Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2017, 16:22   #1201
BHPian

re: Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshumandun View Post
I had to do a trip from Hyderabad to Warangal and back on 17th Dec for a family function. Booked XUV for the trip. Booking experience with the app was good and easy. But that's the only good thing I can say about Zoom cars.
And then the continuous beeps warning of 'hood-open' was not pleasant either.

There were a lot of other little niggles too that I would skip. Overall, a bad experience with zoom cars.

Is there any email id or contact of anyone senior in zoomcars where I can give my feedback?
Update on this post of mine:

I posted this yesterday and it escalated pretty quick. That's the power of teambhp forum. Someone took this post and put in on Zoomcar facebook page I think because I got a call from them to apologize and to ask how I know the person who posted on their fb wall. I do not know who posted there and I haven't even seen the post on fb yet.

I got another call from their customer relationship head with the customary apologies and promise to improve their services in the future. I have also been given a 1000 Rs credit in my zoom account.
anshumandun is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th January 2017, 18:07   #1202
BHPian

I too had my share of frustration of booking an XUV500 few months ago:

My booking was for a day trip and had scheduled a drop off at my residence at 9 AM, was expecting a call from the driver/customer care earlier that day as confirmation, nothing eventually happened.

To ensure vehicle reaching on time, I eventually called them at 9AM to check status, they were clueless about the drop off and said the driver who had to drop has taken leave and they do not have a spare driver

I had to wait another 2 hours (which means my trip shortening and not reaching on time), and got the vehicle dropped at 11AM.

Now was the most surprising part, the XUV arrived at a condition which was worse than most accidental vehicles lying in a service station, entirely dirty, stinking cabin and most surprising : A driver seat which is completely tilted (which means I had to drive with half my back rested on seat and half in air) for the rest of the day .

You start driving and realize the steering is sticky, most places you touch in cabin is greasy and seats (damn wont mention).

Post the day's drive, I call them for pick up from home again they say no driver available (so I have to wait at home cancelling my other plans for the evening till driver arrives) and when he eventually comes he asks me if I had damaged anything?? I humble replies there is nothing left to damage in the vehicle

Haven't booked Zoom cars since then, I think any new introduction in the fleet is the only ones to hire, rest are all junk.
Old 6th January 2017, 18:14   #1203
BHPian

I booked XUV twice from Zoomcar. First time, it was for a Bangalore – Chikmagalur trip and second time, it was in Hyderabad for local city use.

First XUV was dirty from inside and outside. Seat cushions had come off. There were dents on the car. It kept giving door ajar warning, which was irritating. But it was good to drive. I considered it to be just an exception case. Gave some feedback to the executive who came to pick up the car. BTW, I had bad experience with pick up, but it was finally resolved to my satisfaction.

We completed our trip before time. I had booked Zoomcar for longer than expected period, just to be on safer side. I called them and asked them to send someone to pick up the car. They told me that pick up would happen only at the scheduled time. I was tired after long trip. I had to stay awake. However, no one turned up in night even after follow ups. Finally, next day morning, their executive came and picked up the car. We gave feedback about the car’s condition. He was quite casual about it.

To my horror, I was charged for late drop. I complained and after a few calls and mails they resolved the issue. Overall, it was okay.

Second time, in Hyderabad, I had really bad experience. As usual the car was dirty both inside and outside. (I asked their executive for a cloth so that I can clean it myself. However, he then cleaned it). Exterior was dented and scratches all over. Windscreen was cracked. Inside rearview mirror was missing!! Side rearview mirrors could not be adjusted. AC wasn’t working well. After some time, it started giving brake fluid low warning.

When I told their executive about the issues, at the time of return, he was very causal about it.

I later sent feedback to them. Didn’t get any response.

I would think now think twice before booking Zoomcar again.
Old 6th January 2017, 18:59   #1204
Team-BHP Support

The horror experiences keep piling on with alarming regularity. I don't think I am booking a Zoomcar anytime soon. They'll have to pull up their socks pretty soon to restore the customer faith.
Old 6th January 2017, 20:10   #1205
BHPian

I have used Zoomcar a lot, since I haven't decided on my new ride or to revive the E46. So far other than a bashed up i20 arriving instead of a Figo, no great hassles.

In fact the last two instances I have been sent the new Figo and a brand new Ecosport, good on them. It takes time for these kinks to ease up, the other option is Myles and that is literally 'Miles' away.

I have seen that GLA's and A classes are generally maintained better as they are driven by slightly considerate people.

The standard stuff are driven like bulls on extra boost testosterone.
Old 7th January 2017, 09:14   #1206

I have a similar experience to share.
We had an official conference in Hyderabad couple of months back and had booked a Mercedes-GLA and an Ecosport - we were 7 people and had thought of keeping these two cars with us for 4 days.

Problems with the GLA:
- The car was in a very poor condition with dents all over its body
- The alignment was poor and the vehicle kept drifting to the left
- As indicated by other people in this post, the Zoomcar parking was in the basement and there was not sufficient light there
- The music system was behaving erratically - sometimes the bluetooth pairing would work and at other times it wouldnt
- The car was not very clean from inside
- We realized these problems and called up the person from whom we had picked up the car but he just expressed his inability to do anything

Problems with the EcoSport:
- The booking was for 9 am but we received a call stating that the car had still not arrived and it would be delayed by half an hour and that we would get a call whenever it comes in
- We waited till 10 but no one called us up. Called the customer care and got to know that the car was still not there. Asked to wait till 10:30
- We didnt get a call till 1130 and then called up the CC and shouted at them. They just kept saying that the car is not ready and they dont have an ETA. We asked them to get us a replacement car but they didnt have that either !
- Flabbergasted, we promised never to book with them again and started looking for another alternative
- Finally we got a call around 12 and were asked to visit the pick up point
- Visited the place only to see the Ecosport in an extremely dirty state
- The interiors were super dirty (similar to the XUV whose pics were shared earlier) and it seemed like it had never been cleaned
- The exteriors were equally dirty and the car itself had lot of dents and scratches
- Running out of time and patience, we just asked the person to give us the car

We swear that we will never ever go with Zoomcar again !
Old 7th January 2017, 10:04   #1207
BHPian

I have been using Zoom car in Bangalore regularly. I stay in Pune and have frequent visits to BLR for official work.

The cars they offer are absolutely rubbish... Period!

I take a bus to and back from BLR. I always take a booking from Yesvanthpur( Vaishnavi Mall) zoom center.
"The only reason I still use Zoom car service is convenience and nothing else."
Though I take the bare minimum package, I use the vehicle for maximum 20 kms, That's the reason I can tolerate the rubbish cars at zoom.

On a lighter note, I find zoom manageable as compared to horrifying autowalla's and cab operators silly surge pricing.

Bottom Line:
I would never ever take zoom for longer duration and family holidays!

Cheers,
AB
Old 7th January 2017, 11:41   #1208
BHPian

I had a very good experiencewith zoomcar in chennai which I posted somewhere back. But things turned dramatically one day. It was 2016 May when there was a contest asking people to send in their suggestions and the winner of the contest would get a free 24 hour mercedes drive. I won that. Here is the proof of that

Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India-zoom1.png

Then I booked a car on my birthday since it would be very special and I never sat let alone drive an expensive car. I made elaborate luxury plan by booking AC chair car to hyderabad and picking up the car and driving my family in it to a tourist spot and coming back in a luxurious train. Just after I did the cake cutting at 12:00 AM, I get a call from the zoomcar representative that the car has not come from the service center yet and he could change my cooking to an XUV500 or a honda city if I wished. I did not want a change in booking, I wanted the damn car. I have a Getz at home and I could jolly well took it for the tour. I told him that I could not accept anything else, I want my car or I want a refund. He promptly cancelled the booking from his side.

Leave aside the cost of cancelling my tickets, he could have informed me about that at around 6 pm or 8 pm when the service center closes. They gave me 500rs free zoomcar credit. After managing to ruin my birthday, when I raised a complaint against them asking for another shot at claiming my opportunity to drive a Merc, this is the reply I got.
Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India-zoom2.png
Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India-zoom3.png

I would have shouted or fought or made a big fuss about it. But in truth, it felt as if we were begging them for a merc drive and they were shooing us away telling that we just have to wait for a turn. It felt insulting and I did not touch the company ever since. I really hate the company and their attitude. A person whom they should be grateful for because that person provided you valuable advice wholeheartedly for the betterment of the company and instead, they chose to reply asking me to wait for another opportunity. Shame on you zoomcar.
aveemashfaq is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 7th January 2017, 13:02   #1209
BHPian

I used to book Zoom until I got my own drive last year. My pick up point used to be Manyata tech park Bangalore (now discontinued,i guess ). MLCP was in such location that their remote unlock never worked and I ended up calling customer car who in turn will have someone from nearby Hennur point to manually unlock, such an irritant. I have hardly found their cars neat and tidy, most of the time car will be so brutally driven just not pleasant to use. I recall, once I had a Scorpio which required two hands to engage reverse. I found Myles cars better maintained in comparison. Nevertheless, no more Myles or Zoom. Every time I come across one on highway these will be driven rash and their poor maintenance just poses immense threat to other road users and I give way out of hazard respect.

Last edited by Thilak29 : 7th January 2017 at 13:03.
Old 7th January 2017, 21:10   #1210
BHPian

Thank you for sharing. My wife and I had booked a Scorpio for a short trip in March 2016 from Pune to Mahabaleshwar. The Car had clocked about 33K KMS and was in excellent condition. Though the Music System was not functioning, we didn't bother as we were too engrossed in the trip itself. In fact I recommended to few others to avail their services. However, before choosing Zoom, we had compared Myles and few others but they were very expensive. But as it appears they have deteriorated their standards. Need to check out again to comment effectively. They can't take the customers for granted by deteriorating their standard considering the amount they charge.
Old 8th January 2017, 00:10   #1211
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aveemashfaq View Post
...Then I booked a car on my birthday...
Sucks to have a special occasion ruined, but I'd say you were lucky. A ruined birthday is still far better considering the possibilities in a Zoomcar, given the condition of their fleet. Their premium cars are as beaten up as any of their cars, and most of them are nasty accidents waiting to happen, esp. on highways.

Please rent from a more responsible company if you'd like to experience a premium car, Zoom's freebies can cost you a LOT, and I'm (unfortunately) not referring to just money, as is evident from the long list of mechanical issues reported on this thread.
Old 8th January 2017, 10:39   #1212
BHPian

Zoomcar, Myles or whatever name they put up the business with : In the end the one who founded it does not run it himself. Then comes the point of branches or letting it away to franchisees.

But then, If I've set up a business or service based on some principles, it becomes my responsibility that I make sure they're passed on to whoever is going to operate in my name. Looking at most of the stories of such excellent startups or even established brands, it's the employees down the line who let them down.
Blame it on any number of factors, If an employee does not take a pride in working for a brand and imbibes those principles, the image obviously suffers. For instance, taking the case of the XUV in Hyderabad, if only the employee considered the customer satisfaction, he would've advised him to consider another vehicle and should've gone all out to help him.
I just do not get it. If only everyone does their bit well, we would not have been in this mess.
Old 8th January 2017, 15:17   #1213
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rav11stars View Post
Zoomcar, Myles or whatever name they put up the business with : In the end the one who founded it does not run it himself. ...

But then, If I've set up a business or service based on some principles, it becomes my responsibility that I make sure they're passed on to whoever is going to operate in my name. ...
Exactly. If you are the boss, you are the boss. You are responsible even for what the cleaners do. You are responsible for the corporate atmosphere and ethos. How you treat the staff will reflect in how they treat the customers.

However large the organisation, the boss is responsible.

Many years ago, I used to sometimes rent at the bottom end of the UK rental market. Cars so old one simply didn't expect everything to work, but, at the price, it was acceptable. I don't remember ever seeing rental vehicles in anything like the condition of some of those recently pictured here.

Later, I regularly rented from the "Easy" group's large rental business which leased a considerable number of Merc A class cars and rented them out at rates that were less than the cost of owning a car. No-frills service; pick-up locations were rough with a simple office; there were occasional problem vehicles, but that was quickly fixed.

So what is the management model of Zoom? Sit back and count the takings? Doesn't make for a long-lasting business
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2017, 21:25   #1214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkveda View Post
I somehow feel, this is unintentional. I have not used Zoom cars so far, but curious as to why they would keep changing the booked car models /Pickup points and commitments if they are changing intentionally? I can think of only few possibilities
It could be. But the way in which they handled and communicated this was not fair.
As I mentioned in my post the entire occasion got ruined because of this.

It has left a very bad impression on zoom car which will take some time to heal. But my first experience with zoom car in 2014 from Pune was perfect with excellent service..!
Might be they have become a little complacent.

Last edited by RJ411 : 8th January 2017 at 21:27.
Old 9th January 2017, 08:45   #1215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshumandun View Post
I had to do a trip from Hyderabad to Warangal and back on 17th Dec for a family function. Booked XUV for the trip.

Attachment 1592251
Hi anshumandun. How come is the vehicle with DL passing? I guess you booked the car in Hyderabad.
I know for sure that most DL passing Zoomcars are in bad shape. I wonder if they are moving their crumbled cars to other locations!

Most Viewed