Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2015, 14:40   #706
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Guys - A quick Question on the Scorpios that you took for hire. Was it a 7 seater or 8 seater? If it was a 7 seater, was it front facing or side facing?

I am planning to hire a scorpio for ferrying 6 people. The person sitting in the last row would feel uncomfortable on long drives that we have planned.
Scorpio was seven seater. The last two seats are side facing jump seats that are only good for short journeys. If you want to take six people I guess things might be a bit better but again luggage should be very less else legroom will be compromised. The car is ideally a spacious five seater with lots of luggage space. We were nine of us and had rented two Scorpios hence space wasn't an issue at all.

Take the XUV with a luggage rack. I guess that should be better.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2015, 08:23   #707
BHPian

Guys, we are 8 adults + 2 kids (2 yrs of age each ) looking to rent a zoomcar for a day-trip (one way ~ 200 KM). We all have our own cars but want to travel together, hence looking for a suitable car that can fit 8. Day-trip, hence almost no-luggage required. Well, maybe a couple of 5-ltr water cans and 2 small kitbags for the kids, a bag for snacks. Please suggest a 8-seater (or whether is it better to drive our own cars).
Old 3rd August 2015, 09:53   #708
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Guys, we are 8 adults + 2 kids (2 yrs of age each ) looking to rent a zoomcar for a day-trip (one way ~ 200 KM). We all have our own cars but want to travel together, hence looking for a suitable car that can fit 8. Day-trip, hence almost no-luggage required. Well, maybe a couple of 5-ltr water cans and 2 small kitbags for the kids, a bag for snacks. Please suggest a 8-seater (or whether is it better to drive our own cars).
Scorpio / XUV/SAfari from zoom cars are your only options . Six or seven passengers would be comfortable , anything more will be quite uncomfortable and unsafe. Either drive your cars or hire a 10 seater (tata winger or a force traveller)
girimajiananth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2015, 10:52   #709
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girimajiananth View Post
Scorpio / XUV/SAfari from zoom cars are your only options . Six or seven passengers would be comfortable , anything more will be quite uncomfortable and unsafe. Either drive your cars or hire a 10 seater (tata winger or a force traveller)
Yes I am also considering a Winger. But I think its not available with Zoomcar.
Old 3rd August 2015, 10:55   #710
Team-BHP Support

8+2 is definitely not advisable on any of the regular cars.

However, if push comes to a shove do see if you can hire a Xylo from somewhere. It'll not be too comfortable, but you might just be able to manage.

Last edited by Eddy : 3rd August 2015 at 10:56.
Eddy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2015, 13:27   #711
BHPian

Quote:
Yes I am also considering a Winger. But I think its not available with Zoomcar.
You are right , tata winger is not available with zoom car. Your best bet is the travel agency next door or if you know some drivers who provide services for IT companies or call centers. Chances are you might even strike a good deal.

Last edited by girimajiananth : 3rd August 2015 at 13:48.
girimajiananth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2015, 09:03   #712
BHPian

Hey guys, need some info !

We are planning a trip to Basara from Hyderabad with 7 people and I have been thinking to feel the drive in SUV and thus opting to rent the car from Zoom rather than taking my own.

The SUVs available in hyderabad are Scorpio and XUV and I am not sure whats their seating capacity. Are they 7 seater that are available here ?

And is the 30% entry offer still available ?

Last edited by poised2drive : 4th August 2015 at 09:08.
Old 4th August 2015, 18:50   #713
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hire the smallest Tempo w/ driver - will work out better. Cops are usually pretty harsh on commercial vehicles violating the 'seating capacity'. On a bad day, you may easily get in trouble for seating 10 people in a 7 seater. Zoom being on black/yellow plates may attract their attention. May go unnoticed on a good day.
Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2015, 18:21   #714
BHPian

Have consecutive weekend bookings with Zoomcar (City & Figo). Hope things run smooth. Will write about my experiences once i am back.

Also, can see a lot of zoomcars these days in Pune roads, none of them being driven with respect.
Old 6th August 2015, 18:48   #715
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AveekKumar View Post
Have consecutive weekend bookings with Zoomcar (City & Figo). Hope things run smooth. Will write about my experiences once i am back.

Also, can see a lot of zoomcars these days in Pune roads, none of them being driven with respect.
The ones I do rent seem to have very heavily abused clutches. Yes they do routinely get serviced, but standing on a clutch with the car in gear at signals seems to be SOP for many people.

(It tends to be SOP in the USA as well, but I am not sure that makes all that much difference when you are driving an automatic)
Old 11th August 2015, 16:17   #716
Distinguished - BHPian

I tried booking a car through Zoomcar yesterday evening and after providing all the details, I made the payment of Rs 15,000+. I received a confirmation from my bank that the amount has been debited yesterday evening. Unfortunately the Zoomcar website continues to provide the following status "Security Deposit Unpaid. Booking NOT CONFIRMED as payment not received."

I left a query on their website yesterday evening which has gone unanswered. I tried calling them on their helpline but it says I dont have a valid booking and I am redirected to their website before it disconnects. So there is no way for me to talk to them and get this sorted out either.

I have written to them on their facebook web page and finally received a standard response of "Thank you for providing us your details, We will escalate the issue to our concerned team and ensure that they address it on priority.Our team will get in touch with you at the earliest to address your concerns." Still no calls or emails from them or any change in my booking status. I dont want to make a second booking & lock another Rs 10 - 15K due to their system inefficiencies. This is starting to get really annoying really fast. Any suggestions?
Old 11th August 2015, 16:54   #717
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
This is starting to get really annoying really fast. Any suggestions?
Wait and watch. Zoomcar is pretty efficient with customer responses. Your query should be resolved soon. I just completed a zoomcar tour and all went flawlessly fine.

As someone suggested in this forum earlier, you may use mumbai.support@zoomcar.in and help@zoomcar.in or contact Mr.
Greg Moran

Credit transactions can be declined by any merchant. We have all faced this with multiple vendors. But the money is always credited.
Old 11th August 2015, 16:58   #718
Team-BHP Support

Booked a Nano for the weekend. Seamless experience with pickup and drop (both checklists done through app without a hitch). Deposit was credited back to Citrus wallet the same day, and withdrawal to my bank account got credited within 24 hours of request.

Cars are deteriorating pretty badly with age though. My assigned Nano had a hard clutch, uneven wear on the front tires and a slight wobble on the front left wheel.
Old 11th August 2015, 17:19   #719
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Cars are deteriorating pretty badly with age though.
It would be interesting to see how Zoom cars take up maintenance of these vehicles.

The way majority of these cars are seen driven on the roads, it is going to be a herculean task to keep the vehicles in good condition.
Old 11th August 2015, 18:49   #720
BHPian

Hey guys this is a summary of my experience with zoomcars in Bombay. This is more about the horrid booking experience than the drive itself. Now funnily enough I got to know of the service from non other than our TeamBHP forum. I wanted to book an XUV for a short 70 km run from Mumbai-navi Mumbai-Mumbai. It started with making a call to them for booking and them telling me the closest place to pick up the vehicle was a good 25 km from home and that didn't make sense because I would have to go there pick up the vehicle come home drive to N.mumbai ,back home and then drop the car. However in what was surprising the next day the pick up point shifted barely 5 km from home and this made much more sense. So I confirmed the booking and chose to pay the deposit amount (5000/-) later on which is refundable. This is where all the booking 'niggles' started. A day before the booking I made a Citrus Pay account on the insistence/advice of the zoom guys and deposited the 5k there and when I tried to pay for the booking from there it would not, saying there was an error. I took this up with the booking guys who after long holds and repeated calls told me to give cash to the on site guy. Now after an hour I suddenly get a message saying your deposit amount has been paid through Citrus Pay. So begin the calls and emails (to which I got no reply) to ask them whether I still need to pay the cash. Finally on the day I'm there to pick up the vehicle and just as I'm about to take the car a dude comes up and says you cant take the car. I asked him what the problem was to which he replies that I have to pay him in cash as security deposit. I told him again about the Citrus Pay bit and tried to explain mails and communication. He said he didn't have information so again went through calls and clarifications before finally driving off. This was such a tedious and lengthy process which totally ruined the planned drive and left me mentally exhausted even before the drive began. The car was strictly OK with few things not functioning (which I was explained before driving).

Most Viewed