Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2015, 12:58   #481
BHPian

re: Zoom Pay & Drive, New Self Drive Option in Bangalore, Pune, Gurgaon, Mumbai, Chennai

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post

Would I need to pay road tax for UP+Uttarakhand or just Uttarakhand? Where does one pay these taxes and is there a time limit for when the tax offices are open? I'm leaving early in the morning hence the query.
Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post

Different states have different taxation for these vehicles, which is nominal. I believe the Zoom Cars at Gurgaon (assuming that you are picking up a vehicle from the Gurgaon office) have taxes paid for NCR region. Anything beyond the NCR borders, you will have to pay the state wise taxes at the nearest RTO/state border checkpost.

The cars in Delhi NCR are Yellow on Black plates and tax for Haryana and Municipal tax for Delhi is already being paid up on these ones. Majority of the cars have DL registration.

You would have to pay the tax for states that you would be driving in at their respective state border commercial tax posts. I picked up a XUV in feb from Gurgaon and paid commercial vehicle tax in punjab at the Haryana-Punjab state border.

Please check for the papers in the car, sometimes the valid tax receipts from earlier rentals are in the car. I had a valid one for Uttrakhand.

Last edited by pankaj_sachdeva : 8th April 2015 at 13:02.
pankaj_sachdeva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2015, 00:27   #482
Senior - BHPian

re: Zoom Pay & Drive, New Self Drive Option in Bangalore, Pune, Gurgaon, Mumbai, Chennai

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
No Safari Storme's in their fleet, but yes they do have new-gen Scorpio's. However, it depends on your luck if you get a new-gen or an old-gen Scorpio depending upon the availability.
Thanks for the tip !

My B-I-L made the booking today for Monday (13th), and got the NG Scorpio !!
I don't know how he is sure that it is a NG Scorpio, but that is what he said.
Is there a vehicle number given in the confirmation details ?
Old 9th April 2015, 22:57   #483
BHPian

In February first week I hired a Nano from Carzonrent Delhi for Rs.337/- per day (24 hrs) with all taxes and full tank fuel system. This price also included pickup at aerocity metro and drop at airport.

They were running some offer on online booking.

This was the most flexible way I ever traveled in Delhi and also cheapest too considering I drove around 40kms.
Old 10th April 2015, 06:34   #484

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankaj_sachdeva View Post
The cars in Delhi NCR are Yellow on Black plates and tax for Haryana and Municipal tax for Delhi is already being paid up on these ones. Majority of the cars have DL registration.

Yellow on black plates is an illegal scheme in Delhi. The new HSRP regulations have no mention of this scheme.
Old 10th April 2015, 09:54   #485
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiragpatnaik View Post
Yellow on black plates is an illegal scheme in Delhi. The new HSRP regulations have no mention of this scheme.
Are you sure about this and not confusing with yellow number plate with black letters, as I am talking about black numberplate with yellow letters.

The care I rented was Nov 2014 registered and was bearing number DL-1N, so pretty sure it can't be a illegal one.
Old 10th April 2015, 10:04   #486

Quote:
Are you sure about this and not confusing with yellow number plate with black letters, as I am talking about black numberplate with yellow letters.

The care I rented was Nov 2014 registered and was bearing number DL-1N, so pretty sure it can't be a illegal one.
Rettung sure about it. I have confirmed it from the Jt Commissioner Transport - Delhi.

Also you can check the HSRP license plate regulations. They make no mention of this colour scheme.
Old 10th April 2015, 10:41   #487
BHPian

Quote:
Rettung sure about it. I have confirmed it from the Jt Commissioner Transport - Delhi.

Also you can check the HSRP license plate regulations. They make no mention of this colour scheme.
Though it is OT for this thread , I am trying to dig in information from Delhi govt. website, this is what i found in wiki

Commercial vehicles available on rent for self drive have yellow lettering on a black background.

Source : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle...lates_of_India
Old 10th April 2015, 14:44   #488

Quote:
Though it is OT for this thread , I am trying to dig in information from Delhi govt. website, this is what i found in wiki

Commercial vehicles available on rent for self drive have yellow lettering on a black background.

Source : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle...lates_of_India
My last post on this subject in this thread...

The Yellow on Black Scheme was part of Motor Vehicle Rules 1989, which was amended in 2001 to introduce HSRP.

Read the following one carefully. Makes no mention of the Yellow on Black scheme.

http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper...cle5442569.ece
Old 10th April 2015, 15:47   #489
BHPian

Quote:
My last post on this subject in this thread...

The Yellow on Black Scheme was part of Motor Vehicle Rules 1989, which was amended in 2001 to introduce HSRP.

Read the following one carefully. Makes no mention of the Yellow on Black scheme.

http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper...cle5442569.ece
Thanks for the link. It is dated 2013 with specific mention for Hyderabad & Range reddy distt. I am very sure that car I picked up had yellow on black number plate

djpeesh, would you be able to confirm, what is the color scheme of the Zoom vehicle allotted to you while you pick it over the weekend

Edit: found a pic
Attached Thumbnails
Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India-xuv-pic.png  

Last edited by pankaj_sachdeva : 10th April 2015 at 16:03.
Old 10th April 2015, 16:30   #490

Quote:
Thanks for the link. It is dated 2013 with specific mention for Hyderabad & Range reddy distt. I am very sure that car I picked up had yellow on black number plate

djpeesh, would you be able to confirm, what is the color scheme of the Zoom vehicle allotted to you while you pick it over the weekend

Edit: found a pic
Yes, The HSRP notification is the same and applies pan India. Local authorities decide when to implement them. As to what Zoom is doing. No comments.

My point was that it is illegal/not allowed etc.
Old 10th April 2015, 17:08   #491
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, The HSRP notification is the same and applies pan India. Local authorities decide when to implement them. As to what Zoom is doing. No comments.

My point was that it is illegal/not allowed etc.
I know we are dragging it, but my point is if this was illegal / not allowed, Zoom wouldn't have been able to ply vehicles with this color scheme in the Delhi NCR.

I drove the XUV throughout Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh, apart from Delhi-NCR & was not stopped for the number plates in any of the places.

I just checked with one of my friend, who has rented a fortuner from Carzonrent in Delhi and he confirmed that his car had yellow on black scheme as well.

Zoom cars in Pune have the same color scheme for number plates

Last edited by pankaj_sachdeva : 10th April 2015 at 17:09. Reason: Added details about Zoom Pune
pankaj_sachdeva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2015, 00:08   #492
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I know we are dragging it, but my point is if this was illegal / not allowed, Zoom wouldn't have been able to ply vehicles with this color scheme in the Delhi NCR.

I drove the XUV throughout Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh, apart from Delhi-NCR & was not stopped for the number plates in any of the places.

I just checked with one of my friend, who has rented a fortuner from Carzonrent in Delhi and he confirmed that his car had yellow on black scheme as well.

Zoom cars in Pune have the same color scheme for number plates
+N

Zoom cars in pondicherry (saw over three weekends) have the same scheme and despite the "crackdown" (lol) on the IND number plates, these guys were running around like usual.
phamilyman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2015, 01:55   #493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
The Nano's are available in Bangalore for Rs.19/hour including 10kms running for every hour of booking.
That means you can rent a Nano for 24 hours for Rs.456 and use it for 240kms !
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbospooler View Post
I am still recovering from this shocking price !
Quote:
Originally Posted by im_srini View Post
... had booked a Nano 3 weeks ago for a 2-day period this weekend.
Was charged Rs.75 per hour then since it was for a weekend slot.
In addition to the drastic reduction in tariff, Zoom has also changed the conditions for booking the Nano.
Now, you can book a Nano not more than 72 hours ahead of your desired date.
Moreover, a Nano can be booked for a maximum of 24 hours only.
Frankly, preferred it the old way...
-

Last edited by im_srini : 11th April 2015 at 01:57.
Old 11th April 2015, 13:26   #494
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

The Zoom website has been updated with the inclusion of the Merc CLA in Pune location.

Source: Zoom
Attached Thumbnails
Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India-zoom.png  

//M is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th April 2015, 13:55   #495
Senior - BHPian

A big thank you to Moderator Vid6639 for sharing this information with fellow enthusiasts!

Zoomcar - the self driven rental car service has been active in Pune, Bangalore and Delhi so far. The company had earlier mentioned their plans to expand into more metros in the country and the service is officially gearing up for a launch in Mumbai and Chennai.

Link to Team-BHP news article

Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India-zoomcar.jpg

Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India-z1.jpg

Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India-z2.jpg

Last edited by Tushar : 17th April 2015 at 13:58.
Tushar is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks