Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2014, 17:49   #211
Senior - BHPian

re: Zoom Pay & Drive, New Self Drive Option in Bangalore, Pune! *UPDATE* Now in Gurgaon!

Booked the E20 yesterday along with the deposit of 5000.
The process was smooth as always, but the car was dirty and was not fully charged.
The car was not maintained well, there were a lot of rattles and I could clearly see signs of abuse in the car.

The return process was smooth and I was out within 5 minutes. I was promised the return of deposit within 3-4 working days. But, I got my deposit credited to my card in one day. So no issues there.
Old 28th July 2014, 17:38   #212
BHPian

re: Zoom Pay & Drive, New Self Drive Option in Bangalore, Pune! *UPDATE* Now in Gurgaon!

Guys,

I happened to visit the zoom car website and also this thread.

I was looking at hiring a Figo for Bangalore-Mysore-Coorg-Bangalore trip for 5 days. Anyone having experience of hiring for outstation trips. Looking forward to your views, which will help me decide on a self driven car or a cab.
Old 28th July 2014, 17:53   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADI_77 View Post
Guys,

I was looking at hiring a Figo for Bangalore-Mysore-Coorg-Bangalore trip for 5 days. Anyone having experience of hiring for outstation trips. Looking forward to your views, which will help me decide on a self driven car or a cab.
Recently hired a scorpio from zoom for a one day trip. The customer care is very nice. The service was prompt. We had booked the car starting at 5AM , we went to pickup the car and the fleet executive was ready for dispatch. Car was clean and fueled.

There were some downsides however.

1. The battery in the GPS provided was dead and the charger had a missing micro usb port. Although they provided another USB charger it had a loose contact. We used GPS on our phones and our own chargers

2. I found the gear slotting on scorpio a bit annoying and the whole body rattled and squeaked a lot.( may be I am used to smooth shifting on my Innova.)

We returned the car earlier than our booking time and hence we got zoom credits which can be used next time.

My friend had rented a figo a few times before and found the car in a well maintained condition. I don't think anything should stop you from renting from zoom as long as you are ok with the tariff and idea of following their rules , i.e no smoking , pets,DUI or driving over 120KMPH.

Last edited by girimajiananth : 28th July 2014 at 17:56.
girimajiananth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2014, 18:04   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Looking forward to your views, which will help me decide on a self driven car or a cab.
I have booked a car from them for an upcoming Bangalore-Coorg-Bangalore trip. The journey is still a month away so would be able to comment on the experience once I'm done with it. Was confused between 'Myles' (carzonrent) and zoom but finally went ahead with zoom owing to clearer terms and conditions they've mentioned.
Old 28th July 2014, 18:25   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deoelect View Post
I have booked a car from them for an upcoming Bangalore-Coorg-Bangalore trip. The journey is still a month away so would be able to comment on the experience once I'm done with it.
I would be looking forward to sharing your experience post your trip.
That would surely be helpful.
Old 29th July 2014, 23:35   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girimajiananth View Post
I don't think anything should stop you from renting from zoom as long as you are ok with the tariff and idea of following their rules , i.e no driving over 120KMPH.
Does that apply to the A class and the BMW's too?
Was thinking of renting them for a joyride
Old 30th July 2014, 09:25   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicvic View Post
My friend told me that speed limit is applicable to all zoom cars. Even I am not very sure of this.
Old 30th July 2014, 11:23   #218
BHPian

Quote:

1. The battery in the GPS provided was dead and the charger had a missing micro usb port. Although they provided another USB charger it had a loose contact. We used GPS on our phones and our own chargers

Quote:
Originally Posted by deoelect View Post
I have booked a car from them for an upcoming Bangalore-Coorg-Bangalore trip. The journey is still a month away so would be able to comment on the experience once I'm done with it. Was confused between 'Myles' (carzonrent) and zoom but finally went ahead with zoom owing to clearer terms and conditions they've mentioned.
Quote:
Guys,

Just did a 6 day trip from Bangalore - Coorg - Bangalore in an Ecosport. The entire process was smooth and as expected. Ecosport has 30000 kms on it just serviced. The car was well maintained especially knowing how rentals are driven. There was slight brake pedal shuddering (skimming issues) at high speed 100 to 120. Tires and wipers were in good shape and had the same issue with GPS as mentioned above and used my phone for the same. Got a mileage of 13 kmpl overall.

I just wish they allowed the car to be dropped anywhere especially if its early. I would have opted it since I had to drive 1 hour from where I was in Bangalore one way to drop the car. It was dropped 3 hrs ahead of schedule.

No issues with highway cops or other cops, was not stopped anywhere.
tazmaan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th July 2014, 11:56   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicvic View Post
Quote:
My friend told me that speed limit is applicable to all zoom cars. Even I am not very sure of this.
Yes, speed limit is valid for all their cars.
black_rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2014, 21:05   #220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmaan View Post
Just did a 6 day trip from Bangalore - Coorg - Bangalore in an Ecosport. The entire process was smooth and as expected. Ecosport has 30000 kms on it just serviced.
Thanks for the update, how many kms did you cover during the trip and what was the total amount charged. Was any deposit charged upfront.
Old 31st July 2014, 10:58   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the update, how many kms did you cover during the trip and what was the total amount charged. Was any deposit charged upfront.
I did 650 kms of my permissible 1350 kms. I didn't have to pay deposit since I had booked under older scheme. I was charged 14300 for 6 days inclusive of fuel.
Old 31st July 2014, 22:54   #222
BHPian

Zoom added 2 more pickup spots: RV college(akshaya motors)on mysore road and Koramangla(near Sony World Signal). Now if they could do something about the deposit.
Old 4th August 2014, 16:05   #223
BHPian

Don't know if its just me, but the customer care guys don't seem to be really willing to help. I just made a booking for 4 days. In the morning I had called to ask a couple of questions on the tariff and the customer care lady kept saying "please check our tariff calculator on our website". For someone like me who believes more in people than websites, it was a little annoying.

Again in the afternoon, after the booking, I called them to check about how I go about getting the permit in another state and if should pre-book child seats as well. The customer care guy seemed unsure and was only dodging my questions.

Their website promises help from Customer care should I run into any problems with the driving permits, I am only hoping it is true. This is the first time I am booking zoom and the experience till now has been okay, not great. Their booking process on the website is super smooth though.

Looking forward to the drive now.
Old 4th August 2014, 18:06   #224
Senior - BHPian

Looks like domain name www.zoomcar.in has expired,its no more accessible.How could they forget to renew it is beyond me.I was on their website doing a booking and boom it stops responding and I start getting the GoDaddy message saying domain expired on 3rd Aug,2014.
Old 5th August 2014, 07:54   #225
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Looks like domain name www.zoomcar.in has expired,its no more accessible.How could they forget to renew it is beyond me.I was on their website doing a booking and boom it stops responding and I start getting the GoDaddy message saying domain expired on 3rd Aug,2014.
Well, they are back online now. Did your booking go through?

Most Viewed