

The car was KA registered and there was no issue except that it gathered a lot of eyeballs and while being parked I heard some passersby mention "Karnataka" after looking at the vehicle.
Old 24th October 2016, 15:00   #1151
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What they don't mention is much higher insurance costs due to commercial insurance,
Generally it is only the first year in which they take the comprehensive insurance. That too when the insurance is bundled up with the price of the car like, lets say, free insurance, etc. Pot that, it is always 3rd party insurance.

Contrary to the popular belief, the taxi segment hardly makes use of the comprehensive Insurance coverage. The only use they have is in case the car is totalled.
Otherwise, for the commercial segment, nobody claims insurance for dings and dents, bumpers etc. We see so many yellow plate cars with lots of abuse showing on the body.

Reason being, they cannot afford to not utilize the car for the time it takes to claim insurance. Generally a week to 10 days for the Insurance to pass the claim and then the time taken to actually fix the car.
It is a big loss of revenue for them, especially when they are paying EMI's.
They do not even bother to fix the cosmetic bits of their car. They prefer to keep plying it on road, earn as much from the car as they can, and then after a couple of years, sell it off.

Last edited by vinit.merchant : 24th October 2016 at 15:03.
Old 25th October 2016, 11:33   #1152
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey Guys,

I might have to hire a zoom car or some other competing rental for a self drive trip of about a week into Kerala (from Bangalore). Since these are all yellow boards, what is the deal with RTO taxes at the border? Dont tourist cabs have to get a permit issued to travel across?

How does Zoom Car deal with this? Do I tell them up ahead about this and they give me the papers? Does it cost extra?

I am looking at hiring an Innova with airbags, I wonder if Zoomcar has this on their fleet. Would you suggest I look at any other company in Bangalore for a similar service? I just want a no nonsense experience really.
Old 25th October 2016, 13:41   #1153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
Reason being, they cannot afford to not utilize the car for the time it takes to claim insurance. Generally a week to 10 days for the Insurance to pass the claim and then the time taken to actually fix the car.
You mistook my point.

Insurance for white board / personal use vehicles have explicit clauses against use of the vehicle for hired transport of goods or people.

Commercial vehicles insurance has to cover the owner, hired employee (driver / cleaner), passengers if any, goods carried need to be covered by an insurance .. so much more complex.

The addons you mention - bumper to bumper cover, 0 depreciation - need not be availed even by private cars if the owners don't want it.
hserus is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2016, 14:41   #1154
BHPian

Hi,

Just wanted to post an update on my recent experience on hiring a zoomcar at Ahmedabad city, their new location.

I had initially hired autoriders but having no experience with them and lack of any reviews, I chose to shift to zoomcar (took Scorpio) since I have hired their cars few times and all good experience and also Ahmedabad as their new city, so thought I would be given a brand new car.

Hired their car for 2 days for my travel to Nathdwara (religious place near Udaipur, Rajasthan: around 350kms from Ahmedabad). Initially on pick up inspection the scorpio was an old one with 65,000kms on ODO and MH registration. Overall the car was in good exterior condition apart from the smelly interiors.

Once i proceeded with my tour, I realised that the AC was not at all effective even after running for an hour, No wheel alignment/ balancing and post running around 250kms I realized that the tyres had some issue. On inspection this is what i saw:

Now this i couldn't see at inspection time since that was on inner side of the wheel (or maybe it was a bit dark at 6 am). I thank my stars to not have gone through any un-toward incident and the back up tyre was good enough for the trip.

There was no response from Zoomcar on putting up a complaint. I guess they are just rushing to increase market share with sub-optimal car conditions. I hope the management reviews their complaint books and reviews on sites like TeamBHP.
Attached Thumbnails
Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India-img_2578.jpg  

Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India-img_2580.jpg  

rahulk2510 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th October 2016, 14:47   #1155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Hey Guys,

Dont tourist cabs have to get a permit issued to travel across?
You are correct. You will have to take permit at the state border. Zoom will give you all the necessary papers. You just have to stop at the window, pay the necessary amount and off you go.

I dont think zoom has any top end vehicles( i may be wrong here).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks