Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2014, 08:56   #226
BHPian

re: Zoom Pay & Drive, New Self Drive Option in Bangalore, Pune! *UPDATE* Now in Gurgaon!

They had 40% off on Mon-Thurs, but seems to be removed now. So for long term rental to a far destination looks to be costly now.
Old 5th August 2014, 09:01   #227
Senior - BHPian

re: Zoom Pay & Drive, New Self Drive Option in Bangalore, Pune! *UPDATE* Now in Gurgaon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Well, they are back online now. Did your booking go through?
Yes the booking finally went through later
In the night.Looks like I was the chosen one as a friend put it

Quote:

Hi Ranjit,

We apologize for the inconvenience here as we were facing a brief issue with our domain provider. This has now been resolved and you can now carry on with your booking. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Greg

Greg Moran, Co-Founder & CEO, ZoomCar
Mobile: 99454 83825
www.zoomcar.in
Zoom on Facebook and Twitter

Last edited by benbsb29 : 5th August 2014 at 09:03. Reason: Fixed quote tags.
Old 13th August 2014, 16:59   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
They had 40% off on Mon-Thurs, but seems to be removed now. So for long term rental to a far destination looks to be costly now.
Quoting my own post. My bad. The new pricing scheme includes the discounts; and not separately given as offers.

Has anyone taken Zoom to Kerala? I guess one has to pay the TN as well as KL taxes. I read here that a week tax for TN cost ~600/- How about for KL?

( I don't want to cross directly to Kerala, which is not a fast route)
Old 13th August 2014, 17:16   #229
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quoting my own post. My bad. The new pricing scheme includes the discounts; and not separately given as offers.

Has anyone taken Zoom to Kerala? I guess one has to pay the TN as well as KL taxes. I read here that a week tax for TN cost ~600/- How about for KL?

( I don't want to cross directly to Kerala, which is not a fast route)
A fellow member took a Vento to Kerala from Zoom.

Here's the link: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...-vw-vento.html
//M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2014, 21:35   #230
BHPian

After my Figo has been stuck in the service center post an accident a couple of weeks ago, I came across their service on a random ad.

I've used it twice this month. The first time I picked up an Ecosport. Luckily they offer the Titanium Variant which comes with all the bells and whistles. (Except I didn't find the Stop/Start button). Some of the sites where they have these cars (I picked it up at Ejipura) are really interior and difficult to find. Since these roads are narrow you need to extra careful taking the vehicles and returning them.

The second time I wished to try something else for a change and picked up the Honda City. This was at the Ibis hotel. My reservation was at 7 AM and when I got there I couldn't find the person anywhere in sight. I called Zoom and they tried reaching him. Finally he turned up 20 minutes later and again rushed somewhere since he had forgotten the car keys!

I finally got the car at 7:30 AM. Here's something I've observed. When I reached there I found a Honda City which appeared to be without any scratches or damages. However, when he arrived he took the car provided to me out of parking and this one actually had plenty of deep scratches all around it. I asked him if I can pick which car and he mentioned that it is already preassigned. However, I guess this was the baseline model without much to offer.

My final verdict is that though the service is great with a good choice of cars, they really need to work on the maintenance of these cars. The interiors of both cars smelled bad and the City's exterior was quite dirty. You need to pay attention to existing damages since when you are returning the vehicles they might try charging you extra for a scratch that was already there and not noticed!
Old 15th August 2014, 13:00   #231
BHPian

I have developed this calculator for ZoomCar. It's an excel based one. Requesting members to advice on how it can be improved further.
Attached Files
File Type: xlsx Zoom Calculator.xlsx (24.3 KB, 4754 views)
searchingheaven is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th August 2014, 07:28   #232
BHPian

I have booked a scorpio from their whitefield location (formulae 1 hotel) for 3 days this weekend for a trip to Sakleshpur!

This is my first time with zoom and does anyone know if their cars have a usb port for charging phones or is a 12V car charger required?
Also, is there any audio system available in their scorpios?
They also seem to offer only 2 wheeler parking facilities at this location. Has anyone used it? Will it be safe to leave the bike there for 3 days?

Will pen down a short review of their services next week!
Old 20th August 2014, 12:44   #233

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR71-Blackbird View Post
I have booked a scorpio from their whitefield location (formulae 1 hotel) for 3 days this weekend for a trip to Sakleshpur!

This is my first time with zoom and does anyone know if their cars have a usb port for charging phones or is a 12V car charger required?
They also seem to offer only 2 wheeler parking facilities at this location. Has anyone used it? Will it be safe to leave the bike there for 3 days?

All their cars have USB chargers. (Apart from the one that is used to charge their Micromax phone there are 4 other chargers for other phones) and also an AUX cable.

Audio system is available in all the models. I'm not sure if your Scorpio will have a USB port for Audio. I took an XUV500 this weekend and it had a USB port as part of the standard Mahindra equipment, so played our songs all the way .

I park my car with Zoom whenever I'm renting theirs and have faced no problem as such, but I've never used this location. Still, IMO hotel parking shouldn't be a problem.
Magemegento is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2014, 14:27   #234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR71-Blackbird View Post

There is a 12V socket available , but do carry your own charger . Last time me and a friend had rented a scorpio for one days trip and the charger did not work (or the micro usb pin was kaput ). Fortunately we had a spare charger. Yes audio system is available, but don't remember seeing a USB port , they had a really long 3.5mm aux cable though.

Last edited by girimajiananth : 20th August 2014 at 14:29.
girimajiananth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2014, 22:28   #235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by searchingheaven View Post
I am planning a trip to Leh/ladakh from Bangalore in August/September this year with Zoom cars (Tata Safari). Would like to know if this is viable & what would be the best options/rentals etc(from Zoom).
Quoting hvkumar from another thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Hiring a SUV - Issues:

1. You have to pay permit charges every time you cross a State border (HR, PB, JK, HP). Worse, you have to do this in the check post which are horribly run

2. If it is a yellow number-plate car, you need a commercial driving license

3. HP Police have tried to harass motorists driving taxis, asking for "Hill Driving permits", apparently something which commercial licensees must have to drive in the hills

4. Cops stop you more to harass you when you drive a taxi.

5. In Ladakh circuit itself, starting from Srinagar, all sectors are controlled by local taxi unions who do not allow outside taxis to ply, even if they are self-driven. They have been known to adopt violent means to stop taxis from outside the pre-designated areas.
Old 21st August 2014, 23:00   #236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quoting hvkumar from another thread.
One of our friends asked the self-hire company to give in writing their assertions on permits, police issues, etc, but they refused
Old 21st August 2014, 23:10   #237
BHPian

Cross posting information from the carzonrent thread. Myles has specifically started SUV rentals for Ladakh. Worth checking out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishwaschettri View Post
Carzonrent keeps on surprising me plesantly with their unmatched service and progressive thinking.

While booking a local chauffeur driven car on their website (which worked out to be a brilliant experience) stumbled upon this

http://www.carzonrent.com/ladakh/

Whereas others shun renting self drive cars for such treacherous route they saw potential and created a separate category for this.

Fortuner, Endeavour, XUV, Innova, Safari & Scorpio are available at slight premium from their regular rentals.

Killer deals I would say since many here buy these cars with Ladakh trip in mind.

Now you can rent the same car at a fraction of the cost.

Cheers
Vishwas

p.s. - It needs to be seen how does the Ladakh taxi union reacts to these self drive cars being driven to Pangong & Nubra.
vishwaschettri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2014, 09:54   #238
BHPian

I had picked up a Vento a few days earlier. They just offer the base variant.

I also heard from the rep when dropping off the car that they're going to discontinue Ventos. Something about an important part getting damaged under the front bumper when driving a little fast over speed breakers.
Old 22nd August 2014, 10:08   #239
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishwaschettri View Post
Cross posting information from the carzonrent thread. Myles has specifically started SUV rentals for Ladakh. Worth checking out.
The same Carzonrent has no clear answers to the questions I queried them on issue of permits, Ladakh taxi unions, etc.

Those who I know who hired self-drive cars to Ladakh have not had a good time so far - maybe there are always exceptions
hvkumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2014, 12:02   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
The same Carzonrent has no clear answers to the questions I queried them on issue of permits, Ladakh taxi unions, etc.

Those who I know who hired self-drive cars to Ladakh have not had a good time so far - maybe there are always exceptions
Agreed, I have highlighted the ladakh issue in my original post as well. From my personal experience I am sure that taking yellow plate selfdrive upto Ladakh via Srinagar or Manali will not be a problem.

But taking these on Pangong or Nubra route may not be possible due to lobbying by the local Taxi union.

I am just back from a bike trip to Chandratal (Himachal) and I hear that this year even the private number motorcycles rented from Manali with H.P. registration are not being allowed on Nubra / Pangong routes by the locals. They are insisting that the bikes should be hired from Local Ladakh agencies only.

cheers
Vishwas

p.s. - Btw paying state road tax is not that big an issue with most of them being online now. You can plan ahead and pay them online beforehands.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks