Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2015, 19:26   #871
BHPian

re: Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptushar View Post
Will I need to pay any entry tax while entering Pondicherry? If yes, then can someone help with where this tax needs to be paid? Can I pay it online?
out of state taxes are mentioned on zoom site.

http://www.zoomcar.com/outstation

it doesnt have any mention of Pondicherry. So there may not be any tax.
Attached Thumbnails
Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India-deleteme1.jpg  

ShaileshHinge is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2015, 19:51   #872
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Pondicherry is a separate UT. Not part of TN. So I assumed that there might be a separate entry tax.
Has anyone rented in Chennai and taken the car to Pondicherry?
Then there would be an entry tax booth, similar to toll collection. Even if it is not there, you should be easily able to spot the yellow plates waiting to pay the entry tax, if any.

Quote:
What is this tax? Is this something specific for TN?
It is something I paid in Pune. Would not be in TN. You can ignore this part.
vinit.merchant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2015, 22:10   #873
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaileshHinge View Post
Where do you insist ? I am getting all generic answers on all my calls to the call centers. Is there a place i can call to request for a newer car with ABS ?
I have blocked a scorpio from Mumbai for 12 days in december. But i am told i need to connect with call center 2 days in advance.

Do you have any connects who can help me ?
I just dropped an email to the customer care http://www.zoomcar.com/bangalore/contactus and received a callback within the hour.

Alternately, you can talk to the location in-charge by calling the number provided in your booking confirmation email.
Old 25th November 2015, 22:16   #874
BHPian

Quote:
Pondicherry is a separate UT. Not part of TN. So I assumed that there might be a separate entry tax.
Has anyone rented in Chennai and taken the car to Pondicherry?

What is this tax? Is this something specific for TN?
Most of the Self Driving cars have National Permit. I once drove down to Vijayawada(part of AP now) from Hyderabad and I didn't paid even a single penny of tax whereas my friend paid 600 for his own commercial vehicle.
Old 25th November 2015, 22:28   #875
BHPian

My colleague has booked a Fortuner for our trip to Tirupati tomorrow. I also plan to drive. However, my original license is with RTO for change of address and conversion from booklet to smart card. I have the acknowledgement that they have given. Is it ok to drive with a color copy of my DL and this acknowledgement?
Old 25th November 2015, 22:31   #876
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanak1 View Post
My colleague has booked a Fortuner for our trip to Tirupati tomorrow. I also plan to drive. However, my original license is with RTO for change of address and conversion from booklet to smart card. I have the acknowledgement that they have given. Is it ok to drive with a color copy of my DL and this acknowledgement?
Since your colleague booked the car on his credentials, you cannot drive it. Only the person who booked it.
Old 25th November 2015, 23:03   #877
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
Since your colleague booked the car on his credentials, you cannot drive it. Only the person who booked it.
I have also registered on ZoomCar and they have approved my license photo that I uploaded. They clearly state on their website that anyone else accompanying can also drive provided they are registered with zoomcar.

Found this on the RTO website:

"Section 130 of MV Act, 1988 - Duty to produce license and certificate of registration
(1) The driver of a motor vehicle in any public place shall, on demand by any police officer in uniform, produce his licence for examination: Provided that the driver may, if his licence has been submitted to, or has been seized by, any officer or authority under this or any other Act, produce in lieu of the licence a receipt or other acknowledgement issued by such officer or authority in respect thereof and thereafter produce the licence within such period, in such manner as the Central Government may prescribe to the Police officer making the demand."

Any other thoughts on this?

Last edited by rohanak1 : 25th November 2015 at 23:27.
Old 26th November 2015, 09:07   #878
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
Any registered Zoomcar member with an approved DL can drive, as per the T&Cs.

Quote:
Not advisable if you are traveling out of state. At least, have a photograph of your license on your cellphone.

Last edited by hemant.kamat : 26th November 2015 at 09:12.
Old 26th November 2015, 11:12   #879
BHPian

Quote:
There is no problem. You can very well drive with this.
reverse_gear is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2015, 20:00   #880
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

I have booked a Zoom car (Ford Figo) for the first time for a drive from Delhi -> Agra -> Jaipur ->Delhi. I will be flying to Delhi with family, take the car and zoom to these destinations.

I have following questions, as I am new to zoom (and commercial registered cars) and appreciate your advice.

1) In above circuit (doing first time) which all state RTO tax I have to pay? UP and RJ, I understand, but, to enter back to Delhi via Gurgaon do I need to pay another HR tax?

2)Any tips to keep in mind before check-in/checkout with Zoom attendants to avoid any hassles?

3) [EDIT] Appreciate if someone can mention the checkposts/places in above circuit where I would need to stop to pay entry taxes.

tia,
-BJ

Last edited by bj96 : 26th November 2015 at 20:16.
Old 26th November 2015, 20:10   #881
Team-BHP Support

All commercial vehicles (includes Zoomcar) entering Delhi have to pay 65 Rs. Nothing for exiting Delhi.
Eddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2015, 21:19   #882
BHPian

Quote:

Found this on the RTO website:

"Section 130 of MV Act, 1988 - Duty to produce license and certificate of registration

Any other thoughts on this?
The Zoom car driving is already answered. The RTO receipt has a date (usually 30 days) of validity. It helps to make sure your trip dates are covered, else go to the RTO submission counter and request an extension of 15 days. They usually oblige and sign on the same receipt, as postal delays are common.

I just did a Hyd trip in my own vehicle recently and was stopped at the interstate border, and this D/L receipt was accepted.
Old 26th November 2015, 23:14   #883
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
Any tips to keep in mind before check-in/checkout with Zoom attendants to avoid any hassles?
Take photographs of the car inside & out, close ups of all visible damages, and check for any missing items like wheel covers, spare wheel, jack, etc.
hemant.kamat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2015, 00:34   #884
BHPian

Just made a booking for mid December! Absolutely no discounts even though this is my first booking :(
Any idea on the permit for Kerala? How much do they charge & how long is it valid?
Went ahead, paid the premium for Zoom over Myles cos of the various feedbacks and the restrictions!
The two main reasons being :

1. Myles booking & pick up process
2. 100kmph limit in Myles as compared to the 125kmph in Zoomcar!

100 will bore one & leave you frustrated on open 4/6lane highways when a smaller car or a Volvo bus leaves you behind!
Hoping to have a great experience with Zoom!

Last edited by saadat1992 : 27th November 2015 at 00:35.
Old 27th November 2015, 08:50   #885
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saadat1992 View Post
Any idea on the permit for Kerala? How much do they charge & how long is it valid?
Kerala
1 week
• 4+1 = ₹140 + handling charges ~₹100
• 6+1 = ₹350 + handling charges ~₹150

Information available at http://www.zoomcar.com/outstation
Attached Thumbnails
Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India-deleteme.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks