Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2015, 21:27   #466
Senior - BHPian

re: Zoom Pay & Drive, New Self Drive Option in Bangalore, Pune, Gurgaon, Mumbai, Chennai

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbospooler View Post
I am still recovering from this shocking price!
If we consider the FE of Nano to be around 20kmpl and price of petrol at Rs 70/litre, we get a per km running cost at Rs 3.5/km.
But Zoom's rules are for an hour 10km @ Rs 19 which makes it Rs 2/km. Capital cost of purchasing Nano is out of the question.
Let us see how long can Zoom afford to pay from their own pockets.

Maybe Tatas have agreed to bear some cost to improve brand image of Nanos
What if it is Nano CNG? Wouldn't the per km cost come down further? Nano site claims 36km/kg as the fuel efficiency for Nano CNG variant. That is closer to Rs. 1.5/km.

I do think Tata is subsidizing a part of the cost as a marketing exercise. If that is the case, it is a job well done by Tata. If Nano self drive rental is available in Hyderabad, I would certainly try it out.

Last edited by zenren : 3rd April 2015 at 21:33.
zenren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2015, 22:07   #467
BHPian

re: Zoom Pay & Drive, New Self Drive Option in Bangalore, Pune, Gurgaon, Mumbai, Chennai

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
What if it is Nano CNG? Wouldn't the per km cost come down further? Nano site claims 36km/kg as the fuel efficiency for Nano CNG variant. That is closer to Rs. 1.5/km.
That was good thought. However, I did some research and found that Nano CNG is not available in Bangalore. Also, the Zoomcar Nano customer would not like to limit his options by planning a trip with a car which has limited availability. For E2O, the customer knows the limits, however, a Nano customer may like to take the vehicle to a long drive too. Luggage space may also get compromised.

Enjoy the benefits of those awesome charges Banglorites!
Old 3rd April 2015, 22:11   #468
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
For E2O, the customer knows the limits, however, a Nano customer may like to take the vehicle to a long drive too. Luggage space may also get compromised.
Are you expecting a better "customer satisfaction" from the Rs.19/hr offering over the Rs. 55/hr offering as a logical requirement? With my limited understanding of economics and pricing, that doesn't just seem right.
Old 4th April 2015, 00:49   #469
BHPian

Quote:
I am still recovering from this shocking price!
If we consider the FE of Nano to be around 20kmpl and price of petrol at Rs 70/litre, we get a per km running cost at Rs 3.5/km.
But Zoom's rules are for an hour 10km @ Rs 19 which makes it Rs 2/km. Capital cost of purchasing Nano is out of the question.
Let us see how long can Zoom afford to pay from their own pockets.

Maybe Tatas have agreed to bear some cost to improve brand image of Nanos
Your math is sound. However a person renting the car is unlikely to run it full 10km every hour. One might leave it parked to go shopping or while waiting for an appointment or even overnight. A 24 hour period might see one drive just 50 kms. So that is Rs 576 minus around 170 leaving a little for other expenses. Plus it might be a promotional price.
Lobogris is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2015, 19:32   #470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobogris View Post
Your math is sound. However a person renting the car is unlikely to run it full 10km every hour. One might leave it parked to go shopping or while waiting for an appointment or even overnight. A 24 hour period might see one drive just 50 kms. So that is Rs 576 minus around 170 leaving a little for other expenses. Plus it might be a promotional price.
I was going to say this exactly and then saw your response. When pricing a product or service several scenarios are considered and simulations done to arrive at the offering price.

In typical city usage the car would spend a significant amount of time parked and hence this price does make sense and yes it might be a promo.
dj78 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2015, 20:01   #471
Senior - BHPian

Nano at Rs. 19?? I hired a Nano last week (Monday) in Bangalore but the rate was Rs. 49 per hour. This was one with power steering and 3k on ODO.

I hired it for 13 hours but used only 60kms.

Last edited by coolclouds : 4th April 2015 at 20:02.
Old 5th April 2015, 00:35   #472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolclouds View Post
Nano at Rs. 19 ?
I hired a Nano last week (Monday) in Bangalore but the rate was Rs. 49 per hour.
This was one with power steering and 3k on ODO.
I hired it for 13 hours but used only 60kms.
Same case with me, had booked a Nano 3 weeks ago for a 2-day period this weekend.
Was charged Rs.75 per hour then since it was for a weekend slot.
Could it be that Zoom wants to increase the bookings for the Nano, hence the dramatic cut in price ?
Moreover both the week-day & weekend rates have been cut to Rs.19 !
Old 7th April 2015, 12:01   #473
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Zoom Cars adds Merc CLA to its fleet

Zoom Cars has added the Mercedes CLA to their fleet. Their website has not been updated yet, but their FB page has the news update regarding the inclusion of the Merc CLA. It is a very good move by Zoom to add such new gen cars like the GLA and the CLA !

Source: Zoom Cars
Attached Thumbnails
Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India-10923254_569058539897727_7201421007649702450_n.jpg  

//M is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th April 2015, 21:14   #474
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post

Zoom Cars has added the Mercedes CLA to their fleet. Their website has not been updated yet, but their FB page has the news update regarding the inclusion of the Merc CLA. It is a very good move by Zoom to add such new gen cars like the GLA and the CLA !

Source: Zoom Cars
I happened to see the full fleet parked, ready for delivery early morning today at the BU Bhandari Mercedes showroom, I was wondering why so many test cars(didn't notice the plates!), I come home and see this, WOW!

And have zoom car increased its prices recently? Honda City was a 1800/day car now it says 2640/day. Anybody noticed?!?!
Old 8th April 2015, 01:02   #475
Senior - BHPian

Quick advice needed, folks.

Total trip distance - 200kms (Half day trip)
4 young adults
2 aged adults
1 Kid in a baby seat

Safari or Scorpio ?

Does Zoom have the NG Scorpio and Safari Storme ? Or all old models ?

No XUV please because we have a budget of max 2k.

Last edited by Soumyajit9 : 8th April 2015 at 01:31.
Old 8th April 2015, 01:20   #476
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post

4 young adults
2 aged adults
1 Kid in a baby seat

Safari or Scorpio ?

No XUV please because we have a budget or max 2k.
My suggestion would lean towards Safari.
Overall ride quality is better and may not give the nauseating feeling during the drive. Space wise I feel the Safari is better.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2015, 09:42   #477
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post

4 young adults
2 aged adults
1 Kid in a baby seat

Safari or Scorpio ?

No XUV please because we have a budget of max 2k.
No Safari Storme's in their fleet, but yes they do have new-gen Scorpio's. However, it depends on your luck if you get a new-gen or an old-gen Scorpio depending upon the availability.
//M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2015, 10:55   #478
BHPian

Quick query: I have a Zoomcar booking for this weekend. I'm driving to Rishikesh and I was wondering how the state tax things work. So far I've only used Zoomcar within Karnataka and so haven't had to pay any extra taxes.

Would I need to pay road tax for UP+Uttarakhand or just Uttarakhand? Where does one pay these taxes and is there a time limit for when the tax offices are open? I'm leaving early in the morning hence the query.
Old 8th April 2015, 11:16   #479
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post

Just what I've been waiting for! Wonderful news indeed!

They have bought the CLA 200 CDI style model which is what they do, get the base diesel model. I can see more GLA's as well in the photo with MH registration now.

Anyone knows whether they have added the new A class diesel? 200 CDI one?
Old 8th April 2015, 11:58   #480
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
Quick query: I have a Zoomcar booking for this weekend. I'm driving to Rishikesh and I was wondering how the state tax things work. So far I've only used Zoomcar within Karnataka and so haven't had to pay any extra taxes.

Would I need to pay road tax for UP+Uttarakhand or just Uttarakhand? Where does one pay these taxes and is there a time limit for when the tax offices are open? I'm leaving early in the morning hence the query.
I recently drove a Zoom Scorpio to Goa so I will share about my experience. I took the Pune - Belgaum - Chorla Ghats - Panjim route so I had to cross the Karnataka and Goa borders. The Scorpio was registered in Karnataka and the tax was paid in Maharashtra as well. So at the Karnataka - Goa border check post, I had to produce the vehicle documents and had to pay a fee of Rs.300 for entering the state in a self-drive yellow number plate vehicle. I was issued a challan to be shown to the cops if required. The same challan was verified at the checkpost on the way back, I used the Panjim - Amboli - Kolhapur - Pune route on the way back.

Different states have different taxation for these vehicles, which is nominal. I believe the Zoom Cars at Gurgaon (assuming that you are picking up a vehicle from the Gurgaon office) have taxes paid for NCR region. Anything beyond the NCR borders, you will have to pay the state wise taxes at the nearest RTO/state border checkpost.

Since you will be crossing both UP and Uttarakhand, it is wise to pay taxes in both the states. In my case, I did not pay taxes while crossing Karnataka as the vehicle was KA registered and the taxes were already paid for both Maharashtra and Karnataka.

Last edited by //M : 8th April 2015 at 12:02.
//M is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks