Team-BHP - Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Street Experiences (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/)
-   -   Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/133357-zoom-car-reviews-self-drive-rentals-india-9.html)

Uber seems to be in the news for all the wrong reasons. First the 'surge pricing' over the New Year, then the NY accident and liability claims, and now this. http://valleywag.gawker.com/ubers-di...cam-1508280668

Zoom (or any other car rental) works well if you have a short duration need (even upto couple months). But your need is longer (1 year), then i would suggest buying a decent used hatch. Preferably one thats less than 3 yrs old. You shouldnt loose more than a lakh when you sell (assumes you maintain well and no accidents).

Hired a Vento through Zoom for a week and must say that I'm very happy.
Booking process is online and hassle free. The car was ready 2 hours before my pickup time. Both inside and outside were clean. There were a few minor dents and scratches that were noted. I took pictures of them, just to be safe.
We had been to Goa. Had to pay the interstate tax of Rs.200 (not reimbursable by Zoom), which I think is valid for a month. Did not face any hassles/questions at the RTO check post or during our stay in Goa.
The car was in pretty good condition and I'm amazed at the Vento's fuel efficiency. Had to refuel only once during our 1500 Km trip, with more than 1/4 tank remaining when I returned the car! :thumbs up The fuel expense was reimbursed as a credit into my Zoom account. I'm not sure if this is standard practice but I'm not complaining as I'll be Zooming again soon.
I think this is great for folks who have a small car and need a bigger/different type of car occasionally. It's also a great way to test drive a car over a longer period. After spending a week with the Vento, I've started liking it and will be a contender when I buy a new car later this year. Hope they add cars like the new Honda City to their fleet.
BTW, Zoom is offering special prices next week to celebrate their first anniversary. Rs.100 for an hour and Rs.1000 for a day. Great pricing I must say!

Update : Zoom is going to add TATA Safari to their stable from March! LINK

IMO this is a great move since Safari has better ride quality than Scorpio. Looking forward to hire one!

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrammarNazi (Post 3379474)
Update : Zoom is going to add TATA Safari to their stable from March!

IMO this is a great move since Safari has better ride quality than Scorpio. Looking forward to hire one!

Can you please share the source of this news since tried checking the Zoom website and the only new model that seem to have been added is the Scorpio SLE along with the LX which is already available.

If indeed Safari is being added then hope its the Storme since it has been a wish to take it for a spin on a long drive for some time now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by girishglg (Post 3379491)
Can you please share the source of this news...

They confirmed the news over a tweet. Apologies, I should've mentioned that in the earlier comment. LINK
I've asked them for more info.

I'm fine even if its the original old Safari coz I'm bound by my Linea's GC at quite some instances, and honestly I believe a 2.2l DiCOR/VeriCOR is the ideal engine for touring.

Regards :)

Hi Folks,

Can anybody help me with the location of the Zoom cars facility in Electronics-City ( Bangalore ) ?

A Google Maps URL would be great...

Thanks in advance :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by im_srini
Hi Folks,

Can anybody help me with the location of the Zoom cars facility in Electronics-City ( Bangalore ) ?

A Google Maps URL would be great...

Thanks in advance :)

IIRC, They have a pick up/return point at Ibis hotel,Hosur road.

Quote:

Originally Posted by im_srini (Post 3379862)
...Zoom cars facility in Electronics-City ( Bangalore ) ?

Here is the reply to my query from Zoomcar:

Zoomcar: Located on Hosur Rd opposite to EKAA HOTEL and Trident Hyundai; old Chamundi Steel Plant area - 74th Pillar U-Turn (if heading from Bangalore city) - Approximately 5 kms south of Silk Board Junction (underneath flyover) - Directly adjacent to Ozone Tech Park - 3 kms from Madivala Lake - 7 kms from Electronics City

Hope it helps

You can now Zoom from Banshankri and Bellandur! Below is the email I received. I have used them a few times and can positively tell you that they are the best. Go ahead, take a car & zoom away without hassle! Thar coming soon!

Fellow Self-Drive Enthusiast,

We're pleased to announce Zoom's two latest vehicle sites in Banashankari 3rd Stage and Bellandur. Both sites are now live and available for bookings! Figos, Ventos, and Scorpios aplenty at both these new sites.

The new sites will have the same friendly Zoom fleet executives to help you on your way.

Stay tuned for even more new vehicle site announcements over the next few weeks. Moreover, we're pleased to announce that Zoom will shortly be adding the Mahindra Thar and the Honda City to our fleet. These will be hitting our fleet in very short order!

Zoom off today and become part of the self-drive revolution, click below:
Let's Zoom

We look forward to seeing you cruise around Bangalore. Happy Zooming!!

Sincerely,

The Zoom Team

Zoom'ed again last weekend. Got a newer Vento this time and it was USB compatible! Didn't have to fiddle with my portable music player through the Aux connection.
Spotted many Zoom Ventos and Figos on the B'lore-Mysore highway and also at Kabini, where I had been. In fact, the Zoom spotting out-numbered the animal spotting we could manage :D
Car was in great condition and delivery/return was a breeze.
Now looking forward to Zooming with the new Honda City.

Looks like the Honda city is added. Saw one with the zoom in logo parked in belandur. Website is also updated. Nice to see new launches being added. Good way for car enthusiasts to try out different models. :)

Any idea if Zoom guys have automatic transmission vehicles as well?

These are the offers they run : http://www.zoomcar.in/bangalore/offers

Every Sunday they announce a 'special group' of people who get extraordinary discounts, like this time its a 70% discount for people whose DL number ends with #9.

IMO What's MOST impressive is their T&C and their insurance cover, will surely break the ice for first time renters.

Quote:

Originally Posted by outdoorlover (Post 3401804)
Any idea if Zoom guys have automatic transmission vehicles as well?

Yes, they have the Reva e2o! The BMW 320d they offer must be an AT but I'm not sure.
None of the other Zoom cars have an AT variant.